Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 00:44   #1
BHPian

2011 BS4 Nano shares my garage

Dealership experience And Nano experience.

Dealer : Tejaswi motors, Hitechcity.

Pre booking :

I had very bad experience at the tata dealerships in hyderabad when we had an indigo. But then I heard about a TATA dealership which opened up recently and which takes its customers pretty seriously. So walked in to enquire about the sweet little car. Walker in an a person with a smile walks towards me and greets me and asks me which car are you looking for sir? NANO! and the conversation went on for a good 30 mins, she explaiuned all the loan option, cash benefits, discounts, after sales packages etc. It was a pleasant experience.

After Booking :

After booking the car, the sales executive was in touch with me everyday to keep me posted about the delivery status, PDI, Load processing and few other details. A very kind person.

Delivery :

It took closed to 40 mins even after the payment and approvals are done well in advance. Insurance and few other signature were left and these took close to 40 mins. Got a chocolate box along with the car

Post Delivery :

I liked the nano so much that I couldnt resist buying it. But soon after I rode it to the fuel station, filledit up and drove it with the AC on from idle, heard a BBBRRRRRR sound fromthe engine bay while accelerating, Initially I thought it was the belt which was making that sound and will vanish some time soon and kept driving it but later it was getting more and more loud. Took it to the service station the next day and found out that the AC compressor pulley is the culprit. Mech did some adjustments and the problem was solved.

Later when I came back home, Did a keem inspection and found rust on the drive shafts and other areas. Got a doubt and decoded the VIN number and found out that the car is almost 1 Year old . The car had 40 kms on the odo when I took the delivery and the reason they gave for this was that some testing was done before delivery hecne the big number. I was fine with it but after looking at the mfg date, Informed the manager about it and had a long argument. Good that reg was not done and after stressing a bit, Got it replaced. Now I have a golden 2011 mfg bs4 nano

When the car was exchanged, the odo was at 120 kms. The bs4 nano seems more refined/smooth?

Nano experience : Beautiful car for the city, you can park it any where without any worries. Easy to handle, easy to maintain. It's way cheaper than maintaining my 2011 CBR.

Braking is a matter of getting used to. Acceleration and gearing are just great for the city. It can go uphill with the ac on and on 2nd gear. You can still see the car accelerating at that pocition. Getting close to 18 kmpl on ac in the city. Ample space for legs, head and luggage. A salute to ratan tata for making this lil wonder.

Dislikes : No left side ORVM, No provision for speakers(front), no glove box, no cigarette lighter even on the top end version (got an after market one though).

Upgrades :

1. Autocops security system - Done.
2. HU, Front and rear speakers, AMp, Sub - Pending (waiting for a weekend)
3. Tints - Waiting for registration process to happen.
4. Alloys (dealer still dint get stock)
5. ORVM left - Wonder where to get hold of one.
6. Seats. Semi leather for sure.

7/15/2011:

Done with the audio install. Got JBL 4" on the front, Rockford fosgate 6x9 on the rear, kenwood 350watt 2 channel for the jbl 1100 watt sub. Scosche wiring was used. Used my Good old Sony gt460US HU which was taken off from my other car while upgrading to a 3RC out HU.

Ordered semi leather "Saddles" covers. Will take time I guess. He said by thursday they'll be ready so friday will be the day I'll get them. I'll even get the glasses tinted that day.

So far, I'm having fun driving this cute lil car.

7/22/2011 :

Took an off from office and got all the left over work .

Things done today.

1. Seats.
2. Horn.
3. Sunfilm.

Few pics clicked from my mobile.

Before :

After

Will Post more pics tomorrow. Couldn't click more today as I dint have time.

Last edited by Stratos : 22nd July 2011 at 17:08. Reason: Removing Smileys. Please your two smileys per post at the most.
kingofmyworld is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 06:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 BS4 NANO shares my garage.

Congrats on your brand new cutie! My request for a TD didn't happen till a whole lot of follow up. But boy what a surprise package it was driving this bug! Great pick up, interior space, AC, suspension were huge plus. Boot space, no lockable storage was downer.

Highly recommend all entry level hatch potential owners to check out t Nano. King, what is the final bill after all the add ons?
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:42   #3
BHPian

Re: 2011 BS4 NANO shares my garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Congrats on your brand new cutie! My request for a TD didn't happen till a whole lot of follow up. But boy what a surprise package it was driving this bug! Great pick up, interior space, AC, suspension were huge plus. Boot space, no lockable storage was downer.

Highly recommend all entry level hatch potential owners to check out t Nano. King, what is the final bill after all the add ons?
OTR given by the showroom guys was 2.3lakh and my add-ons sum upto some rs.33000. So all together I spent close to 2.65 lakh till date.

My friend who first said " Why Nano? " are now considering this car as their second car. Their opinion changed as soon as they had a small ride in my Nano.

Request : Can some one throw some light on the left side ORVM and the alloy's center caps? Are they available in your city?

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 22nd July 2011 at 13:44.
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:47   #4
BHPian

Re: 2011 BS4 Nano shares my garage

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use external picture hosts such as photobucket, imageshack etc. Your pictures have been reloaded via the Team-BHP Attachment system.

We advise you to read our board rules carefully, before proceeding any further.

Another mobile pic of the seats. Better pics will be added this weekend.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2011 at 16:20. Reason: Please do NOT use external picture hosts such as photobucket, imageshack etc.
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for your TATA Nano.

Nano is a cute little car which will be fun to drive in city traffic. And this shade suits Nano so well.

I request you to please add some more nice pictures and do update the thread regularly.

Wishing you happy and safe driving.
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:26   #6
BHPian

@Bluevolt : Thank you. I'll be posting some high res pictures once I get time this weekend. Busy with work and personal commitments as of now.

PS : Do you ride a ninja 250?
Old 22nd July 2011, 21:35   #7
BHPian

Really shocked to hear that they pass 1 yr old car. Lucky you were able to get it replaced without much hassles. Waiting for your initial review about the engine. I had driven a nano earlier. My only grouse is they could have provided power steering as an option. Anyway Enjoy driving your new baby.
Old 23rd July 2011, 04:24   #8
BHPian

@vasuki : This cute little car is worth every penny you pay for it. Initially I thought the steering is a bit tight but later realized that the air pressure is low so filled it to 27psi and voila! steering is not hard to turn anymore.

In the city it runs like a horse. Has ample amount of power to get through traffic, climb slopes, and the brake boosters do a decent job as long as you're under 80 kmph (a matter of getting used to). AC is great. Space is something every one who sat in a nano knows very well. It's HUGE! You don't feel like you're in a tiny little car after you get in.
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations.
Are these company fitted Alloy wheels?
Old 23rd July 2011, 13:31   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
@vasuki : This cute little car is worth every penny you pay for it. Initially I thought the steering is a bit tight but later realized that the air pressure is low so filled it to 27psi and voila! steering is not hard to turn anymore.

In the city it runs like a horse. Has ample amount of power to get through traffic, climb slopes, and the brake boosters do a decent job as long as you're under 80 kmph (a matter of getting used to). AC is great. Space is something every one who sat in a nano knows very well. It's HUGE! You don't feel like you're in a tiny little car after you get in.
Congratulations on your new possession.
It's really a true piece of joy to enjoy in the city. No need to worry about parking spaces and while doing tight fitments in between. Its ease of reversing is an added advantage.
You can do 100kmph on straight roads and I would say its breaking is quite predictable unlike the M800. Your's is an Lx model fitted with break boosters.
Also, you can get the LH side ORVM if you search for in the after market. The body doesn't have a hole for the fitment of the same, hence it needs a drill.
Its actual big from the inside than what you see from the out.
Old 23rd July 2011, 14:18   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Congratulations.
Are these company fitted Alloy wheels?
Thank you.
Yes, They are available as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Congratulations on your new possession.
It's really a true piece of joy to enjoy in the city. No need to worry about parking spaces and while doing tight fitments in between. Its ease of reversing is an added advantage.
You can do 100kmph on straight roads and I would say its breaking is quite predictable unlike the M800. Your's is an Lx model fitted with break boosters.
Also, you can get the LH side ORVM if you search for in the after market. The body doesn't have a hole for the fitment of the same, hence it needs a drill.
Its actual big from the inside than what you see from the out.
I agree it's a great piece of machine. Totally worth it.
I tried sourcing the LORVMs but couldnt find them anywhere. Atleast in hyderabad. Can you please let me know if they are available in your city? or if they're available in any other city. I don't mind making a hole in the door to fit one rather than struggling to turn 90degrees every time I take a left turn
Old 23rd July 2011, 20:19   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrtulations on your NANO. I think TATA is following a good strategy with the Dealerships, getting in new blood so that the old war horses wake up and start running.

The car looks great after the sun film was added on. Please keep updating the thread regularly, will be watching this thread closely

What's your take on the the Yellow colour? Its only available on the LX model. If you have one in yellow, people automatically know that it is an LX. What I mean is, your colour is also available in the CX version and if someone paints the bumpers then no-one will be the wiser
Old 24th July 2011, 00:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Congrtulations on your NANO. I think TATA is following a good strategy with the Dealerships, getting in new blood so that the old war horses wake up and start running.

The car looks great after the sun film was added on. Please keep updating the thread regularly, will be watching this thread closely

What's your take on the the Yellow colour? Its only available on the LX model. If you have one in yellow, people automatically know that it is an LX. What I mean is, your colour is also available in the CX version and if someone paints the bumpers then no-one will be the wiser
Thank you
I din't get the yellow just because my mom din't like it. First I took silver and then after comparing it to my friend's golden Nano, I found golden better so got the Golden nano. I really don't care what the other person (read the person passing by) thinks of the version by looking at the color. I'll keept the thread updated every now and then.
Old 27th July 2011, 12:19   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, congratulations on the Nano! Champagne Gold looks exquisite on it. Excellent car. Enjoy it. And do post pictures as promised on the weekend. A query - the speaker board in the back, does it cause trouble for storage? Or its fully removable / attached to the sheet for folding away?

Glad to see that they replaced the car when you identified it to be an old one. Sad to see that it had to happen at all...Anyway, No worries for you any more and that's good.

Wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with the Key of Joys!

Cheers!

Last edited by Reinhard : 27th July 2011 at 12:22.
Old 6th August 2011, 16:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey, congratulations on the Nano! Champagne Gold looks exquisite on it. Excellent car. Enjoy it. And do post pictures as promised on the weekend. A query - the speaker board in the back, does it cause trouble for storage? Or its fully removable / attached to the sheet for folding away?

Glad to see that they replaced the car when you identified it to be an old one. Sad to see that it had to happen at all...Anyway, No worries for you any more and that's good.

Wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with the Key of Joys!

Cheers!
The speaker board is fully removable actually but I don't have an issue with luggage so I got it fixed permanently.

There was a lil delay in getting the pictures. Here are some. Will upload more in some time.

2011 BS4 Nano shares my garage-287771_10150326809185746_576055745_9423414_3314449_o.jpg

2011 BS4 Nano shares my garage-288585_232256190146434_100000861657463_611323_4424337_o.jpg

2011 BS4 Nano shares my garage-288819_10150326808840746_576055745_9423406_1598236_o.jpg

2011 BS4 Nano shares my garage-288899_10150326806840746_576055745_9423364_5365366_o.jpg

2011 BS4 Nano shares my garage-289634_10150326809445746_576055745_9423418_4586967_o.jpg

2011 BS4 Nano shares my garage-287814_10150326807800746_576055745_9423384_965040_o.jpg
kingofmyworld is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks