Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 08:56   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Great photographs RV ; best wishes !!!

Cars are meant to be used and car bumpers are meant to take the bang. Good that the damage wasn't worse than a few scratches.

I have observed traffic sense in Chennai madden over the last 3 years;wonder what's going wrong.People break signals at will,something I have never seen till 2008/09.
Tell me about it vigsom. Even I have observed the traffic sense in Chennai have worsened over the past few years. Though I agree that cars are meant to be used and bumpers are meant to take the bang, I can't quite accept the fact that people can come and hit us as they like.

By the way, thanks for the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Congrats on the purchase dude. Your beauty looks great in shape.

Coming to the point of engine response less than 2k rpm, my personal experience is I never faced this issue in our car. Have a look at the condition of Air filter is required change it.
Thanks for those nice words and wishes Mr.Boss. I have driven quite a lot of Civics before finalizing this one and the common point I observed in all of them was this poor throttle response in low rpm. As you said, I also had the Air Filter checked in the previous service and it seemed to be in good shape. Its a perennial Civic problem and I have now learnt to live with it. That's a small grouse in an otherwise overall good package that the Civic is.
Old 21st August 2011, 12:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Also when you get some time, do post more details on the route that you took to coorg along with the distance stats, details of the homestay and your recommendations. I'm looking to do a trip to coorg pretty soon and I look forward to your suggestions with great interest.
Here are the total statistics of the trip.

Total No of Days: 4 (12.08.2011 ~ 15.08.2011)
Odo Start Reading: 32051 km
Odo End Reading: 33392 km
Total Distance travled: 1341 km
Total Fuel Consumed: 101.09 l
Total worth of Fuel filled: Rs 8020
Average Fuel Consumption: 13.27 km/l

Destinations Covered: Coorg District (Madikeri, Kushalnagar)
Highway Designations: NH4, NH46, NH7, SH17 (Karnataka), SH88 (Karnataka)
Route Followed: Chennai-Vellore-Hosur-Bangalore (Electronics City - NICE Road Exit)-Mandya-Mysore (Outer Ring Road Exit - Near Columbia Asia Hospital)-Hunsur-Periyapatna-Siddapura (Our Home Stay was at Siddapura)

Details of Home Stay: Desert Rose
The Home Stay was good and located amidst coffee plantations, but I would not call this best anyday. The bedrooms and bathroom were quite good too and moderately well-kept. It was just like going and staying in a friend's house. The food was tasty and prepared as per our liking. We were charged INR 750 per person per day inclusive of breakfast and coffee. Lunch and Dinner are payable extras.

I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

The beautiful roads that took us to Coorg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_1955.jpg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_1971.jpg

The lush green magic-carpet which is so common in Coorg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2004.jpg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2224.jpg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2228.jpg

Prominent tourist spots in Madikeri & Kushalnagar (Fort, Raja's Seat & Dubare)
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2008.jpg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2075.jpg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2236.jpg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2244.jpg

Namdroling Monastery The Golden Temple (Kushalnagar)
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2256.jpg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2272.jpg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2295.jpg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2302.jpg

And finally, some shots of the Civic
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_1963.jpg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_1969.jpg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_1974.jpg
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2437.jpg

The slight drizzle and the muck on Coorg roads made sure that the car became very dirty. This color actually masks the dirt in the pictures and it was much worse to see it in flesh.
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_1995.jpg

After an hour of washing and wiping, here is how it looked again.
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2197.jpg

And see this. I deliberately took this snap to show how soft the rear suspension of the Civic is. The rear tires are almost completely inside the wheel wells. And this is without me sitting in the drivers seat. Inspite of this, its heartening that the Civic never really scraped anything in the entire trip (barring the two incidents before I left Chennai borders).
The Joy of Living a Dream - Honda Civic S MT (Pre-Owned)-img_2439.jpg

Awaiting your comments and feedback.
arvi86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 20:20   #63
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much for the statistics and the beautiful pictures Arvi. You took the same route on your return journey also?

On a lighter note, would you be kind enough to do a photoshoot of my vento too?
Old 21st August 2011, 21:14   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thank you very much for the statistics and the beautiful pictures Arvi. You took the same route on your return journey also?

On a lighter note, would you be kind enough to do a photoshoot of my vento too?
As I stated before, on the return trip, we drove from Siddapura to Kushalnagar and then came down to Periyapatna in the beautiful Madikeri-Mysore Road. Though the direct road to Periyapatna from Siddapur is the shortest, that road was horribly bad in parts. So, we decided not to risk by going there again and chose the slightly long but much better Kushalnagar route. Rest all were exactly the same roads.

Glad that you liked the photos mate. Reg the photoshoot of your Vento, why not bala80? Give me some time to clear the huge backlog of work, then we will surely meet up one day and do that.
Old 21st August 2011, 22:21   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
As usual, the trip started with me scraping the bottom on the same speed-breaker...
Hi Arvi, maybe you could look at the thread below for a solution to the bottom scraping issue with speedbreakers, if you already haven't done so.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html

Great looking car you have there, and I wish you many more happy miles & smiles with it !
Old 22nd August 2011, 06:23   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Hi Arvi, maybe you could look at the thread below for a solution to the bottom scraping issue with speedbreakers.

Great looking car you have there, and I wish you many more happy miles & smiles with it !
Thanks a ton mooza for taking time to send that link. I already have that link saved in my browser, but still have not took the plunge. Rather, I have learnt to drive very very carefully when the car is carrying a full load. And that works out most of the time. All it asks for is a little care in bumps and speed-breakers and it comes out unscathed.

By the way, thanks again for your wishes. When someone praises the car, I feel as if I am the one being praised .
Old 1st September 2011, 20:44   #67
Senior - BHPian

Well, how and where do I begin? Though this post comes in my ownership thread (In fact, I wanted this post to be in this thread), I am not talking about the Civic here. But about the whole experience of getting addicted to Team-BHP, trying unsuccessfully twice to join the forum, getting third time lucky with the approval from moderators, getting over the initial apprehensions of posting my views in a public forum and a whole lot of learning and knowledge that I have gained and continue to gain every time I visit the site. This has sort of become a virtual family with a whole bunch of people helping us with whatever we need not only about automobiles but other things as well. All I can say is a big 'Thank You' to the site, the mods and all other kind-hearted souls who have helped me in realizing this dream called 'Civic'. Take a bow guys - GTO, dot, mdsaab, charthom, Ace F355, smartcat, laluks, shuvc, bluevolt, iTNerd, and literally everyone else whom I have missed here unintentionally.

If you are wondering about the reason for all these flashback memories, here it is. With this one, I am reaching a virtual milestone of #500 posts in Team-BHP. Time to cheer up and celebrate isn't it?

And I did celebrate in a true blue enthusiast's way - by going on a long drive from Chennai to Trichy in my Civic. Needless to say it was a pleasure, both the road and the machine. Every time I take the wheel of my Civic in the NH45 (Chennai-Trichy Highway), I just can't stop showering praises on both.

That apart, I need your views on a strange observation that I had today in the car. Do not think I am silly here, I am really serious. Is the volume of Civic's stock audio system speed-dependent? That is, with the volume being constant, the sound of music coming out increases with increase in speed and reduces when I slow down or I stop. I observed this on as many as 4 toll-booths today. Is that a feature, is that normal or am I stupid here for observing something that isn't there at all?

I happened to see yet another amusing thing right before my eyes today. Just before entering Trichy, there was a place where a whole bunch of vehicles including a bus, a truck and a Bolero were waiting to take a U-Turn or cross the road. There were also people waiting to cross the road and a couple of dogs too. I was in the right lane doing a moderately high speed, I see all these waiting to cross, I honk and to my utter surprise, except for those two dogs which incidentally turned towards our car on hearing the horn, everybody else started crossing and made me brake hard. You know what, they crossed after all of us had passed the scene. "Have we humans really become so mad that we have transferred the coveted sixth-sense to these dogs?" It really made me wonder.
Old 1st September 2011, 21:12   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the volume of Civic's stock audio system speed-dependent? That is, with the volume being constant, the sound of music coming out increases with increase in speed and reduces when I slow down or I stop.
Hi,
Congrats on your 500 posts. You are half way to the senior bhpian tag.The civic audio does have a speed related volume function, SVC i think(not sure what it is termed as ).You can adjust the same accordingly as per your needs.You can look it up in the manual.Also below link talks about the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post2121172

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 1st September 2011 at 21:25.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 21:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:

That apart, I need your views on a strange observation that I had today in the car. Do not think I am silly here, I am really serious. Is the volume of Civic's stock audio system speed-dependent? That is, with the volume being constant, the sound of music coming out increases with increase in speed and reduces when I slow down or I stop. I observed this on as many as 4 toll-booths today. Is that a feature, is that normal or am I stupid here for observing something that isn't there at all?
RV, congrats on your Civic and you seem to be thoroughly enjoying it.
The HU has an option to adjust the volume based on speed of the vehicle.
In case you do not want this feature you can disable it from the HU menu.
The detailed instructions are given in the Owner's manual.

HC
Habanero City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 07:13   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi,
Congrats on your 500 posts. You are half way to the senior bhpian tag.The civic audio does have a speed related volume function, SVC i think(not sure what it is termed as ).You can adjust the same accordingly as per your needs.You can look it up in the manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
The HU has an option to adjust the volume based on speed of the vehicle.
In case you do not want this feature you can disable it from the HU menu.
The detailed instructions are given in the Owner's manual.
HC
Thanks a lot sumeethaldankar and Habanero City. My bad, I haven't yet touched the Civic Owner's Manual, need to do that on an urgent basis to stop coming up with these trivial queries.

@ sumeet - Well yeah, half-way up to get the coveted tag and thanks for the wishes mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
RV, congrats on your Civic and you seem to be thoroughly enjoying it.
Thanks a ton again. You bet, the arrival of Civic has made life that much more sweeter than what it was before. We guys are nuts, isn't it? By the way, I liked the way you mentioned arvi as RV.

Last edited by arvi86 : 2nd September 2011 at 07:18.
Old 2nd September 2011, 07:57   #71
dot
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation on the half senior-ship. Just another 498 more to go! Matter of a few months, surely. Dont let the enthusiasm go to the "dogs".

Keep the Civic pictures and posts coming, they are beautiful. It is great to have a pan-India Civic owners network through the forum. And, next time you are on a business trip where a little "pleasure" is acceptable, do let us know.
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:06   #72
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase (I know its late, but as already said many times, better late than never) and also on your 500th post.
Its on my shortlist from the time its launched and thats a steal you've got for 7 odd Lakhs. The car looks clean & lovely.

Hope you managed to fix that hump in the bumper (atleast not visible in your last few pics). If so, pls share the details here.

OT: I'm curious about river rafting pic that you posted from your coorg trip. I am planning for a trip to coorg next weekend with my friends.
Could you pls PM me the details like contact no., place etc for river rafting (& any water sports that the place offers)? Thanks in advance
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:36   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All I can say is a big 'Thank You' to the site, the mods and all other kind-hearted souls who have helped me in realizing this dream called 'Civic'. Take a bow guys - GTO, dot, mdsaab, charthom, Ace F355, smartcat, laluks, shuvc, bluevolt, iTNerd, and literally everyone else whom I have missed here unintentionally.

If you are wondering about the reason for all these flashback memories, here it is. With this one, I am reaching a virtual milestone of #500 posts in Team-BHP. Time to cheer up and celebrate isn't it?
Congrats Arvi, I am on my way to same milestone you have achieved. Glad to be a catalyst in your dream car buying.

And what pics, man! I am sick and tired of clicking pics of my shark on same roads and same angles again and again. Need to explore some more angles in the coming photoshoot. I am planning for a looong drive from Delhi to Goa in the coming year end. Still on paper, but would like to realize this idea (advantages of being bachelor, eh!)!

I love your car and wish you keep revving her hard. She likes it as my Shark does....
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:54   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Congratulation on the half senior-ship. Just another 498 more to go! Matter of a few months, surely. Dont let the enthusiasm go to the "dogs".
Thanks dot. I am sure this enthusiasm will not die. Moreover, with folks like you, mdsaab, charthom, bluevolt, Ace F355 and Poitive around who keeps updating their threads regularly in such a beautiful way, will you guys ever let that happen? If at all, it is only bound to increase further.
Quote:
Keep the Civic pictures and posts coming, they are beautiful. It is great to have a pan-India Civic owners network through the forum. And, next time you are on a business trip where a little "pleasure" is acceptable, do let us know.
Yup, its really heartening to have such a wonderful group through Team-BHP. Reg my Pune trip, I know its unfair that I have not met you even after being there thrice in the last 3 months. And I have decided that I am not boarding the flight next time withot meeting you and a few of my college buddies who are already working there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
Congrats on your purchase (I know its late, but as already said many times, better late than never) and also on your 500th post.
Its on my shortlist from the time its launched and thats a steal you've got for 7 odd Lakhs. The car looks clean & lovely.
Thanks for your compliments on the car nfsfreak. Wishing you all the very best in your search for the Civic too (once you decide to start it). But, if its on your shortlist for so long, I am sure it will happen sooner or later.
Quote:
Hope you managed to fix that hump in the bumper (atleast not visible in your last few pics). If so, pls share the details here.
Sadly, I haven't had the luck to fix those humps. The dealership quoted a huge amount and I felt its not worth doing it. Its hardly visible on normal angles and can be seen only from the ground level or if you bend down and peep into the rear bumper. Apart from me, nobody else is going to view my car from that angle.
Quote:
OT: I'm curious about river rafting pic that you posted from your coorg trip. I am planning for a trip to coorg next weekend with my friends.
Could you pls PM me the details like contact no., place etc for river rafting (& any water sports that the place offers)? Thanks in advance
I will PM you the details shortly. Since we went on a long weekend, there was huge queue for both boating and rafting (waiting time stretching upto 4 to 5 hrs). So, I just clicked some snaps and came back. On a normal weekend, it should be well worth the wait I guess.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:33   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Keep the Civic pictures and posts coming, they are beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
And what pics, man! I am sick and tired of clicking pics of my shark on same roads and same angles again and again. Need to explore some more angles in the coming photoshoot.
Am really glad that you both liked the pics of the car. Thanks guys. @ Ace F355 - The Shark badly needs a photoshoot, one very soon at that. With those delicious looking wheels and tires, its unfair to not let her show off.
Quote:
I am planning for a looong drive from Delhi to Goa in the coming year end. Still on paper, but would like to realize this idea (advantages of being bachelor, eh!)!
Bring it on man. That would be an awesome trip if all goes well. I bet not everyone gets to enjoy their machines as much as we bachelors do, isn't it? Now, did I prick the heart of some souls here?
Quote:
I love your car and wish you keep revving her hard.
Again, glad to hear those nice cosseting words. You know I love your Shark and its nice to see that you love my Civic too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks