Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 18:16   #421
BHPian

Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

Congrats for the new buy. I have installed front and back sensor. Sometimes feel iritating when in traffic. The sensor keeps buzzing but great help in traffic, which keeps you alert. Reverese camera is good.

It hurts man, when the new beauty bruised. Sorry.

MDSAAB, Thanks for a nice thread. On 9th September going to celebrate first anniversary of my ANHC. Clocked at 5700k.m. with max speed of 160 km per hour in Mumbai Pune Highway. I am loving it.

Whether the Son of the Gun Protector good?

I want the door illumination, where can i get. Honda is giving only the simple one not the illuminated one.

@ Charthom: Thanks for suggesting me this thread. Loving it.

Thanks and regards

Subrat
Old 7th September 2011, 23:00   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet
Congrats for the new buy. I have installed front and back sensor. Sometimes feel iritating when in traffic. The sensor keeps buzzing but great help in traffic, which keeps you alert. Reverese camera is good.

It hurts man, when the new beauty bruised. Sorry.

MDSAAB, Thanks for a nice thread. On 9th September going to celebrate first anniversary of my ANHC. Clocked at 5700k.m. with max speed of 160 km per hour in Mumbai Pune Highway. I am loving it.

Whether the Son of the Gun Protector good?

I want the door illumination, where can i get. Honda is giving only the simple one not the illuminated one.

Thanks and regards

Subrat
The side step garnish I received with my car has both front and rear door illuminated. I was surprised when I saw that on my car, because I was under the impression that illuminated garnish is available only for the front doors.
Old 24th September 2011, 13:36   #423
BHPian

mdsaab: The exclusive model seat cover is genuine leather or Art leather.
Old 24th September 2011, 14:16   #424
dot
Senior - BHPian

As mdsaab has vanished out of sight, I was bombarded by several PMs and sms asking for some update. So today I went to check out the master and his ride. The Ride is all well, nice and shiney. Mdsaab is out of town. This is for all his friends and well-wishers and this thread followers.

Last edited by dot : 24th September 2011 at 14:29.
dot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 14:35   #425
Senior - BHPian

Dotty, thanks for the update. I was about to mention a note in the papers for missing persons!
Any idea on the progress on the comparo thread?
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:00   #426

Congrats!
I had 2 Honda City cars for 4+4 years. Initially model - I had problems with fuel pump and thereafter I guess they rectified the problem and hence the last car I bought did not have this issue.
I wanted to upgrade from City to another car and after a tough competition with Civic, VW and Skoda, Toyota Altis (latest) won. I shared the data of comparison of the cars with the Linkway Honda MD and got the comment - This is the first time I had seen a customer going through so much in detail.

Even after selling the car, I get mails for service camp! Extended service...?
Cheers
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:51   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri1951 View Post
Nope. Your contact details are in their database and they send out mass mailers/SMSs. So, it's just routine. Sorry to break your bubble.
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:41   #428

Oh!
You missed the intended pun! I called them and thanked them profusely for the offer (with all possible sarcasam) and after about 5 minutes told them I sold the car and asked them to delete the details. I am sure I will get a call again for the next service camp and I will take my Altis.
He He! Ha Ha!
sri1951 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 10:33   #429
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends and Fellow BHPians,

Firstly, WOW! It's been a while.
Great to be semi-back.
Let's kick the second innings off with something quirky shall we.
The second gen City was rather quirky in design.
Honda fixed it up on the all new Honda City.
Then we again add some quirkiness what with our ducktail spoiler etc etc.
I just saw a black Honda City with a huge and i mean HUGE spoiler the other day. Infact this was my second time spotting it. If i see it again will be sure to click a pic and share it with you folks.

So what ever happened to those Gold H emblems Honda use to sell us earlier? many had opted for it on their Accords and 1st Gen Honda City's.

Are the gold emblems still available?
Do you think the Golden Beauty will look good with Gold Emblems?
Can't wait to hear your views
Drive Safe!
Old 23rd October 2011, 11:44   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I just saw a black Honda City with a huge and i mean HUGE spoiler the other day. Infact this was my second time spotting it. If i see it again will be sure to click a pic and share it with you folks.

Did it look like this?

Name:  back_spoiler_mugen_new_cityl.gif
Views: 9173
Size:  158.1 KB

Could be the Modulo body kit exclusive to the City. Last I heard, it was not available in India and had to be imported from outside.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 22:49   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Did it look like this?

Attachment 831109

Could be the Modulo body kit exclusive to the City. Last I heard, it was not available in India and had to be imported from outside.
Hey Bro yes it looked pretty much like that. Though if i am not mistaken it had a support mid way. If i spot it again, will click it.

~A little tip~
Many folks often complain that they hear a crunching sound when shifting out of P into D when parked on an incline.
Here is what i do to avoid that dreadful crunching sound.
After coming to a complete stop. Hold the brakes down. Pull the handbrake up first before shifting into P. most of the times we shift into P first and pull the handbrake up later.
When you return and are ready to leave. Push the brake pedal as far low as possible. Shift into R or D. and release the handbrake once shifted into selected gear. This usually works for me and the Golden Beauty.
Hope it will work for you too.
Drive Safe.

~Update~
Second Service of the Golden Beauty is due, was due a little while ago actually. But since i was traveling i was not able to take her in for a service. So will probably be doing so on Monday or Tuesday. Will keep you updated.

~Please Visit~
Those who have not visited the City Civic Comparo thread as yet.
It's gone live so hope to catch you there too.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:03   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When you return and are ready to leave. Push the brake pedal as far low as possible. Shift into R or D. and release the handbrake once shifted into selected gear. This usually works for me and the Golden Beauty.
Do you need to completely depress your brake to shift between gears? I used to do that earlier- a throwback to the manual tranny days and equating full clutch depress to the AT, I guess

Now I just lightly tap on the brake while switching. Of course when I move into P it's a full stop plus full depress- it seems to require that. Checked with other AT users and they confirm this is fine. Hope am not doing something wrong?
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:11   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Do you need to completely depress your brake to shift between gears? I used to do that earlier- a throwback to the manual tranny days and equating full clutch depress to the AT, I guess

Now I just lightly tap on the brake while switching. Of course when I move into P it's a full stop plus full depress- it seems to require that. Checked with other AT users and they confirm this is fine. Hope am not doing something wrong?
Hey Noops, Actually you don't need to depress the brakes completely while shifting. A slight tap is good enough.
Actually not sure but i think tapping to around mid way is the best.
But after parked on an incline it's makes a difference when you push down harder on the brake when starting off again. Helps avoid that crunching sound.
Also the main reason to pull up the handbrake before shifting into P on an incline or decline is to avoid the car moving those few inches which then turns into that awful crunching sound when shifting into D or R when starting off again. This has been my experience thus far.
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:55   #434
Senior - BHPian

Since i was away for so long... here are my replies to the posts.
Thanks everyone for keeping this thread going even in my absence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
@mdsaab - Have been following your driving techniques to the last dot. Have been able to get an average in the city with AC around 13.5kmpl My travel route in city has been restricted between Chandani Chowk - Swargate - Hadapasar
That is some fantastic mileage mate. Great going keep it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
All roads lead to Rome- all my earnest endeavours with various techniques lead to a FE of 8.5-9.0 in Cochin City. But whenever I can stretch my wings even briefly,I am immediately observing an instantaneous rise in the average FE. Will comment more after the rainy season.
When you stretch your wings with a light throttle you get the best results. But what to do when you are in a hurry?
Speed a little bit, very carefully judging the traffic in front. Let off the Accelerator as soon as you anticipate traffic slowing down ahead. If you are able to judge the traffic ahead correctly. You will be able to strike the perfect balance between speed and efficiency. Thus making it on time when in a hurry, but not totally sacrifing fuel efficiency.
mdsaab-will unlocking all doors for about 2 minutes can be much of a safety hazard at a gas station? In my i10,you have to unlock the doors to open the boot lid.You unlock the doors,someone can pick up your luggage/spare tyre and run- or in the case of a lady-even trot away grinning ear to ear!!
Well you never know. But all in all it would have been better for Honda to have provided a dedicated boot release switch.
This said,a conventional lid for the fuel filler is much more sensible.
Ditto Bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
To add a bit to it. The speed one drives at makes a big difference in FE. It changes a fair bit after say 60kmph. A lot more significant after say 80kmph or so. That has also had a significant impact on car design and making them more aerodynamic.

While the engine on the whole may get more efficient at a higher speed (at peak torque in the highest gear), the big increase in wind resistance makes the car less efficient at higher speeds.

Besides the above, the driver may be driving it a lot faster.
Which of course, as mdsaab mentioned, leads to higher braking (hence lost fuel/energy) too.
Thank You!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
This sounds like a bizarre positive feedback that has gone out of control where a maniacal driver is determined to beat the peak torque with wind and brake resistances!! I guess this can only stop (brake) at the redline.

?
mm403, mdsaab and dot are actually two separate bhpians.
LOL! I think he knows that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
I really couldn't get what you were trying to say here, dotty mate. My underdeveloped sense of humour to blame?
Don't worry Bro you are not alone, that makes 2 of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Which is the manufacturer recommended fuel grade for your Civic / City? In US my first car was Acura Integra where normal fuel was recommended but at times I used to fill a higher grade fuel and found a little bit smoother run and very little bit improvement in fuel efficiency. For my WV Passat the manufacturer recommended was the highest grade fuel. I believe there was a warning too that using lower grade fuel could damage the engine.
Most of the research in US says that as long as grade is same, it doesn't matter which brand of fuel you use.
I was advised to fill regular unleaded fuel by the folks at Honda. I have heard that some engines like the Skoda V6 are meant to be fed premium fuel only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Mdsaab, bro excuse me if you felt I directed you not to scold your driver, I meant most people get angry, but I know you are a Bhpian and a gentleman.
Ofcourse not bro, i got what you meant. and thanks
Quote:
I have a query, friends. Hopefully it might be possible, but can you please clarify this -

I am totally bowled over by the fantastic gunmetal alloys offered in the Jazz X. I compared both brochures and saw that the City and the Jazz share the same tyre size. Is it possible to get those gunmetal alloys of the Jazz X fitted onto the City? Or maybe get something on similar lines as an aftermarket fitting?
I think it fits on the City as i have seen a City shod with those gunmetal Alloys.
Will it void the suspension warranty?
If it is upgraded to at the honda dealership itself, then NO.

OT -Looks like I will have to wait a little longer, my friends. Wife is 21 weeks pregnant and about one and half hour ago the good doctor showed me (through sonography) my little one lying snugly inside the womb - strong pulsating heart, jerky movements, round head, etc. I haven't stopped smiling since then. Expected date is 7th January 2012, and what follows from tonight till then is extreme care for my better half because we have waited 5 long years for this moment.
Congratulations Bro, it's a special feeling. Wishing you and your wife all the best. BTW i know you booked the Facelifted jazz now. Congratulations once again,.
Needless to say, I have no option but to wait a little longer for the "other" baby to come into my life. Father says that February 2012 is an auspicious month for me, so I am thinking of postponing it till then. By then the City facelift should be out and I should have an idea of it's features, and maybe it will come with a killer price ala the new Jazz as well. If not, the present City should still be available with a killer offer through Cash Discounts, etc. Let's see.
Let's see ~ UT Facelifted Jazz it is then. And a fine choice indeed.
Till then, I shall keep educating myself on all things related to Honda City. Thank you for your superb threads, friends. Keep going!
Thanks Buddy, Our pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Woohoo, it's raining good news. Congratulations Mr. Would be Dad
It seems uncanny but most city owners are new dads, the demographics at play, ehh
Hey you may have a very valid point there. Is the City the Daddy's car!?!
The suspension warranty is not void if you have the same spec alloy. I had specifically asked this question while picking VMT. The warranty is cancelled only if you upsize rim size/tyresize/both or use a damaged component or a non OEM part. The gun metal finish is tempting, and tou can get the original alloy painted as well. I might go in for a matte black finish if I find a good paint artist in Gurgaon. Cheers!
Spot ON!

Quote:
Thanks, mate.

LOL! My explanation is that whoever dreams of the City, gets to be a Dad in no time!
LOL!
btw, thanks for the Aswagandha + Turmeric combo suggestion in the other thread, my friend. My mother suffers from bone problems which get severe in cold weather and that is helping her right now. There's no therapy like nature therapy.

And thanks for clarifying. I was worried a bit that it might void the suspension warranty if I indeed got similar gunmetal alloys for the OEM rims.

I checked those on the Jazz X and their sheer presence swept me off my feet. Don't think I ll get a dealer to swap tyre rims between a Jazz X and a City, so looks like I ll have to hunt down similar ones from the aftermarkets.
Quote:
Dont worry, dotty's posts are sometimes pretty knotty and nutty.
And here comes the clarification. either way Dotty's Posts are a joy to read.

Quote:
BTW,RA,photos of face-lifted ANHC are freely available on the internet.Just google.They sport a new grill.

Yes,the E MT may be discontinued and S MT may come with more features.

mdsaab,you are absent for just 2 days-it feels like eternity.Hope all is well.
Sorry Bro, but was absent for soo much longer than that. Well am Semi-Back now. Hope to catch up soon when you return.
Quote:
Thanks, charthom. Found a couple and instantly saved one as my wallpaper.
So you are smitten indeed eh!?! LOL!
I think mdsaab has taken some time out to compile a book - "My Experiments With Fuel Economy" by M.D. Saab!
Triple LOL! That's the best one i have heard thus far.
Do check it out at Crossword, sorry the book launch was done overseas else would have invited everyone. *wink*
Seriously though, he was mentioning he had some important work to attend to these days. He should be back once that is over and done with.
Well a little free-er these days so am semi back. Will return to normal posting mode soon. Till then, some presence is better than none. Right?
Quote:
Nice you got them,RA.

Yeah,it is "Redlining the Indian Auto Industry-my experiments with Fuel Economy" by Mohan(M) Das(D) Saab
LOL! But where did this new name come from? maybe my alternate identity!?!
Hope the Swedish maker Saab will not object.
Don't worry i have taken all required permits. LOL!
Yeah,he will re-emerge soon,like a Golden Beige Phoenix.
And we thought only Rajni Saar has Superstar or God Status. Thanks Bro... Thanks Feels great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Just exchanged SMS with mdsaab, as rightly said he is currently busy with some project, has promised to be back soon
Thanks for posting the updates bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Guys, anyone here has installed a Reverse parking sensor + the Camera on their ANHC. Had a close call today at Garuda Mall, when a parking attendant was being so sincere to his job, and he asked me to reverse till the bumper touched the wall Just some minor scratches, but still i feel the pain, as its my 2 week old beauty.

I am not looking at installing the normal sensors where they drill the 4 holes on the bumper. But a reverse camera with decent vision at night and one which can alert me when i reverse , displaying the distance. From previous posts, i understand it costs about 10k.

If any of you have done it, do share.
Reverse Camera is surely the way to go. unfortunately my contribution ends here, as i have never fitted or researched on one.

Quote:
Oh!
You missed the intended pun! I called them and thanked them profusely for the offer (with all possible sarcasam) and after about 5 minutes told them I sold the car and asked them to delete the details. I am sure I will get a call again for the next service camp and I will take my Altis.
He He! Ha Ha!
LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Nope. Your contact details are in their database and they send out mass mailers/SMSs. So, it's just routine. Sorry to break your bubble.
Yes i believe so.
Quote:
Congrats!
I had 2 Honda City cars for 4+4 years. Initially model - I had problems with fuel pump and thereafter I guess they rectified the problem and hence the last car I bought did not have this issue.
I wanted to upgrade from City to another car and after a tough competition with Civic, VW and Skoda, Toyota Altis (latest) won. I shared the data of comparison of the cars with the Linkway Honda MD and got the comment - This is the first time I had seen a customer going through so much in detail.
A great choice... Though i may have chosen differently.
Cheers
Thus far my experience with Honda has always been Extended Service.
They have been kind to me from the very beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Dotty, thanks for the update. I was about to mention a note in the papers for missing persons!
Any idea on the progress on the comparo thread?
No Need Bro, am back now. But thanks for the concern, feels good. Comparo live and your presence felt. Thanks Bro.
Quote:
As mdsaab has vanished out of sight, I was bombarded by several PMs and sms asking for some update. So today I went to check out the master and his ride. The Ride is all well, nice and shiney. Mdsaab is out of town. This is for all his friends and well-wishers and this thread followers.
Thanks Bro for coming down all the way. All is well... thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
mdsaab: The exclusive model seat cover is genuine leather or Art leather.
It is not genuine leather for sure. It is however manufactured by Stanley as far as i know, and are of excellent quality.
Quote:
The side step garnish I received with my car has both front and rear door illuminated. I was surprised when I saw that on my car, because I was under the impression that illuminated garnish is available only for the front doors.
Hey that's something. Yes i was told the Honda OE garnishes are illuminated only upfront. Could you please post pics of yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
My Pleasure...Congratulations mate. and quite a nice way to celebrate it. With a long drive.

Check with another dealer. the illuminated ones are Honda OE and should be available with the Honda authorized dealer.
Thanks Charthom Bro! and thanks for visiting.
Thanks and regards

Subrat
Quote:
Yea, will do that soon, charthom. I was not in town for a few days after i got delivery of the car. Now i guess, i can sit down and spend time on that.
Congratulations mate.
But you and kirantp have the Caska HU's installed , isn't it? Does it come with the reverse cam ? But i dont intend to go for Caska now, as i am quite happy with the OEM one. Anyway, I'll go back and check out your threads.
I think the reverse camera for the caska comes as an option. or you could fit a compatible one.
Happy Sailing sir and have a wonderful Onam with your family , and we will definitely miss your elaborate postings for a while. But we will do our bit to keep this wonderful thread alive and kicking
Wishing you a happy & safe sail too. Looking forward to having you back soon.
Thanks for keeping this thread alive and kicking everyone.
Old 24th October 2011, 17:11   #435
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
After coming to a complete stop. Hold the brakes down. Pull the handbrake up first before shifting into P. most of the times we shift into P first and pull the handbrake up later.
When you return and are ready to leave. Push the brake pedal as far low as possible. Shift into R or D. and release the handbrake once shifted into selected gear.
Isn't this sequence almost absolutely necessary on inclines? Infact even on flat surfaces while parking, after depressing the brake pedal I always used to pull up the hand brake first and then shift the transmission to park (conversely shift the tranny to Reverse/Drive first and then release the hand brake while starting). This was based on my understanding that such a sequence would shift load of holding the car to hand brake instead of the transmission.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks