Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2011, 14:45   #301
BHPian

Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Anyone aware of the make of the OEM Head Unit & Speakers that come with the ANHC . I had searched the ICE threads, seems the HU is Mitsubishi ??, but couldn't find anything on the speakers.
Old 13th August 2011, 15:49   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
There is no doubt that Civic is many times better than City. Be it in terms of handling, looks, power and the feel. It's all different game in Civic.

But now you are in quite a dilemma. Well now it will be interesting to see your decision. But I guess it doesn't matter much if you chose any car as one car will be with parents and parents car is our car Right?

Do let us know your call quickly.

PS - I think you will go for Chicca!

EDIT : And yes, I hate drivers
LOL! Yes parents car is our car too. And considering they live only 2 mins away and their usage is quite low. Would mean i could borrow the car almost any time i want.
Heart beats for Chicca.
Mind clicks with the Golden Beauty.
And after yesterday it is absolutely confirmed too. I HATE Drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04
Anyone aware of the make of the OEM Head Unit & Speakers that come with the ANHC . I had searched the ICE threads, seems the HU is Mitsubishi ??, but couldn't find anything on the speakers.
Really is the HU of Mitsubishi? That would be something.
No i don't want to hear that the speakers are from Toyota. LOL!
will check up with my source if i can get any info on the respective makes.
Old 13th August 2011, 18:26   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
AFAIK the ANHC Head Unit is Nippon and I guess the speakers are also Nippon make.
In earlier City's the HU used to be Alpine make.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 13th August 2011 at 18:28.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 21:00   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele

AFAIK the ANHC Head Unit is Nippon and I guess the speakers are also Nippon make.
In earlier City's the HU used to be Alpine make.
Remi cuz. I think you are right.
Now that you mention it Nippon does sound familiar.
And yes the prev generation NHC had an alpine unit.
So i guess i will not need to call up my sources after all. Oh wait Remi is one of my sources. LOL!
thanks again Remi.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2011, 11:05   #305
Senior - BHPian

~14th August 2011~
Continuing with the Nitty Gritty's ~ Let's get a little specific on the Exclusive variant too shall we.

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0030.jpg
The Glovebox is decently sized. You can stuff quite a few things in there, as you can see from the Pic.

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0031.jpg
The City moniker is glowing in the sun, much like the sales this month.
But where it looks really special is in the evening or in your covered car park, pic below.

Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0032.jpg
The AT box is a true gem. It shifts seamlessly. and operating the Shift lever is very light and super smooth too. In Urban conditions and on the Highway you don't feel a single jerk when the box shifts up or down.
Also note that the silver finish extends down to the Shift Lever, and adds a touch of class in the design.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0033.jpg
The Steering adjusts for rake but not for reach, by pulling out this lock located under the steering wheel. Very handy, but adjustments for both rake and reach would have been welcome.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0034.jpg
Steering wheel controls for Channel, Volume and Mode work very well.
They have a very nice soft feel to them, and operate very smoothly.
Their position is spot on and you do not end up pressing any button by mistake while turning etc.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0035.jpg
The Leather wrapped steering wheel of the Exclusive variant, feels very nice to grip. It is super smooth and the Leather is of very good quality. It does make you feel special when you have a nice Steering wheel to grip.
Also not visible in the Picture is are the wonderfully brilliant to operate Paddle Shifters.
You have the shift up option located behind the right of the steering.
and the shift down option located behind the left side of the steering.
Both Shifter are nice to operate and have a tactile feel to them.
One great advantage is that you can use them even while on D mode, where is works to shift into a gear when possible and then switches off again.
While in S~Manual mode it is at work full time.
While in D you can also use it to check what gear you are in, due to the super smooth nature of the shifts you may not be able to tell which gear the car is in, until you tug on one of the Paddle shifters and the indicator on next to the speedo lights up to tell you what gear you are in.
In S mode ofcourse the gear indication remains lit throughout the drive.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0036.jpg
When the headlights are off the display is a rather bright garish orange.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0037.jpg
But switch on even just the parking lights and the display dims to a nice warm orange glow. Sorry the Picture is not of great quality. So don't be too shocked when you see an ANHC with the parking lights on during the day, It may be because he does not like the garish orange display without the parking lights on
Also to note ~ there is no temperature display gauge.
Instead you get two lights.
The blue one lights up when the engine is cold. as you can see in the pic.
and a red one lights up when the engine is overheated.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0038.jpg
Here the car is parked in the shade of my covered parking. You can see the glow of the City moniker better now. It is even more special in the evening or at an underground parking lot.
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City-img_0039.jpg
I have gotten very used to the Jhatak chrome of the Exclusive Variant.
and quite like it now. It stands out, and is easy to identify the car in a parking due to them. It is also of high quality and looks as good as new even today.
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2011, 15:06   #306
Senior - BHPian

Folks was just changing from IPOD to USB.
And this is what i noticed on the screen of the IPOD before disconnecting.
Pretty cool right. Honda logo and all.
And to think, my IPOD is from the dinosaur age.
Attached Images

Old 15th August 2011, 00:04   #307
BHPian

mdsaab

Thanks for the pictures and the write up. The city moniker does feel very premium and stands out. I am considering getting it done when finance permits. Home ministry will need some reason for approval . I also agree with your thought on the steering mounted controls. It's well contoured to operate easily and never gets in the way of steering the car. I only wish they had the blue tooth controls on the other side. The racing inspired steering wheel looks and feels excellent. After driving the Santro xing for a while, I was a bit skeptical on the turning capabilities of the city, but I must say steering the city is a breeze!

I am not a great fan of chrome, but I admit its not overdone in the city and just looking at that, you can tell its an exclusive.

My car is due to be done up with Ultimate Detailerz in Bangalore next saturday. I'll post the before and after pics.
Old 15th August 2011, 00:11   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
mdsaab

Thanks for the pictures and the write up. The city moniker does feel very premium and stands out. I am considering getting it done when finance permits. Home ministry will need some reason for approval . I also agree with your thought on the steering mounted controls. It's well contoured to operate easily and never gets in the way of steering the car. I only wish they had the blue tooth controls on the other side. The racing inspired steering wheel looks and feels excellent. After driving the Santro xing for a while, I was a bit skeptical on the turning capabilities of the city, but I must say steering the city is a breeze!

I am not a great fan of chrome, but I admit its not overdone in the city and just looking at that, you can tell its an exclusive.

My car is due to be done up with Ultimate Detailerz in Bangalore next saturday. I'll post the before and after pics.
Trust me Sudeep you will love having the illuminated moniker.
At first i too thought it was rather gimicky but then got really used to it.
infact i wish i had one in the Civic, no no don't tempt me now.

The Jhatak chrome has settled down and now looks nice, it's a great stand out feature on the exclusive

Looking forward to the pics of your car.
Please post some before and after ones on this thread.
Good luck with the mods.
Old 15th August 2011, 23:51   #309
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
There is no doubt that Civic is many times better than... Be it in terms of handling, looks, power and the feel. It's all different game in Civic.
BV, I am slightly twisting your post. I have lost track of various discussion on threads here so picked your comment to let out an exhale.

Civic is not just better than many cars, it is way better. Just back after a oh-so-long rejuvenating drive of Scorp after so long. And it feels good. I had a chance to ride on in a Beemer 5, Acura and Ford SUVs, Camry, Altima, Honda Odyssey, Nissan Versa and US Fiesta for the last three weeks. Our Civic is way up there. On NVH, only the Acura SUV is perhaps a shade better. After a quick while, the Beemer 5 lost its charm. Rest are as cattle as they can come.
Sorry, if this has hurt sentiments!

The new Civic looks like the ANHC quite a bit, but hold on its own. I am sure it will be quite a car when it comes to our showrooms. But the 8th gen Civic looks so good on roads, still.

Last edited by dot : 15th August 2011 at 23:53.
dot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 07:08   #310
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures @mdsaab; Civic is definitely one category above and a class vehicle. Somehow I could never drive that car in this region due to its ultra low ground clearance and the bad roads we encounter in the West UP region. This fact alone forces me to stick to Toyota's for a more rugged built. My Honda City didn't last 3 years on these roads and I upgraded to the Corolla. Don't mind this, but it's just my point of view. Do checkout my interior pictures too - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2468373
Old 16th August 2011, 14:14   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot

BV, I am slightly twisting your post. I have lost track of various discussion on threads here so picked your comment to let out an exhale.

Civic is not just better than many cars, it is way better. Just back after a oh-so-long rejuvenating drive of Scorp after so long. And it feels good. I had a chance to ride on in a Beemer 5, Acura and Ford SUVs, Camry, Altima, Honda Odyssey, Nissan Versa and US Fiesta for the last three weeks. Our Civic is way up there. On NVH, only the Acura SUV is perhaps a shade better. After a quick while, the Beemer 5 lost its charm. Rest are as cattle as they can come.

The new Civic looks like the ANHC quite a bit, but hold on its own. I am sure it will be quite a car when it comes to our showrooms. But the 8th gen Civic looks so good on roads, still.
Hey Dot welcome back Buddy.
Going to let you get over the jet lag for only a day or two. And its back to business. Our folks here want some ANHV Vs. Civic Comparo action. What's say?
Old 16th August 2011, 14:35   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Hey Dot welcome back Buddy.
Going to let you get over the jet lag for only a day or two. And its back to business. Our folks here want some ANHV Vs. Civic Comparo action. What's say?
You, my man have created an exceptional anticipation for the duel. Now people are about to riot if its not coming soon.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 14:54   #313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
After a quick while, the Beemer 5 lost its charm. Rest are as cattle as they can come.
Not trying to nit pick, but pretty much any car loses its charm on the big long straight boring US freeways. Unless you are going through some nice country roads with good corners you won't enjoy a car there.
Old 16th August 2011, 15:07   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I agree. I drove a Passat on the LA-Vegas interstate and it was boring as hell. Even a Ford Taurus felt more awesome when driving up to Yosemite!

Welcome back, dotty poster. 'bout time we met up again!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 17:13   #315
Senior - BHPian

Driver update. So i brought the average back upto 11.3kmpl and then handed the car to the driver.
Today when i checked it was back down to 9.9kmpl.
Better than his previous worst record.
Lets's hope he improves his mileage figures.

As promised.
Here are a few pics of the detailing stash i picked up the other day.
Sorry Guderian for the delay. Sire travelled all the way to the thread not to find any pics of the stash.
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks