Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2011, 23:14   #1
BHPian

Provare un Punto: Trot beneath Azure Skies

Fervent glances at thee, a whole year long
Irrepressible emotions in glee, a heart on song
Arduous debate in me, could this love be wrong
Thy amorous beauty overwhelmed, to be one among

Poetry is the elixir of literary bliss for those so inclined, but sculpted metal is the drug that drives my mind.

Of course, the road to your heart's deepest desire is fraught with peril and disillusionment, but a brave heart and a calm soul can overcome anything.

And with that load of literary jargon out of the way, allow me to proudly introduce my Italian beauty; Vivacious, seductive, temperamental, and yet unfathomably lovable.

My new Fiat Grande Punto 1.3L 75BHP MultiJet Diesel Emotion Pack in Fox Trot Azure. All non-believers be damned!

P.S. Needless to add, all further entries will be factual and unbiased. The rose-tint (and bad literature) ends here.
Attached Thumbnails
Provare un Punto: Trot beneath Azure Skies-img_0835.jpg  

Provare un Punto: Trot beneath Azure Skies-img_0840.jpg  

Provare un Punto: Trot beneath Azure Skies-img_0842.jpg  

Provare un Punto: Trot beneath Azure Skies-img_0836.jpg  

Pyrotek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2011, 23:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Provare un Punto: Trot beneath Azure Skies

Its been three days since I got my new Punto, and I have done about 250km in this time. For a guy who did barely 10000km with his petrol Swift in 4 years, that is saying something.

But in this short time, some things about the Punto stand out already. Let me list them out:

Things I adore:

1. Outstanding Ride quality: Simply magic-carpet stuff.
2. Great, confident handling at all speeds: The car has magnificent poise no matter the nature of the road underneath.
3. Technological tour de force: Blue&Me, USB connectivity, auto climate control, steering mounted controls, comprehensive on-board computer display.
4. Great Interiors: Shocking, I hear you say! But believe, inside a Punto is the best place to be. The tank like build, the snug enclosure all give a sense of security that I have sorely missed in my previous cars.
5. Capacious boot: for a hatch, this is more than enormous enough.

And some things which could be better:

1. Turbo-lag: Oh, that wait for the revs to build up so that the rush of turbine blown madness may be unleashed.
2. Gear shift quality: In simple words, it ain't a Swift. But its not a total deal-breaker and is good enough on its own merit.
3. Fit and Finish: Some uneven exterior panel gaps hark back to my Indica days. Not cool!
4. Electrical niggles: I have found that my central odo light intensity, and climate control display light intensity drop down on switching on the headlights. This strikes me as odd! The dealer has promised to correct the same when I go to fit my accessories and the number plate this week.

My sales experience at Prerana Motors, WOC road, Bangalore was just about average at best. I had a courteous sales guy, but his lead was a handful to deal with. Not all accessories have been delivered yet. I am yet to get my spoiler(!!!), car perfume(!!) and body cover(!). Mad delivery rush on Akshay Tritya (the day I got my car) only compounded the chaos.

I sincerely hope my service experience will be better. But having experienced their service (in their Peenya branch) with our old Indica many years ago, I am mentally conditioning myself for the worst.

While I may sound very critical about some of the things I have written above, you should not be deterred from considering this magnificent machine. A thorough PDI and tough dealing with the showroom folks will keep you in good stead. What is great about this car is that its core fundamentals seem to be very strong, but of course its too early to judge even that.

Honestly speaking, once I got the car in my hands, most of my concerns went for a heave-ho! This car has me hooked to its many talents, and how!

And now, I leave you with another photo of the car on her first night in my hands. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Provare un Punto: Trot beneath Azure Skies-img_0786.jpg  

Pyrotek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 19:47   #3
BHPian

Pyrotek, congratulations for your Grande Punto! Hope it brings you miles and miles of reasons to smile!

I too own a Grande Punto MJD and just crossed 10,000 kms in just 7 months. I love everything about the car!! As you have mentioned that you have already dealt with the Prerena service, I guess then you don't have to worry about the service either.

BTW, Excellent choice !!
Pri2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 20:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Punto. We too have an FTA Punto. Its a comparatively rarer colour among the Reds, white's and Tuscan Wines. I love the subtlety of this shade.

I'm sure you will enjoy the car. Could you throw some light on the other cars you considered and how you chose the Punto ?
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 21:19   #5
BHPian

Congrats man on the new acquisition . Post more pics and driving experience
Soccerfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 22:14   #6
BHPian

Pyro - congrats on a great buy! Looking forward to more pics and thats some amazing mileage in 3 days, my friend
e-katz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 23:05   #7
BHPian

Pyrotek, your post is one of the best, not because of the content, but because of your words, not to say that the content is not useful. Its perfect! But the way you write is majestic, it has a different air and it suits a car like Punto. Rough words and abrupt sentences does not suit a car like Punto. So you have done justice to it to the fullest. I am planning to buy a Punto next week. Tuscon Wine Emotion Pack Diesel 75hp. But you are right, the turbo lag is a concern, so I might switch to the 90hp. But again I have a mind to change the speakers and fit an amp, so I can use the extra 40k to do it in the 75hp. uggggggghhhhhh, confused !!!
mads2849 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 09:52   #8
BHPian

Hey Pyrotek,

This is great news. Congratulations on the Punto. It does look dashing.

I completely agree with your remark about the feeling inside a Punto - Rock Solid. None of the Japanese cars can match that feel. Its a TANK.

Looking forward to some more details. can you please post a few pics of the car's interiors? Want to check how they gel with the FTA exterior. I have gone for the Tuscan Wine.

Happy Miles ahead.
SankalpDesai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 11:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Pyrotek, its time for some Fireworks!!! Congrats on your latest Stint with an Italian Beauty bro, she looks elegant in that shade.

I read somewhere on TBHP that Fiat have disontinued the darker shade of blue on Punto that was early available, is that right? Apart from the above mentioned Accessories, do you have any other planned for your FTP(Fox-Trot Punto) ??
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 11:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for getting a car worth its value. Welcome to FIAT family. Though the fit and finish of the interiors could have been a bit better (I am not complaining), the overall build quality is still good. I have driven my beauty for 12K km and there was just a single rattle from the HVAC pipe. Nothing has fallen off since the day of purchase. Enjoy the beauty to the fullest
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 12:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
4. Electrical niggles: I have found that my central odo light intensity, and climate control display light intensity drop down on switching on the headlights. This strikes me as odd! The dealer has promised to correct the same when I go to fit my accessories and the number plate this week.
Pyrotek, Congrats again. Awesome car that!

BTW, that is not a niggle. Atleast that is what I have observed in many cars, the instrument console lights dim to give lesser strain to your eyes in the dark. Other Punto owners can confirm.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 12:14   #12
BANNED

Beautiful write up straight from the heart. Enjoy the drive.

As for the niggles you have mentioned, the intensity of the instrument console is meant to go down when the headlight is switched on. You can check with other Punto owners on the forum. So one issue out already eh!
akhilesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 13:05   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Great Interiors: Shocking, I hear you say! But believe, inside a Punto is the best place to be. The tank like build, the snug enclosure all give a sense of security that I have sorely missed in my previous cars.
That's something the other numerous Punto owners here in TBHP have not recorded.
But it's one of the best things about being in the front seat of a Punto. I too felt the same as you felt, in the TDs i had in Punto.
I don't think any car below 10L will give you this kind of secure feeling, maybe except for it's sibling Linea.
And congrats on the new car!

Last edited by Daewood : 10th May 2011 at 13:07.
Daewood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 13:12   #14
BHPian

Pyrotek, Congrats man. Welcome to the Grande Punto club. You have a great car and a great color choice. I would have got the Fix Trot Azure if it was available before. Unfortunately, I did not have this choice 18 months ago.

Have touched 20000 kms in these 18 months, I can assure you this is one great car. No rattles or niggles that i am bothered about since the day of ownership. The ABS and the handling has saved me from multiple close calls on highways. Gives the same solid feel from day one when you are inside. I can go on and on. But this is just one great vehicle and I am glad you are going to enjoy it too.

Munch many more happy miles with you new acquisition.
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 13:22   #15
BHPian

Congrats Pyrotek! Welcome to the GP Club!
sbkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks