Team-BHP - Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/105386-luxury-personified-skoda-laura-tdi-elegance-edit-now-sold-10.html)

Dear Vinj 14,

Hatsoff for the mods and the way you have gone about them. Few ques ?

1. The site you mentioned is in Czech language. How do you change it to english. Clicking the En button on RHS did not help.
2. Is the lip spoiler on the boot stock or fiited later on?
3. Did you think of/is it possible to fit the Vrs front bumper to laura elegance with DRLs and fog lamps??

Congrats once again. Inspired for my next buy shortly.

The translate to English option is available in your browser ( google chrome or explorer)

The spoiler lip was fitted as an accessory. The skoda dealer will do it for you. It's quite expensive though ( around 12k if I remember right).

The vrs bumper retrofit is possible. But it would be extremely difficult to procure all the required parts, the wiring isn't easy, and it will turn out to be ridiculously expensive. It isn't a straightforward bumper swap by any means.

Hi Vinj,
Is there someone whom you know at the dealership. Which dealership do you go and is there someone who specifically knows how to use the VCDS? In short do you know any one personally :). The last time i took my ambiente to Gurudev at Arumbakkam, he didnt know how to activate the DRL/ Cornering lamp

vinj14! This has to be among the best threads for Laura! Thank you for sharing this, must admit I have been regularly irregular on the forum and I happen stumble on your thread and I am still gasping for breadth.

Must say the mods that you have done are outstanding! I will pick a few of them and shall reach out to you for help!

Before even I think of taking the plunge, I must check the with the support reps on their ability to execute these changes.

But this thread is just awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2796979)
I know cruise control generally works best with the AT vehicles but Im just checking.

Sorry to disagree here, it works like a charm in my Jetta 5 speed manual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk2kin (Post 2861047)
vinj14! This has to be among the best threads for Laura! Thank you for sharing this, must admit I have been regularly irregular on the forum and I happen stumble on your thread and I am still gasping for breadth.

Must say the mods that you have done are outstanding! I will pick a few of them and shall reach out to you for help!

Before even I think of taking the plunge, I must check the with the support reps on their ability to execute these changes.

But this thread is just awesome!

Thanks mate! Yeah these mods were a lot of fun. The car feels complete now. I was actually trying to install driver's side electric seat with memory but decided against it as i hardly use the car nowadays. I bought a new c200 cgi last month and ive given the skoda to my dad for his daily use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DexterMorgan (Post 2861060)

True. Cruise control comes as a genuine skoda accessory that the company will fit for you (for manual as well as automatic)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinj14 (Post 2861505)
I bought a new c200 cgi last month and ive given the skoda to my dad for his daily use.

Congratulations vinj14 for your latest acquisition (C200) clap: By the way, when can we expect a new ownership thread about the C200 (and ofcourse, the modification list too :D)

O.T. : I notice that the ANHC no longer features in your signature. Sold it off ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by DexterMorgan

Thanks for the correction.
I have only used Cruise Control on an AT.

Vinj i am sending you my car for a month. Pls copy paste all the mods on it from your Laura. Seriously, is it possible?;) you undertaking these mods as a project like other tuners out there? Pete's aint doing these mods all though they claim to be dealers for superskoda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead
Vinj i am sending you my car for a month. Pls copy paste all the mods on it from your Laura. Seriously, is it possible?;) you undertaking these mods as a project like other tuners out there? Pete's aint doing these mods all though they claim to be dealers for superskoda.

Ditto adi, would like to do the same! You just read my mind, I wish Vinj was based out of Mumbai...

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk2kin

Ditto adi, would like to do the same! You just read my mind, I wish Vinj was based out of Mumbai...

LOL. So lets convince Vinj14 ji fast!

Thanks guys. I think there are some guys who have done similar mods in mumbai. Infact a fellow bhpian based in mumbai has done plenty of work on his yeti (he has a thread on t-bhp) and im sure he'd be able to help.

Attaching a pic of the newest member of our garage.

Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!-imag0028..jpg

Hi Vinj14,
You have a beautiful car there. I am about to finalize on 2.0 CR TDI Elegance AT next month.
1. How is AT in comparison to MT? I have heard DSG AT is a brilliant thing, nearest to manual one can get. Good enough? Please let me know as this is my main query having driven 2 MT Cars in last 10yrs.

2. Any trouble with AT so far?
3. Enabling DRL. Extra charges?

Car looks beautiful in Ash beige. I was sold on Rosso Brunello. Now looking at your car, I think this too is very good and photogenic.

4. Has the color changed after an year? Any fading?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezrskb (Post 2869416)
Hi Vinj14,
You have a beautiful car there. I am about to finalize on 2.0 CR TDI Elegance AT next month.
1. How is AT in comparison to MT? I have heard DSG AT is a brilliant thing, nearest to manual one can get. Good enough? Please let me know as this is my main query having driven 2 MT Cars in last 10yrs.

2. Any trouble with AT so far?
3. Enabling DRL. Extra charges?

Car looks beautiful in Ash beige. I was sold on Rosso Brunello. Now looking at your car, I think this too is very good and photogenic.

4. Has the color changed after an year? Any fading?

I would blindly go for the AT. The MT lauras are underpowered(110hp) . The DSG gearbox is fantastic and is a boon in horrible traffic conditions. I know the AT is almost 2 lakhs more expensive but its definitely worth the money. Infact i would say the ambition AT is better VFM than the elegance MT.

Cappuccino beige is a nice colour and easy to maintain.
Drls should be activated for free.