Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 21:45   #1
BANNED

Our New Swift VXi

Hello Everyone !

I'm here to share my new purchase . Now before anyone says anything about the upcoming new Swift, I would have loved to but my very personal circumstances which I won't get into did not let me. Now....
So we had owned a Maruti Suzuki 800 and Esteem for about 15 years now and for financial reasons were never really able to buy a new car or well much of anything new for a long time really. I won't digress here so, Short version - The past 2 years were quite lucrative for me and my family and finally life was good again. The day had come when we were with god's grace finally able to afford a replacement for one of our aging cars. We decided to replace the 800 or the Go-Kart on steroids as I like to call it.

The Hunt for a new Car:

A few months ago we started looking for our future new car, We looked at the Hyundai i20 & i10, Suzuki Swift, Skoda Fabia, Volkswagen Polo and even some lower segment ones such as the A-Star, Alto and Zen. After Test driving all of the above I had my heart set on the Fabia. Just loved the interiors & the planted ride quality but then after reading through the Skoda horror stories here on T-BHP and of course the maintenance costs I decided to skip on that one. Test drove the Swift and absolutely loved it !, Won't get into details as to what about it here since there would be just too much to type. In short though I love absolutely everything about this car. I decided that after the Fabia this was the car for me.
The sales lady was very kind, informative and helpful. Did not try and push or force her sale like others did. We told her we would come back and book the car within 2 weeks & so we did. When we booked our car the delivery estimate was set at 2 1/2 months, This was at Vitesse right next to the BMW Showroom at Nehru Planetarium. I was quite excited, I set my iPhone to bing me when the delivery date would arrive and sure enough it did. Sadly the sales lady said it would take about 2 more weeks for the car. 2 more weeks went by and again the same reason we would have to wait another week or so. In total we waited about 3 1/2 months. On a side note, Minus the waiting time there is nothing negative that I have to say about this particular dealership. Based on the miniscule experience I've had with After sales, The after sales support is A+.

Delivery:

We got a phone call in the morning around 10AM. It was the sales lady !, Our car had come !!! I was excited as hell ! as you can tell by the many exclamation marks that I've used in the previous sentence.
I rushed to the showroom right after college with my mother and like an eagle stared across as the taxi neared the showroom looking for a white Swift. There it was, Gleaming white My father right next to it. Paid the taxi driver, Got out and walked.....well.....that would be a lie :P, I 'briskly' walked towards it trying to exude an image of calm when actually this was the most excited I've been since I was a kid and we got our old car back in the day. The entire lot was empty, Ours was the only car there for delivery or at the time anyways, This made the day a bit more special for me. After signing the papers, We took our keys. Did Pooja there, Worth mentioning perhaps that the dealership people provided the items for it. Got in the car and the Odo read about 59 of delivery kms. In comparison the 800 has clocked in 1.2L kms and the Esteeem 1.7L kms if I remember correctly. This just put a very big smile on my face. The Vitesse people put in a gallon of petrol, which I reckon was just enough to fill the reserve tank as the tank meter was all the way down to the E spot. They were kind enough to take a snap(yet to receive else I'd post that here) of me and my parents with the car. We went out to mahalaxmi temple, Parents went in to pray and I waited outside. Waited about 5 mins, I couldn't anymore. I turned off the Hazard and left for a short drive.

My Swift VXi:

So far The car is stock, no ICE, no film, no alloys, on stock tyres. Even the plastic seat covers are still on & No discount was given or any accessories. The car I received felt like a much better vehicle than the TD model, Perhaps because it's brand new ? The braking felt smooth yet very responsive, The shifts silky and the acceleration was as desired. The cabin is extremely silent when idle and when running it's noise levels are quite low as well, I reckon this might be due to the new K-series engine. I was told its quite refined as far as noise is concerned. The suspension isn't that great over potholes but very much acceptable. Cannot report on FE just yet, I was advised to wait for the first service before commenting on that. The feature list for the vXi is largely acceptable, My only complaint however would be the rearview mirror it's too darn small also the boot. Cornering is excellent for it's class. Interior design for this car has been criticized to be too 'plasticky' but then again looks are subjective and I personally don't have any complaints, Exterior design gets a solid A Grade from me.
Words cannot describe how much of a difference this modern day car is for someone like me who has never driven anything apart from my 15-16 year old 800 and Esteem. To give you an idea, I bless the person who invented Power windows and Power steering .
I think I'll end this wall of text here since I believe I have a late night drive I need to get started on. If there's something anyone here would like me to give my feedback on please let me know and if there are any suggestions to be made which might improve my driving experience with this car please feel free to post them here. Oh and I'll post the picture of me and my parents with the new car once they send it to me. For now here's one I took of them with it from my camera phone. Will post more pics if anyone's interested later on.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by GTO : 29th January 2015 at 13:11. Reason: As requested
Old 26th May 2011, 23:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Our New Swift VXi

Let me be the first one to wish you for your new car. Congratulations Puneet for your all new Maruti Swift VXi. Well written short and to the point review. Please post some more pictures of your ride including engine bay and interiors.

Wishing you several years of Happy and Safe Driving.
Old 26th May 2011, 23:27   #3
BHPian

Congratulations Puneet, man I can feel your excitement. Enjoy your car, don't squeeze the throttle too hard and drive safe.
Old 27th May 2011, 07:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Being a Swift owner myself , i can assure you that it is an awesome car ! My car is doing its 5th year , 70K km mark and still it makes me smile everytime I drive it .
As mentioned by Off Roadie , don't rev the engine too hard till you complete the first 2500 km . The Swift has got a gem of an engine and overall its a car with low maintenance cost. Please get used to the A-pillar of the Swift, critical especially when you are turning - it needs a little getting used to .
Old 27th May 2011, 11:44   #5
BHPian

Hey congratz puneet!
Swift is indeed a fun to drive car except the ride quality.

It really puzzles me though as to how come the Vxi model has so much of waiting period.From what i know petrol swifts are literally available off the shelf.
Old 27th May 2011, 11:55   #6
BHPian

Puneet, congrats on buying a new swift!!

I can't believe you waited 100+ days for the delivery! Its just too much. Does it really have such a long waiting period even now?

Nonetheless, its a great car and I'm sure it will bring you many smiles as you drive along!

Drive safe!
Old 27th May 2011, 12:56   #7
BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition. Please post some interior pics.

Any modifications planned for near future? Tyre Upgrade and/or ICE?
Old 27th May 2011, 14:09   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

congratulations puneet!!
its one of the most fun to drive cars ,correct me if i am wrong, in production anywhere as of date!
true petrolhead you are, judging from the bubbling enthusiasm in your post!!
enjoy ripping the road(figuratively!)
am quite sure your first service mileage will come up within a week
Old 27th May 2011, 15:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Puneet! Thats a nice car you got yourself there.
Please do keep the rev's below 2000-2500 rpm for the first 1500-2000 kms. Not only will it give surprisingly good fuel efficiency , but it will good for your engine health in the long term.
Old 27th May 2011, 17:21   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Being a Swift owner myself , i can assure you that it is an awesome car ! My car is doing its 5th year , 70K km mark and still it makes me smile everytime I drive it .
As mentioned by Off Roadie , don't rev the engine too hard till you complete the first 2500 km . The Swift has got a gem of an engine and overall its a car with low maintenance cost. Please get used to the A-pillar of the Swift, critical especially when you are turning - it needs a little getting used to .
The A-Pillar deal is a bit obnoxious at times yes. Will do my best not to rev too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Let me be the first one to wish you for your new car. Congratulations Puneet for your all new Maruti Swift VXi. Well written short and to the point review. Please post some more pictures of your ride including engine bay and interiors.

Will post some more pictures tomorrow. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Puneet, congrats on buying a new swift!!

I can't believe you waited 100+ days for the delivery! Its just too much. Does it really have such a long waiting period even now?

Nonetheless, its a great car and I'm sure it will bring you many smiles as you drive along!

Drive safe!
The wait was horrendous but quite worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition. Please post some interior pics.

Any modifications planned for near future? Tyre Upgrade and/or ICE?
As this is a family car no modifications whatsoever. Although I will most definitely be putting in ICE. Just waiting on some fellow T-BHP'ers feedback now : ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Congrats Puneet! Thats a nice car you got yourself there.
Please do keep the rev's below 2000-2500 rpm for the first 1500-2000 kms. Not only will it give surprisingly good fuel efficiency , but it will good for your engine health in the long term.
Its a bit hard to keep the revs from crossing 2k but yeah I will have to try better.

Thanks for the kind words everyone
Old 6th June 2011, 13:24   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

Sorry for the delay. Here you go : )..
Attached Thumbnails
Our New Swift VXi-001.jpg  

Our New Swift VXi-002.jpg  

Our New Swift VXi-003.jpg  

Our New Swift VXi-004.jpg  

Our New Swift VXi-005.jpg  

Our New Swift VXi-006.jpg  

Our New Swift VXi-009.jpg  

Our New Swift VXi-012.jpg  

Our New Swift VXi-007.jpg  

Last edited by puneet_b : 6th June 2011 at 13:53.
puneet_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 16:36   #12
BHPian

Ah, a new Swift VXi! Thanks for rekindling the old memories, Puneet!
Without a doubt, this was the best car we have ever owned in our family.
It was with a heavy heart that I let go of it last month. I digress though.

You have assured yourself and your family years and years of unlimited happiness, comfort, and peace of mind.

Many many congratulations!
Pyrotek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 19:05   #13
BHPian

Congratulations Puneet!!

What was the OTR price of the Swift VXi? Did you go for the optional ABS+EBD package?

Drive Safe and enjoy years of peaceful driving.
Old 7th June 2011, 17:45   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Congratulations Puneet!!

What was the OTR price of the Swift VXi? Did you go for the optional ABS+EBD package?

Drive Safe and enjoy years of peaceful driving.
Rs. 5.56L. Did not go for the ABS package. Just didn't feel right the TD model with ABS on it.
Old 27th August 2011, 11:14   #15
BANNED

Is this any good ?

Hello Everyone !

So earlier in the week my father went ahead and put in a system without consulting me :P in our new swift. I wasn't even aware of this till I went for a late night drive and noticed a HU in there. I played some music on it and it sounded extremely lifeless & flat. It would seem he got the cheapest items he could find !. I'd like to know if the following products are any good ? & perhaps the settings are just off ?

Pioneer DEH-2390UB
JBL CS-5 x 2 pairs, These are located in the doors.

There are no speakers in the back on the tray. Also, How can I improve the experience with say minimal further expense (<5k)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks