Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 11:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Olympic White Spark(le) LT: Ownership Log

Nice Spark, even though a the red externals are a little tough to digest atleast for me, but the black vinyl window linings look cool and I have never seen anyone completely cover the floor with transparent vinyl as cleaning it could be tough if its permanently bolted. So what else is planned? How is the stock music system?
Old 25th May 2011, 11:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Nice Spark, even though a the red externals are a little tough to digest atleast for me, but the black vinyl window linings look cool and I have never seen anyone completely cover the floor with transparent vinyl as cleaning it could be tough if its permanently bolted. So what else is planned? How is the stock music system?
@Sparkle, Thanks buddy. For the Red externals, even i was a bit apprehensive about them when i thought of doing it. But the final result looks very good in person

For the Vinyl Floor Lamination, it is not bolted, it is neatly tucked away under the plastic claddings around the interiors and the box under the gear lever. And pasted with a drop of Bond in every corner. I have seen this in many cars which have light colored interiors in Mumbai and thought of getting it done. Cleaning the same is very easy, just a wipe of a wet cloth or the vaccum cleaner and you are done. No stains to the Original Carpet.

Stock Music System is OK, nothing great about it. It is an average sound system, but at the price which you pay its more than enough. One thing i wanted to point out that the Display of the Sound System is very bad under sun light, you cant see anything on the small screen.

Planned:
1. Teflon Coating, is it recommended ?
2. Engine Coating.
Old 25th May 2011, 18:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@Sparkle, Thanks buddy. For the Red externals, even i was a bit apprehensive about them when i thought of doing it. But the final result looks very good in person

For the Vinyl Floor Lamination, it is not bolted, it is neatly tucked away under the plastic claddings around the interiors and the box under the gear lever. And pasted with a drop of Bond in every corner. I have seen this in many cars which have light colored interiors in Mumbai and thought of getting it done. Cleaning the same is very easy, just a wipe of a wet cloth or the vaccum cleaner and you are done. No stains to the Original Carpet.

Stock Music System is OK, nothing great about it. It is an average sound system, but at the price which you pay its more than enough. One thing i wanted to point out that the Display of the Sound System is very bad under sun light, you cant see anything on the small screen.

Planned:
1. Teflon Coating, is it recommended ?
2. Engine Coating.

Imho none of your planned things are a must have, rather just good to have. Though your car looks nice and shiny after a Teflon coat due to all the polishing involved with some waxy substance, but whats its use in a new car, I really dont know. Most of the people I know take it as a freebie offered by the dealer and not really a worthwhile thing to spend money on. I guess an upgraded ICE system, alloys, good sun film are much better upgrades.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 21:52   #19
BHPian

@Sparkled, good suggestion buddy..!! I will surely consider the Alloys & Upgraded ICE Setup. What is you opinion about the Engine Coating.

IMO, it protects the engine from the White marks that can be seen after some usage on the Aluminium parts of the Engine. Is it worthwhile ?

Where are you situated in Navi Mumbai ? i am also in Navi Mumbai.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 25th May 2011 at 22:05.
Old 26th May 2011, 08:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@Sparkled, good suggestion buddy..!! I will surely consider the Alloys & Upgraded ICE Setup. What is you opinion about the Engine Coating.

IMO, it protects the engine from the White marks that can be seen after some usage on the Aluminium parts of the Engine. Is it worthwhile ?

Where are you situated in Navi Mumbai ? i am also in Navi Mumbai.
Again not a must have really. I am staying at Nerul so just pm me and we could have a quick meet up this week end.
Old 26th May 2011, 10:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Again not a must have really. I am staying at Nerul so just pm me and we could have a quick meet up this week end.
Great..!! lets meet up this weekend. PM Sent to you
Old 29th June 2011, 10:58   #22
BHPian

Rat Menace..!! they have chewed the Wire for one of the Injectors even after handing a puch of tobacco in the engine compartment the rats have dared..!!

Kindly help me, is there any other option available for getting rid of the Rat Menace ?
Old 29th June 2011, 15:09   #23
BHPian

Sharma ji... Congratulations for the lovely car:-)

I am not commenting further on your wild and whacky touch on the white beauty.

Will comment after I see her in person :-)
Old 29th June 2011, 17:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Sharma ji... Congratulations for the lovely car:-)

I am not commenting further on your wild and whacky touch on the white beauty.

Will comment after I see her in person :-)
Thanks Mate..!! i think we had a big discussion on the Whacky touch on the White Beauty

Wait for your comments, when we meet in person.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks