Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 13:31   #76
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura, Ambiente 2.0 TDI DSG : Ownership Experience

Congrads Lucky_13 on your new Laura. Just test drove the diesel auto and fell in love with it. But I noticed that the right rear view mirror was the not convex. I was not able to see a wide area using it. Is that the case with your model as well. I checked with other laura models and found the same. I felt this really annoying as i was not able to see the traffic in the right in order to make a lane switch.
Old 25th July 2011, 20:34   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm

I suspect they open the complete dash to do this fix. Have you noticed any rattle after this job? Are you happy with the fix as well as the dash fit post the job?
Even the service guys are not very keen on opening the dash unless required for the very reason of probable rattling as a result.

The cooled glove box option is disabled in the 2010 TSI as skoda has not provided the hose connecting the A/C to the glove box. When I checked with the service engineers, they said they could fit that by opening up the dash. But the side effect could be introduction of rattling if the dash was opened. I chose to live without a cooled glove box. But I can't stand rattling.
Old 10th August 2011, 10:13   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Lucky_13,

Great review and good to know of the VAG-Com updates that you have done to your Laura! I have a Skoda Yeti and wanted some advice from you on the VAG-Com. Were you able to get an original Ross-tech interface in India, and for how much. The Ross-tech website sells the product for $349, whereas in India, Petes is quoting for almost 30K... what do you recommend?
Old 10th August 2011, 17:31   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Lucky_13,

Great review and good to know of the VAG-Com updates that you have done to your Laura! I have a Skoda Yeti and wanted some advice from you on the VAG-Com. Were you able to get an original Ross-tech interface in India, and for how much. The Ross-tech website sells the product for $349, whereas in India, Petes is quoting for almost 30K... what do you recommend?
Ideally look from someone around NCR who owns one and has some experience with it. Buy it directly from Ross-tech if you have to. Including duties and freight it would not exceed 17~18K. Pete's is a rip-off.
Old 10th August 2011, 23:07   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks luky_13!
Will try these options and let you know my progress with the Vagcom! I will post more updates on my Yeti thread : Battle of the unequals :yeti vs civic.
thanks!
Old 10th January 2012, 20:54   #81
BHPian

Those are some neat tricks with the VAG-COM. I Recently brought home the Ambiente DSG. Also in White When I went for the PDI, at the service center the guy was doing the coding for the variuos instruments. Having read your posts before hand, I asked him if he could, while he was at it, Activate some of these features. But he didn't, saying these features are standard only on the L&K.I assumed he probably doesn't know that one can do it. Is it possible to get this done at either tafe's or vinayak's service? You know, getting one of the technicians there to do it off the record? And also When you send your car for its service, will these codings get reset to factory defaults?
Old 11th January 2012, 16:57   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goutham_r View Post
Is it possible to get this done at either tafe's or vinayak's service? You know, getting one of the technicians there to do it off the record? And also When you send your car for its service, will these codings get reset to factory defaults?
PM for more details, if you are around Bannerghatta road I could do it.

These settings do not reset to factory defaults during service, I know TAFE does it to oblige customers and its an open secret. I have even claimed warranty on some parts after all these mods, no problem at all.
Old 26th February 2015, 16:08   #83

Hi Luky_13,
Got a set of London colour HIDs (H7) for my Laura Elegance 2011. VCDS coding is needed in order to get the lights working as well as eliminate the bulb out warning and avoid problems in future. Wonder if your kind offer of help is still open and if so how I would get in touch with you to co-ordinate. Would be grateful for your guidance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks