Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 17:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: One of a kind!! Chevy Spark PS with mild performance mods! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
BTW are using premium or regular petrol? I recently switched from regular to Shell Super, and there was a drastic change in the initial throttle response.
Glad to know that you are getting similar fuel efficiency as well

I use Shell Regular Petrol when leaving from Bangalore and tank up with Indian Oil Regular Petrol when leaving from Coorg. During the rare city runs its always Shell Regular.
Old 19th April 2012, 16:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

Updating the thread after nearly 4 months! All is well with the car and the exhaust note has turned to a really good bassy note. My tuner managed to procure NGK Iridium Spark Plugs from Japan when he traveled there. Got them installed last week and there is a pronounced difference in the throttle response. Yet to take it on a long drive to test it which will be done this weekend.

The next step is a Cold Air Intake. Planning to go for BMC DIA soon. Car has covered 23,xxx kms on the odo and has been a fun ride so far with the well executed mods.
Old 30th May 2012, 14:27   #63
BHPian

Hey does anyone here have any idea as to how do I fit an aftermarket exhaust tip on my Spark LS.?
I have come to london for a trip and I am going to buy some accessories for my car from here.
The spark's oe exhaust tip comes with a downward exit so that is the reason why im asking this, because I don't think the aftermaket exhaust tip would fit directly.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12th June 2012, 00:11   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
The next step is a Cold Air Intake. Planning to go for BMC DIA soon.
How much would this cost abhinav?

Cleaned the filter last week, look at the amount of dust lying here
One of a kind!! Chevy Spark PS with mild performance mods! :D-img2012053100476.jpg

Last edited by quadra : 12th June 2012 at 00:15.
Old 12th June 2012, 12:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
How much would this cost abhinav?
Thanks for reminding about this.

Got the cold air intake fitted and completed nearly 2000kms after fitting it. Along with the cold air intake i also switched to OWS Fully Synthetic Oil & Iridium Plugs which was done in April. Boy there is a sea of difference with the throttle response and the way the car moves with the AC on.

Since the 1000kms round trip was undertaken in end May with no sun films, the AC was always on. With this and the Shiradi Ghats thrown in, the little car returned an impressive mileage of 19kmpl. This is with 2 adults, 1 infant and luggage for all 3 of us for 3 days stowed in the car. Was totally amazed.

Coming to your query, Gautham the Cold Air Intake cost me 11.5k including the installation which again was a very professional job. Have asked my tuner to send me the pics taken of the CAI. Will post them once i receive it.

Car has completed 25k kms in a little over 2 years. Of the 25k kms, it has been running on mods for the last 19k kms. Of course a few of them recent but the headers and conical filter job was the first. It has been putting a smile on my face each time i take it out for a drive and long drives have become a breeze with the current set up being effortless on both the engine and the driver

Trident Chevy has been servicing the car without complaints. The only hiccup is my power steering oil is leaking albeit very slowly. They have tried out something this time which has not helped and they have promised to replace the steering rack in warranty if the issue persists. Hope they honor their word and get the replacement done.
Old 12th June 2012, 18:58   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Thanks for reminding about this.

Got the cold air intake fitted and completed nearly 2000kms after fitting it. Along with the cold air intake i also switched to OWS Fully Synthetic Oil & Iridium Plugs which was done in April. Boy there is a sea of difference with the throttle response and the way the car moves with the AC on.

Since the 1000kms round trip was undertaken in end May with no sun films, the AC was always on. With this and the Shiradi Ghats thrown in, the little car returned an impressive mileage of 19kmpl. This is with 2 adults, 1 infant and luggage for all 3 of us for 3 days stowed in the car. Was totally amazed.

Coming to your query, Gautham the Cold Air Intake cost me 11.5k including the installation which again was a very professional job. Have asked my tuner to send me the pics taken of the CAI. Will post them once i receive it.

Car has completed 25k kms in a little over 2 years. Of the 25k kms, it has been running on mods for the last 19k kms. Of course a few of them recent but the headers and conical filter job was the first. It has been putting a smile on my face each time i take it out for a drive and long drives have become a breeze with the current set up being effortless on both the engine and the driver

Trident Chevy has been servicing the car without complaints. The only hiccup is my power steering oil is leaking albeit very slowly. They have tried out something this time which has not helped and they have promised to replace the steering rack in warranty if the issue persists. Hope they honor their word and get the replacement done.
Wow that awesome news man. 11k sounds like a decent price- plz try to source the pics on priority basis.

I think its time for the dyno test eh?
Old 12th June 2012, 20:36   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I think its time for the dyno test eh?
may be but the difference will be marginal anyways! It is more of the ease with which it is handling the load after the mods as compared to an out right BHP gain. Yes of course there will be a BHP gain, but may be hardly 2-3 at the most if that. Hook up with my tuner & now good friend at EngineCal if you are planning to go the CAI route. He will set you up with a good deal.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 21:29   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s

may be but the difference will be marginal anyways! It is more of the ease with which it is handling the load after the mods as compared to an out right BHP gain. Yes of course there will be a BHP gain, but may be hardly 2-3 at the most if that. Hook up with my tuner & now good friend at EngineCal if you are planning to go the CAI route. He will set you up with a good deal.
Have you done your porting polishing?
Old 14th June 2012, 12:12   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Have you done your porting polishing?
Nope not done it. I am in 2 minds if i should meddle with it or not. Will take a call after discussing with EngineCal guys.
Old 28th August 2012, 20:17   #70
BHPian

How much did the Headers cost you? Please post the pictures of the CAI and Headers.

~Thanks!
Old 21st May 2013, 22:13   #71
BHPian

Can you share the cost of the following:
Castrol 10w40
OWS 10w40
Spark plugs

Did you do an engine flush anytime before the new oil?

Taken from EngineCal FB page:
One of a kind!! Chevy Spark PS with mild performance mods! :D-301865_363355450384655_1898960165_n.jpg

Last edited by quadra : 21st May 2013 at 22:16. Reason: Herez a pic
Old 5th January 2015, 15:50   #72
BHPian

My Chevy Spark has clocked 15k on the odo in a little over 4.5 years. The authorized service center has given me two options.
(1) Service it based on the kms run (15k). This costs around 8k, which includes general service,oil and filter change and wheel alignment.
(2) Service it based on the time(around 5 years) and the quote is around 15k, which includes all the above and fan belt change and replacement of other parts.

Both the quotations seem very high. Should i service it based on odo reading or duration ?
Old 6th January 2015, 23:24   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
My Chevy Spark has clocked 15k on the odo in a little over 4.5 years. The authorized service center has given me two options.
(1) Service it based on the kms run (15k). This costs around 8k, which includes general service,oil and filter change and wheel alignment.
(2) Service it based on the time(around 5 years) and the quote is around 15k, which includes all the above and fan belt change and replacement of other parts.

Both the quotations seem very high. Should i service it based on odo reading or duration ?
If I were you, I would go for option 1. But not at an authorised workshop. Please go through the directory section for garages that Bhpians recommend.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed