Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:24   #16
BHPian

re: My Black Knight - Vento TDI Black. The saga after 1500 kms

Just a couple of days ago saw a black Vento and was wondering how good this car looks in black. Fact the shadow blue not being available looks like a blessing in diguise, your car looks stunning in black, congrats!
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

The vento in black looks like a mean machine, and with a diesel mill it should chomp up miles without fail. Excellent choice in the 10 lakh range. Congrats!
Don't think you are too much into mods as you mentioned you are ok with the cd-only HU. I know almost every other Polo / Vento owner in tbhp is looking for a suitable HU with usb / aux.
Take good care of that black color - its a full time job maintaining a black car !

Last edited by blackasta : 3rd June 2011 at 21:34.
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

It is always a pleasure to hear the squeals of joy from "first time turbo diesel owners" I myself was one, once upon a time.

The drive is addictive to say the least, and every visit for a re-fuel leaves a smile on your face, especially if you have been used to petrols.

Congratulations on the great new aquisition, I myself was a candidate but the seat height & head touching cieling were a let down for me.

A brilliant car nonetheless

Cheers
Old 4th June 2011, 00:31   #19
BHPian

Congratulations !!!

You have made the right choice as did I last year :-)
I have already driven my VW Vento(Nov 2010 TDI White) in and around Pune for about 8800 kms now and its been marvellous both in city as well as highways. Have already driven Pune-Baroda return twice and pune-mumbai few times. The more you drive more the love you will fall into.

Will try posting a detailed ownership report on fuel efficiency etc in coming weeks.

Happy Driving,
Nikesh

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2011 at 10:47. Reason: STRICTLY no posts on street racing
Old 4th June 2011, 11:30   #20
BHPian

Many congrats for your Black Knight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
Best thing i liked was that once its engine is warmed up after 200 kms then be it any bigger segment car it gives a stiff challenge.
Couldn't understand that statement in terms of warming -up the engine!
Old 4th June 2011, 14:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post

Couldn't understand that statement in terms of warming -up the engine!
I noticed this multiple times that after driving more than 150 kms continuous the engine becomes much better responsive and the acceleration is also better matched with gear shifts. I am not an autombile expert so not sure what is the reason for this behaviour but what I can surely say that I have tried this more than 4 times now when I continuously drove Vento for more than 250 kms at a stretch with no breaks.

What we get in this 10 lakh vento is good VFM as the cars which won were almost thrice the cost.

Another intersting point to make here would be that 140-150 kmph was very easy to maintain and braking was adequate in most terrains. Corner handling was brilliant and the FE came to 17 in most cases when you drive almost 600 kms and average speed 120 for 400 kms and 150 for 200 kms. Road gripping is brilliant with 5 people(A/C on) and speed 120 plus.

Regards,
Nikesh

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2011 at 10:45. Reason: STRICTLY no posts on street racing please
Old 5th June 2011, 10:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by visweshkalambur View Post
Ambivalent - Hearty congratulations on your Vento. Black is a facntastic colour albiet if you can maintain it. The torque spooling from the diesel engines are wonderful and often times a killer to overtake if utilized properly.
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Heartiest Congratulations Ambivalent!

Super choice you made there. Except the T-Jet, only Vento gave me the turbo-kick in all cars around/under 10 L. Black colour is the most premium offering from VW in India. They call it some platinum finish or something(IIRC).

5th Feb to 5th May is not bad at all, considering how people have waited and waited for months to get their Vento TDi.

Please do join us with your Black Knight for the future Pune Team BHP meets. It would be a pleasure to see you and the Black Knight in flesh.

Congrats again!
Thanks.
Sure I will try to make it for the next meet. Would love to have the Black Night with cars of BHPians from Pune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Ambivalent,

Full too congratulations on the Black night. The car lookss gorgeous. But please do justice to the car and the forum guys by posting some more pics of the interior and the alloys.

Vento is a fantastic car esp the Diesel one.

One request - Please dont do those drag races esp on the E-way. I know the adrenalin rush, just keep it within limits.

Happy mile crunching, drive safely.
Thank you. Few pictures coming up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suess View Post
Many Congratulations, excellent choice and i believe you will enjoy it for long time.

Just to clearify the things, with ABS your car should stop quicker on a good, dry road then your car without ABS. it will take little more time on wet, grovel, loose surface but you will maintain the maneuverablity. and in fact that's the purpose of ABS.

And I would strongly suggest you to try using Emergency Braking Maneuver. It will give you the feeling of ABS and also how long your will take to come to complete stand halt from a speed of let's say 40/60 Kmph.

People tend not to break hard enough becasue they think ABS will stop the car with slight pressure. that's not the case. in some vehicle ABS only triggered in an Emergency Braking Situation(i.e. when sensors sense a rapid deacceleration on one or more wheel then other wheels). So, be careful, brake as your brain suggest you, don't relay on ABS.
Thanks I read up all about the ABS theory.Just glad to have it on my car. Makes me feel more safer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Congratulations on your brand new VW Vento. Nice pictures and I really like the car in black color.

Keep the thread updated with servicing experience.

Wishing you many years of happy and safe driving.
Thanks for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Many congratulations, she looks beautiful in black. I feel the waiting period was reasonable for you as it seems to be much more down south. As others have requested do post more pictures inside out.
Thanks. Pictures on the way shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats on my favourite C segment diesel sedan. There isn't an all-rounder like the Vento diesel for 10 lakhs.

And welcome to the world of diesel mid-range! Forget the Corolla, even a 2.4L Honda Accord cannot match the roll-on / midrange acceleration of a zero-turbo lag diesel like the Vento.

Drive safe will ya!
GTO, your reaction on my thread is my proudest moment. And it feels so good that you took time out to write in. I bought the Vento based on your fabulous test-drive. Thank you for that. And I will definitely take your advice and Drive Safe .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Just a couple of days ago saw a black Vento and was wondering how good this car looks in black. Fact the shadow blue not being available looks like a blessing in diguise, your car looks stunning in black, congrats!
Thanks. At first I did think that the blue would look better but the black left me in awe. So rightly said a blessing in disguise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
The vento in black looks like a mean machine, and with a diesel mill it should chomp up miles without fail. Excellent choice in the 10 lakh range. Congrats!
Don't think you are too much into mods as you mentioned you are ok with the cd-only HU. I know almost every other Polo / Vento owner in tbhp is looking for a suitable HU with usb / aux.
Take good care of that black color - its a full time job maintaining a black car !
THanks blackasta. Well I am quite old school and not really into mods. IMHO the engine and mechanicals matter the most rather than the electronic gizmos. But then again I maybe wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
It is always a pleasure to hear the squeals of joy from "first time turbo diesel owners" I myself was one, once upon a time.

The drive is addictive to say the least, and every visit for a re-fuel leaves a smile on your face, especially if you have been used to petrols.

Congratulations on the great new aquisition, I myself was a candidate but the seat height & head touching cieling were a let down for me.

A brilliant car nonetheless

Cheers
Thanks. I do tend to feel happier driving.

Quote:
Congratulations !!!

You have made the right choice as did I last year :-)
I have already driven my VW Vento(Nov 2010 TDI White) in and around Pune for about 8800 kms now and its been marvellous both in city as well as highways. Have already driven Pune-Baroda return twice and pune-mumbai few times. The more you drive more the love you will fall into.

Will try posting a detailed ownership report on fuel efficiency etc in coming weeks.

Happy Driving,
Nikesh
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Thanks.

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2011 at 10:47. Reason: Quoted post has been edited
Old 5th June 2011, 10:57   #23
BHPian

A few pictures of the interiors of the Black Knight.
Attached Thumbnails
My Black Knight - Vento TDI Black. The saga after 1500 kms-05062011186.jpg  

My Black Knight - Vento TDI Black. The saga after 1500 kms-05062011187.jpg  

My Black Knight - Vento TDI Black. The saga after 1500 kms-05062011189.jpg  

My Black Knight - Vento TDI Black. The saga after 1500 kms-05062011192.jpg  

My Black Knight - Vento TDI Black. The saga after 1500 kms-05062011193.jpg  

Old 5th June 2011, 10:59   #24
BHPian

Forgot to add the seats pic. Have put simple fabric seat covers.
Attached Thumbnails
My Black Knight - Vento TDI Black. The saga after 1500 kms-05062011188.jpg  

Old 5th June 2011, 11:29   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats ambi, for finally getting your black knight! This is T-BHP's favourite C-segment sedan right now, so rest assured you made the right choice!

The seat covers look good and the glowing effect of the seat beads gives it a surreal look! The original fabric covers are lovely but too light and delicate for any sort of rough use.

Please keep this thread updated- will stop in regularly!
Old 5th June 2011, 16:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the interior pictures. Seat covers look really good. Are they branded? Only the covers on the headrests need a little tightening up.
Old 6th June 2011, 10:37   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Congrats ambi, for finally getting your black knight! This is T-BHP's favourite C-segment sedan right now, so rest assured you made the right choice!

The seat covers look good and the glowing effect of the seat beads gives it a surreal look! The original fabric covers are lovely but too light and delicate for any sort of rough use.

Please keep this thread updated- will stop in regularly!
Hey thanks buddy. Well I really loved the original seat covers but my two kids have the capacity to change their colors within few hours, so I decided to have something a bit darker but would still go with the theme of the car. I will keep this updated with my experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Thanks for the interior pictures. Seat covers look really good. Are they branded? Only the covers on the headrests need a little tightening up.
Thanks. They are not branded. But they are a good fit.The head-rests covers have become a bit loose courtesy by kids
Old 6th June 2011, 10:48   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Black Knight - Vento TDI Black. The saga after 1500 kms

Note from Mod : STRICTLY no posts on street racing will be permitted on Team-BHP. Any such posts will attract strong Mod action.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 11:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I noticed this multiple times that after driving more than 150 kms continuous the engine becomes much better responsive and the acceleration is also better matched with gear shifts. I am not an autombile expert so not sure what is the reason for this behaviour but what I can surely say that I have tried this more than 4 times now when I continuously drove Vento for more than 250 kms at a stretch with no breaks.
If a vehicle is driven within city, slow speed, stop-and-go, the engine does not get time to fully heat up. This causes a lot of "gunk" to be deposited in the head and the exhaust system, which in turn slows down the response. A brisk drive at 100+ for at least 40 km brings the engine temparature to optimum, and clears up all the deposits. That is why you will feel the engine response improving after some time on a long highway drive. I have noticed that even the exhaust note gets crispier after a long drive.

Some of the pollutants that accumulate are acids which are cleaned up by the engine oil, so the engine oil thins out. There fore if you are driving predominantly in city traffic, the interval between engine oil change should be reduced. Say instead of recommended 10k km to 7k or even 5k if journeys are short
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 08:54   #30
BHPian

Sharing my service experinece. The Black Knight went in for first service after doing 15000 kms. Well I went to Vidyut Motors aka VW Pune. I preferred going there since I had purchased the car from them and it is very close to my house. I didn't very much like the idea of sending the car away to Hinjewadi with BU Bhandari. Anyway, here are the few things I have experienced.
Positives -
1) 2 reminder calls , 1 reminder SMS a couple of days prior to the servicing date.
2) Service Centre opened and engineer present when I drove in at about 9-30 as per schedule. (I am mentioning this because in some company service stations it has taken me a good 15-20 minutes wait before the service engineer joins in).
3) The engineer was knowledgable , a good listener. He asked logical questions and did not beat about the bush about some trivial things. He also did not try to push / advertise some schemes the company is running. He was crisp clear and concise which is appreciated.
4) The car was left overnight and I received it looking really clean. On of the car mats was not cleaned well and the cleaner was at hand to tell me that the granules which were seen were not coming out easily. To prove it he also showed me that with vacuuming the thing did not come out.
5) The billing was explained and the quotation given was accurate.
6) They did not charge extra for a tyre replacement I had requested since the original JK tyre had a gash at the wall and was non-fixable state. I have had this trouble with one more tyre. More about this later.

Negatives -
1) I was asked for the Registrattion or Tax Invoice and I could not make out the connection for this w.r.t servicing. The explanation was that police often trouble mechanics out on trial runs post servicing. In my 15 years of driving I have never been asked this inspite of having my "MH" registered vehicles serviced in places as far away as Coimbatore.
2) When I said I did not bring the tax invoice he was a bit reluctant to start the job card but then when I told him to get the record from the showroom in the adjacent building he told me they are not linked with them. This was indeed a shock but I told him to get it done manually since it was next door. He obliged but then this lack of info sharing is really shocking.
3) At the end while billing the credit card machine was not working. Guess what they did not have another one on the premises. So my bill of approx 14000 had to be paid in cash.

Overall it was a good experience and those folk who have purchased from Vidyut Motors aka VW Pune can go in an get their VWs serviced with ease. I am pleased about the service centre's location since it is in the heart of the city with very good accessibility unless you are living in the suburbs. Still after dropping of the car you can always take the good ol' PMT to get home

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks