Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 00:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Stříbrná Česká Princezna - May '11 Skoda Laura TSI Ambiente

hey decced, congrats on the car. Looks really beautiful. Wish you a million happy miles with your beast.It is raining TSi here. Way to go. Please do update the thread for us regularly

Last edited by 999 : 1st July 2011 at 00:04. Reason: typo
Old 1st July 2011, 11:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Mate - Congrats on the car, did you get any low cost financing deals from Skoda ?

Best - ML
No, financing was through HDFC Bank. But as you probably know there is a 'Skoda Celebrations' promotion on. My guess is there should be some discounts on financing too..
Old 1st July 2011, 16:20   #33
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car. It looks beautiful. I would love to upgrade my Corolla to a TSI someday. How much did the mats cost you?
Old 1st July 2011, 20:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Congrats D!! The car looks lovely and im sure it drives even better!
If you dont mind could you share the cost of the accessories (especially the chrome tip exhausts and the spoiler)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhupinder View Post
Congratulations on the new car. It looks beautiful. I would love to upgrade my Corolla to a TSI someday. How much did the mats cost you?
The quoted prices were:
Exhaust: Rs. 4.7k
Spoiler: Rs. 14k

But they were part of the accessories package I took, so got some discount on the entire package..

The Kagu 3D mats were Rs. 5.2k.. steep price for mats.. but worth it because they are really practical & maintain the interior decor well.
Old 1st July 2011, 23:53   #35
BHPian

Hey Decced. Congratulations on your new car. Absolutely loved your opening post. Crisp, to the point writeup & stunning, crystal pictures. It is indeed great to see true petrolheads still buying enthusiast cars regardless of fuel prices. Enjoy your new car, will be following this thread closely for the interesting writing & hope to see more similarly stunning pictures.

On a side note, the accessories you have chosen give the car a perfectly balanced look. The rear is literally transformed. All you need now are a good pair of alloys to finish the entire look.
Old 2nd July 2011, 06:26   #36
BHPian

Looks lovely, decced, the rear spoiler is really nice. Great to see so many TSIs on the forum. Here's to many years of safe, trouble-free driving.
Old 3rd July 2011, 00:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decced View Post

Of all the pictures in this post, there is something about this one that makes me lust for the Skoda. Never been a huge fan of Skodas, but this simple picture, with the muted green indicators, well styled numbers and chrome rings on the pods, just does it for me!

decced, here's wishing you an awesome long and memorable run with the TSI. Drive safe!
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:19   #38
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations decced! The Laura looks awesome in the Silver shade. And the accessories you added are really tasteful. And I really loved the way you have placed the pictures within your review.

Are you planning to add-on leather seats as well?

Enjoy the highway!
Old 4th July 2011, 09:32   #39
BHPian

Hi decced, were you by any chance at Khandala Sunday evening caught up in traffic? I saw a Laura TSi with the TBHP stickers like the ones in your pictures. I was in my Altis few cars behind you and then few cars ahead.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslayer View Post
Of all the pictures in this post, there is something about this one that makes me lust for the Skoda. Never been a huge fan of Skodas, but this simple picture, with the muted green indicators, well styled numbers and chrome rings on the pods, just does it for me!

decced, here's wishing you an awesome long and memorable run with the TSI. Drive safe!
Thanks for the wishes. Glad you liked the pictures.. The thing is the other photos were from my DSLR while that one was from my phone.. During the run on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway just after the sprint to 200kph.. So yeah it's a special photo for me too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations decced! The Laura looks awesome in the Silver shade. And the accessories you added are really tasteful. And I really loved the way you have placed the pictures within your review.

Are you planning to add-on leather seats as well?

Yes, I plan to add leather, maybe after the rains.. Was not sure of their viability in the hot & humid Mumbai summers & on long drives in the Indian heat.. Would love some informed inputs on the subject..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Hi decced, were you by any chance at Khandala Sunday evening caught up in traffic? I saw a Laura TSi with the TBHP stickers like the ones in your pictures. I was in my Altis few cars behind you and then few cars ahead.
Yes, had been for a 'drive to lunch' with the folks out to a dhaba on the old Mumbai-Pune highway.. Maroon Altis by any chance?
Old 4th July 2011, 12:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, had been for a 'drive to lunch' with the folks out to a dhaba on the old Mumbai-Pune highway.. Maroon Altis by any chance?
Champagne Mica (golden shade) like the one in my display image.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:37   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Champagne Mica (golden shade) like the one in my display image.
I guess I did not notice.. This was on the way back to Mumbai right? Sorry I missed you.. Am always on the lookout for T-Bhpians.. In fact I've had a couple of mutual spottings with two LTD'ed T-Bhpians on the EEH in Mumbai.. Always makes my day
Old 4th July 2011, 12:40   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I guess I did not notice.. This was on the way back to Mumbai right? Sorry I missed you.. Am always on the lookout for T-Bhpians.. In fact I've had a couple of mutual spottings with two LTD'ed T-Bhpians on the EEH in Mumbai.. Always makes my day
Yup on the way back to Mumbai. Its time to get those TBHP stickers on my cars. I can imagine how it feels to spot a fellow BHPian.
Old 5th July 2011, 08:22   #44

Great Idea. I am game for a collective response to Skoda. My email id is cedricsg@mtnl.net.in Request all affected TSI owners to email me their names, location and contact number. I will call & get further details.

Cedric,
Great initiative. I have mailed you the details. Looking forward to hearing from you. I feel a collective effort may elicit a response from Skoda.
Old 5th July 2011, 12:04   #45
BHPian

I have got 5 TSI owners having this issue. I will be sending the email to Skoda this Saturday.
cedricsg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks