Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2011, 02:23   #16
BHPian

Re: My Blue Saphire - Shadow Blue Vento Highline

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th May 2011 at 16:24.
iFuel is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th May 2011, 21:20   #17
BHPian

Hey... beautiful seat covers you have. Can you tell us what shade did you choose. Do you know where can we get the Kagu 3d mats for the vento.
Old 29th May 2011, 08:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncar
Hey... beautiful seat covers you have. Can you tell us what shade did you choose. Do you know where can we get the Kagu 3d mats for the vento.
It was Mild dew shade in Satin category.. I'm looking for the Kagu 3d mats too.
Old 29th May 2011, 12:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
It was Mild dew shade in Satin category.. I'm looking for the Kagu 3d mats too.
Where did you get the stanley seats done for 30 k. does the seats go with the interiors and doors. how much of a colour difference is it from the original.

Does the sensor do a good job. I am getting my white vento highline tomorrow so was wondering to put the sensors or not. wanted to go for camera which is below the number plate light and good IRVM with inbuilt Lcd. but i am not getting anything good. So thinking to get sensors till something comes up good or i go for different HU.

Well the kagu mats are comming next week most probably. will let you know if you get it before, let me know.
Old 29th May 2011, 14:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have a question on the parking sensors - How accurate is it? I usually park my car very close to the wall and looking for a solution that gives me an indication of the distance between the rear bumper and wall to the last mm. The standard one's that i have seen are programmed in such a way that they give a warning indication when the distance is around 50mm of so from the object, but doesnt do a count down till the last mm. Any suggestions?
Old 29th May 2011, 16:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

11.3 OTR? So cars cost the same as in Karnataka? Thought Karnataka had the higher acquisition costs for cars.
Old 29th May 2011, 18:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I have a question on the parking sensors - How accurate is it? I usually park my car very close to the wall and looking for a solution that gives me an indication of the distance between the rear bumper and wall to the last mm. The standard one's that i have seen are programmed in such a way that they give a warning indication when the distance is around 50mm of so from the object, but doesnt do a count down till the last mm. Any suggestions?
I use the crosslink sensors and they are pretty useful and functionally accurate though I am sure it would not be accurate to the last mm - i doubt any would do that . The crosslink ones starts screaming "stop" once something is 0.3 m away.
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2011, 21:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncar View Post
Where did you get the stanley seats done for 30 k. does the seats go with the interiors and doors. how much of a colour difference is it from the original.

Does the sensor do a good job. I am getting my white vento highline tomorrow so was wondering to put the sensors or not. wanted to go for camera which is below the number plate light and good IRVM with inbuilt Lcd. but i am not getting anything good. So thinking to get sensors till something comes up good or i go for different HU.

Well the kagu mats are comming next week most probably. will let you know if you get it before, let me know.
I got them done at the stanley shop in Rd. 36, Jubilee Hills. They match the armrest at the front. We have at least 2 types of beige in our car if you carefully observe. I picked something that suits the flooring instead of something that goes with the roof or door panels. The choice is subjective. For color difference, please look at the pics.

Sensors are a must. But their accuracy is somewhere around 90%. I prefer them over the camera for many reasons. The reasons are lower cost, factory fit, and much effective to a camera to my taste because cameras can't pick up the distance well unless they show depth and distance. With parking sensors, you get 3 range of beeps (low, medium, and high). I usually stop the car at medium to be at a safe side.

Where are the mats coming to? Which shop I mean? Do keep me posted and I shall do the same too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
11.3 OTR? So cars cost the same as in Karnataka? Thought Karnataka had the higher acquisition costs for cars.
Yup unfortunately Karnataka and AP are the highest in terms of taxes.

Last edited by Zappo : 1st June 2011 at 02:20. Reason: Please use the multiquote button instead of making these back to back posts.
Old 29th May 2011, 21:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
I got them done at the stanley shop in Rd. 36, Jubilee Hills. They match the armrest at the front. We have at least 2 types of beige in our car if you carefully observe. I picked something that suits the flooring instead of something that goes with the roof or door panels. The choice is subjective. For color difference, please look at the pics.

Sensors are a must. But their accuracy is somewhere around 90%. I prefer them over the camera for many reasons. The reasons are lower cost, factory fit, and much effective to a camera to my taste because cameras can't pick up the distance well unless they show depth and distance. With parking sensors, you get 3 range of beeps (low, medium, and high). I usually stop the car at medium to be at a safe side.

Where are the mats coming to? Which shop I mean? Do keep me posted and I shall do the same too.

The guys at sprocket at ameerpet said that he would be getting next week, but i am not so sure.

I did go to the stanley showroom in 36 rd they quoted me touch classic at 27000 and touch satin at 34 odd ( i am not sure) this the half leather and half other. Did they give you any discount, and does the leather and non leather material match.
Old 29th May 2011, 23:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sourav. Is this crosslink is the one available with VW dealers or you got it done from somewhere outside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I use the crosslink sensors and they are pretty useful and functionally accurate though I am sure it would not be accurate to the last mm - i doubt any would do that . The crosslink ones starts screaming "stop" once something is 0.3 m away.
Old 29th May 2011, 23:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thanks Sourav. Is this crosslink is the one available with VW dealers or you got it done from somewhere outside?
Bala , I got it done outside and it took hardly 15-20 min - I avoided buying anything from the dealer except the car
It has 6 sensors on the rear and gets activated only when the reverse gear is engaged - I had seen one which was always on and found the beeping a nuisance thus I liked the feature of the sensor being activated only when reverse gear is engaged .

Wherever you are installing , pay special attention to where the sensors are being placed. Ask them to instal the sensors towards the lower half of the bumper - this way your sensor would be able to sense even low lying obstacles such as small flower pots , etc . The sensor and the rear view mirror will always show up taller obstacles , its the smaller ones which gets hidden by the boot. You can divide the bumper into 2 halves with a lateral axis and then instal the sensors apprx 2 cms below the axis. With that setting, my sensors were able to detect a 2 litre Pepsi bottle kept on the ground
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:36   #27
BHPian

Congrats on the Blue Vento. Dude you have made a great purchase and a jem of a car. (I own one too but its black colored). The Stanley seats look magnificent but the color they are you have to be very very careful.
I was going to get a blue one but at the last moment due to the goof up at some level I was offered the black color. I am in love with it but the Shadow Blue was my favorite. Anyway the logic is like padosi ki joru hamesha khoobsurat LOL ...!!!
Congrats once again and hope you have a long and safe drive and many many Happy Memories in this wonderful vehicle
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:43   #28
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase, Vento is indeed a beautiful car..

I love Blue, as blue stand for Truth. And Vento looks classic in this colour.

Can you guide me on the Final price inclusive of Taxes.

Also My B.I.L is planning to buy either a FIAT Punto / Linea / ANHV or the Vento diesel. I noticed you have test driven the ANHV but it would be nice if you could share the key differences you might has seen between these before make a decision.

Safe driving!
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:25   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats!!! The Vento looks smashing in this color! Nice choice for interior trim too!

I haven't gone through all your posts, hence asking. Any plans of getting sunfilms? Even the milder ones will make the car look even better!

Enjoy and drive safe!
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:12   #30
BHPian

Congrats Classic86 :-) The leather seats looks great. I see that you have paid 30000. Where did you get them in Hyderabad? Appreciate the info. Again congrats and happy cruiseing :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks