Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 23:15   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City

I have a query, friends. Hopefully it might be possible, but can you please clarify this -

I am totally bowled over by the fantastic gunmetal alloys offered in the Jazz X. I compared both brochures and saw that the City and the Jazz share the same tyre size. Is it possible to get those gunmetal alloys of the Jazz X fitted onto the City? Or maybe get something on similar lines as an aftermarket fitting?

Will it void the suspension warranty?

OT -Looks like I will have to wait a little longer, my friends. Wife is 21 weeks pregnant and about one and half hour ago the good doctor showed me (through sonography) my little one lying snugly inside the womb - strong pulsating heart, jerky movements, round head, etc. I haven't stopped smiling since then. Expected date is 7th January 2012, and what follows from tonight till then is extreme care for my better half because we have waited 5 long years for this moment.

Needless to say, I have no option but to wait a little longer for the "other" baby to come into my life. Father says that February 2012 is an auspicious month for me, so I am thinking of postponing it till then. By then the City facelift should be out and I should have an idea of it's features, and maybe it will come with a killer price ala the new Jazz as well. If not, the present City should still be available with a killer offer through Cash Discounts, etc. Let's see.

Till then, I shall keep educating myself on all things related to Honda City. Thank you for your superb threads, friends. Keep going!
Old 30th August 2011, 10:16   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi

Will it void the suspension warranty?

OT -Looks like I will have to wait a little longer, my friends. Wife is 21 weeks pregnant and about one and half hour ago the good doctor showed me (through sonography) my little one lying snugly inside the womb - strong pulsating heart, jerky movements, round head, etc. I haven't stopped smiling since then. Expected date is 7th January 2012, and what follows from tonight till then is extreme care for my better half because we have waited 5 long years for this moment.!
Woohoo, it's raining good news. Congratulations Mr. Would be Dad
It seems uncanny but most city owners are new dads, the demographics at play, ehh

The suspension warranty is not void if you have the same spec alloy. I had specifically asked this question while picking VMT. The warranty is cancelled only if you upsize rim size/tyresize/both or use a damaged component or a non OEM part. The gun metal finish is tempting, and tou can get the original alloy painted as well. I might go in for a matte black finish if I find a good paint artist in Gurgaon. Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 10:53   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Woohoo, it's raining good news. Congratulations Mr. Would be Dad
It seems uncanny but most city owners are new dads, the demographics at play, ehh

The suspension warranty is not void if you have the same spec alloy. I had specifically asked this question while picking VMT. The warranty is cancelled only if you upsize rim size/tyresize/both or use a damaged component or a non OEM part. The gun metal finish is tempting, and tou can get the original alloy painted as well. I might go in for a matte black finish if I find a good paint artist in Gurgaon. Cheers!
Thanks, mate.

LOL! My explanation is that whoever dreams of the City, gets to be a Dad in no time!

btw, thanks for the Aswagandha + Turmeric combo suggestion in the other thread, my friend. My mother suffers from bone problems which get severe in cold weather and that is helping her right now. There's no therapy like nature therapy.

And thanks for clarifying. I was worried a bit that it might void the suspension warranty if I indeed got similar gunmetal alloys for the OEM rims.

I checked those on the Jazz X and their sheer presence swept me off my feet. Don't think I ll get a dealer to swap tyre rims between a Jazz X and a City, so looks like I ll have to hunt down similar ones from the aftermarkets.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:57   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I checked those on the Jazz X and their sheer presence swept me off my feet. Don't think I ll get a dealer to swap tyre rims between a Jazz X and a City, so looks like I ll have to hunt down similar ones from the aftermarkets.
Why dont you find an existing Jazz owner who can buy them for you? You might as well speak to the dealer directly too and find out if they sell it for other cars. He may try to pass it off in paperwork as sold for another car if he earns a bit on the sale
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 17:05   #410
BHPian

Quote:

OT -Looks like I will have to wait a little longer, my friends. Wife is 21 weeks pregnant and about one and half hour ago the good doctor showed me (through sonography) my little one lying snugly inside the womb - strong pulsating heart, jerky movements, round head, etc. I haven't stopped smiling since then. Expected date is 7th January 2012, and what follows from tonight till then is extreme care for my better half because we have waited 5 long years for this moment.
Great news,RA. congratulations,Mate.

Regarding the alloy swap-Sn1p3r has already answered it.

For the other baby-wait if you can.The 'AANHC' will be definitely a surprise package.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 19:56   #411
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
I really couldn't get what you were trying to say here, dotty mate. My underdeveloped sense of humour to blame?
Dont worry, dotty's posts are sometimes pretty knotty and nutty.
Old 31st August 2011, 01:03   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Why dont you find an existing Jazz owner who can buy them for you? You might as well speak to the dealer directly too and find out if they sell it for other cars. He may try to pass it off in paperwork as sold for another car if he earns a bit on the sale
Superb suggestion, SD. I ll get in touch with the dealer first and see if that's plausible with him. If not, I bet there's always a Jazz owner who's willing to help. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Great news,RA. congratulations,Mate.

Regarding the alloy swap-Sn1p3r has already answered it.

For the other baby-wait if you can.The 'AANHC' will be definitely a surprise package.
Thanks, mate.

I really hope so. Even at the same price, missing features like the ACC could be a real boost to the new AHNC (or AANHC as you call it!). Let's see what else Honda does with the City facelift, although I am pretty sure all changes will be limited to cosmetic only - front grille (hopefully not, I really like the existing one), front and rear lamps, interior features, better upholstery (although the current one is pretty solid too), etc.

Maybe we will see a S MT variant with alloys, a-la the Jazz Select. Who knows? Hopefully...
Old 31st August 2011, 18:40   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Let's see what else Honda does with the City facelift, although I am pretty sure all changes will be limited to cosmetic only - front grille (hopefully not, I really like the existing one), front and rear lamps, interior features, better upholstery (although the current one is pretty solid too), etc.

Maybe we will see a S MT variant with alloys, a-la the Jazz Select. Who knows? Hopefully...
BTW,RA,photos of face-lifted ANHC are freely available on the internet.Just google.They sport a new grill.

Yes,the E MT may be discontinued and S MT may come with more features.

mdsaab,you are absent for just 2 days-it feels like eternity.Hope all is well.
Old 1st September 2011, 10:02   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BTW,RA,photos of face-lifted ANHC are freely available on the internet.Just google.They sport a new grill.

Yes,the E MT may be discontinued and S MT may come with more features.

Thanks, charthom. Found a couple and instantly saved one as my wallpaper.

I think mdsaab has taken some time out to compile a book - "My Experiments With Fuel Economy" by M.D. Saab!

Seriously though, he was mentioning he had some important work to attend to these days. He should be back once that is over and done with.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st September 2011 at 10:04.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 17:45   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, charthom. Found a couple and instantly saved one as my wallpaper.

I think mdsaab has taken some time out to compile a book - "My Experiments With Fuel Economy" by M.D. Saab!

Seriously though, he was mentioning he had some important work to attend to these days. He should be back once that is over and done with.
Nice you got them,RA.

Yeah,it is "Redlining the Indian Auto Industry-my experiments with Fuel Economy" by Mohan(M) Das(D) Saab

Hope the Swedish maker Saab will not object.

Yeah,he will re-emerge soon,like a Golden Beige Phoenix.
charthom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 20:54   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah,he will re-emerge soon,like a Golden Beige Phoenix.
Just exchanged SMS with mdsaab, as rightly said he is currently busy with some project, has promised to be back soon
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 21:33   #417
BHPian

Guys, anyone here has installed a Reverse parking sensor + the Camera on their ANHC. Had a close call today at Garuda Mall, when a parking attendant was being so sincere to his job, and he asked me to reverse till the bumper touched the wall Just some minor scratches, but still i feel the pain, as its my 2 week old beauty.

I am not looking at installing the normal sensors where they drill the 4 holes on the bumper. But a reverse camera with decent vision at night and one which can alert me when i reverse , displaying the distance. From previous posts, i understand it costs about 10k.

If any of you have done it, do share.
Old 1st September 2011, 22:00   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Just exchanged SMS with mdsaab, as rightly said he is currently busy with some project, has promised to be back soon
Great news-Remi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Guys, anyone here has installed a Reverse parking sensor + the Camera on their ANHC. Had a close call today at Garuda Mall, when a parking attendant was being so sincere to his job, and he asked me to reverse till the bumper touched the wall Just some minor scratches, but still i feel the pain, as its my 2 week old beauty.

I am not looking at installing the normal sensors where they drill the 4 holes on the bumper. But a reverse camera with decent vision at night and one which can alert me when i reverse , displaying the distance. From previous posts, i understand it costs about 10k.

If any of you have done it, do share.
Sorry about the bruised young beauty-Mate.

Check out kirantp's posts on my thread-He has both sensors and camera.
I have camera. Detailed photos and discussions are available there.

BTW,share the details of your City toddler-dude!! Snaps,reviews?

Last edited by charthom : 1st September 2011 at 22:03.
Old 1st September 2011, 22:32   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Great news-Remi.

Sorry about the bruised young beauty-Mate.

Check out kirantp's posts on my thread-He has both sensors and camera.
I have camera. Detailed photos and discussions are available there.

BTW,share the details of your City toddler-dude!! Snaps,reviews?

Yea, will do that soon, charthom. I was not in town for a few days after i got delivery of the car. Now i guess, i can sit down and spend time on that.

But you and kirantp have the Caska HU's installed , isn't it? Does it come with the reverse cam ? But i dont intend to go for Caska now, as i am quite happy with the OEM one. Anyway, I'll go back and check out your threads.

Happy Sailing sir and have a wonderful Onam with your family , and we will definitely miss your elaborate postings for a while. But we will do our bit to keep this wonderful thread alive and kicking
Old 2nd September 2011, 07:08   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post

But i dont intend to go for Caska now, as i am quite happy with the OEM one.
Caska has reverse cam.As per Honda,reverse cam system from Vision costs 18000/- with 1 yr warranty. There should be cheaper systems too.

Quote:
Happy Sailing sir and have a wonderful Onam with your family , and we will definitely miss your elaborate postings for a while. But we will do our bit to keep this wonderful thread alive and kicking
Thanks a lot mate. Thanks for the promise of taking care of the thread.

And of course-congrats on the new beauty!!

Last edited by charthom : 2nd September 2011 at 07:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks