Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2011, 20:43   #31
BHPian

Re: My Volkswagen Vento 1.6L TDi : 350 kms review!

Let me first congratulate you on the beautiful car. I am getting hooked to the Vento off late. Any color on it looks awesome.

And certainly liked the way you put your review. And especially the bad points, looked like they are straight from the heart. Cheers for that. It certainly helps prospective buyers.

Please keep us posted and drive her safe. And yes, more pictures too please.
Old 27th July 2011, 21:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

@ gaurav911, blackasta, flyingkolors
Thank you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
And if you look at critical components of a vehicle- ride, handling, stability; the Vento wins hands down!
Congrats on your acquiring a very reliable vehicle. I am sure you are going to enjoy every drive. Good colour choice - i guess this colour is available only on the High line variant (along with Shadow Blue).
Very true. Vento has got all the Basics right. Not many cars have that. The other is T-Jet.
I am not exactly sure if the Beige is available in trendline variant. Infact trendline variant is so much stripped down, it does not make sense going for it anyway. May be you are right. Beige & Shadow blue are not available in Trendline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Keep us updated on any mods you plan.
No mods planned as of now. But there is a desire to install a Pete's box & give it a mid life makeover. That is somewhere 3-4 years down the line. But I am scared. VW do have a reputation with blown Turbos.

I do have plans for a 3 way speaker though. (Front only) The ICE is seriously low on treble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
And certainly liked the way you put your review. And especially the bad points, looked like they are straight from the heart. Cheers for that. It certainly helps prospective buyers.
Thanks for the appriciation.
I believe there is no point hiding the shortcomming of the car one owns. You are lying not only to others but mainly to youself. Appriciate for what it is good. Accept what it lags.
No car is perfect. Thats why there are so many in the market. You just need to choose what is right for you. For me it was Performance + Handling + Built quality that sealed the deal.

LATEST UPDATE
On the same track (strictly city) where it delivers 14.5 Kmpl as per MID, it gave 17 without AC.
Who says FE of diesel does not matter much with or without AC?

Last edited by oxyzen : 27th July 2011 at 21:44.
Old 15th August 2012, 19:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
LATEST UPDATE
On the same track (strictly city) where it delivers 14.5 Kmpl as per MID, it gave 17 without AC.
Who says FE of diesel does not matter much with or without AC?
You have been exceptionally lazy in updating about your Vento
how is it going at your end ? What does the odo read ?
Old 15th August 2012, 19:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for asking.

Yeah, I have not been much into Team-BHP since the past 6 months. Now I am back.

It has done close to 14K. The engine is a bit smoother after the 1st service (Which cost a bit under 10K). Power delivery is as great as before. There are no issues except some rattling issues from the rear door trims.

It has been a great buy and now it is time to enjoy the ride.
As far as I see there are just 2 minor grouse.
1. The ICE. (A long wait to change speakers till the warranty runs out)
2. The steering feedback. My dad faces no issues since he drives it regularly. But for a regular Fiat user, It takes a couple of days to get used to.

There is no plans for mods till we run out of the extended warranty.
A 205/55R15 and a nice speaker set in on my mind though.
Old 6th February 2013, 16:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for asking.

Yeah, I have not been much into Team-BHP since the past 6 months. Now I am back.
You came back and disappeared again?

Have you done any of the mods you'd planned?

I am especially interested in the speaker and tyre upgrade you had in mind as these are the two I'm looking at changing as well.
Old 6th February 2013, 22:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey645 View Post
You came back and disappeared again?

Have you done any of the mods you'd planned?

I am especially interested in the speaker and tyre upgrade you had in mind as these are the two I'm looking at changing as well.
The Vento is not my regular drive. It is the one my dad drives. I regular diet is Palio. When I come home, I do drive it. Last time we did a 1000+ km drive. In the highway we got 18-19 kmpl. Speeds hovering around 110-140 mostly. Not bad I would say.

I came & disappeared... Well sorry about that... too much work pressure & other activities!

I have got a 3 way pioneer speaker from abroad. Will be installing it pretty soon (for the rear doors). Front tyres were pretty messed up. 50% tread gone. Rear tyres maybe 25%. Did a wheel rotation. At 20K mileage, it is a poor show. Will go for Bridgestone 195 probably. But that is probably a year or more to go.
oxyzen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 13:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Front tyres were pretty messed up. 50% tread gone. Rear tyres maybe 25%. Did a wheel rotation. At 20K mileage, it is a poor show. Will go for Bridgestone 195 probably. But that is probably a year or more to go.
20k and that much wear? You're on Apollos right? I got the impression that the Apollos, being harder compounds, would give a lot more life that that!
Old 7th February 2013, 19:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
20k and that much wear? You're on Apollos right?
Yep

Quote:
I got the impression that the Apollos, being harder compounds, would give a lot more life that that!
So was I. But other than that no complaints. Grip is good, just 1 puncture and not that noisy either which is a general complaint with Apollos.
oxyzen is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks