Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 19:41   #151
BHPian

re: Luxury personified : Skoda laura TDI AT Elegance EDIT: Now sold!

Hi Vinj14,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
To correct you on the price, and also to make it more attractive for me, I have a quotation where price difference between Laura 2.0 CR TD Elegance AT and Elegance MT is just 62K odd INR. All the more reason to go for AT. I test drove an AT 140hp Jetta and a 110hp manual Laura (as no alternative TD vehicles were available with dealers). But frankly speaking I didn't feel the 110hp Laura actually felt underpowered in real life. Also I many not have much additional use for additional horses. But I think when I have option of getting a good AT (6 speed DSG of VW is supposed to be better than others and is reasonably reliable too I guess) + a higher power engine with 62K extra, latter looks better. Also most of the long drives I take is usually into Kerala where roads are quite congested and most of the drive is filled with repeated braking and gear changing. Hence let me get the feel of AT this time which is new to me.
Old 12th August 2012, 21:51   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
True. Cruise control comes as a genuine skoda accessory that the company will fit for you (for manual as well as automatic)
Cruise control as an accessory?
Does this mean one can fit cruise control on the Ambition DSG variant as well?
Old 12th August 2012, 22:17   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Cruise control as an accessory?
Does this mean one can fit cruise control on the Ambition DSG variant as well?
Yes. For any laura. Manual or automatic.
vinj14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 12:35   #154
buz
BHPian

Quote:
[b][i]I bought the Kensington liquiaux with steering control for the ipod. It works beautifully and makes you miss the multifunction steering wheel a little less. The sound quality is great, you can hide the wires so that it doesn’t make your car look messy and the steering remote actually goes well with the interiors of the car
Hi Vinj,

A little dated in my query but I too am procuring the liquidaux for my Skoda Laura. Had a question, is it possible to receive and answer calls from this device on the iphone?
Old 16th January 2013, 20:16   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its quite complicated. And you will certainly lose your warranty if the service centers aren't willing to do it for you.

Its a good mod for sure but make sure the you have the 100% backing from your skoda service center before you proceed.
Hi vinj,

Are you still enjoying the warranty from skoda, despite all of these modifications? From what I understand and came across, you should not retrofit anything.

regards,

Nitin
Old 16th January 2013, 20:37   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Are you still enjoying the warranty from skoda, despite all of these modifications? From what I understand and came across, you should not retrofit anything.

regards,
Let me tell you Vinj was very lucky to have a supportive service crew that not only agreed to do all those extensive mods on his Laura but do so without affecting his warranty.

I've tried to talk to my service guys here in Mumbai and get them to mod my Laura (with Skoda OEM fitments). They have refused because they are extremely wary of associated failures and subsequent liability. And this after I had substantial leverage with the top folks there. Do it outside and you can rest assured that the warranty will stand nullified and void.

Phew! And it is not easy to get the service center to be hand in glove or even look the other way.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 16th January 2013 at 20:41.
Old 16th January 2013, 21:11   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
y. And this after I had substantial leverage with the top folks there. Do it outside and you can rest assured that the warranty will stand nullified and void.

Phew! And it is not easy to get the service center to be hand in glove or even look the other way.
Yeah I've been very lucky. The guys here really helped me out. My warranty is still intact.
Old 16th January 2013, 22:22   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I've tried to talk to my service guys here in Mumbai and get them to mod my Laura (with Skoda OEM fitments). They have refused because they are extremely wary of associated failures and subsequent liability. And this after I had substantial leverage with the top folks there. Do it outside and you can rest assured that the warranty will stand nullified and void.
Like what? I'm pretty sure I can get my service guys to do it for it if they are OEM fitments.
Old 16th January 2013, 23:03   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
Like what? I'm pretty sure I can get my service guys to do it for it if they are OEM fitments.
Like the Maxi-Dot display from the L&K AND/OR the vRS Multi-function steering. As OEM as it gets.

akshay, are you saying you can get your service guys to do it for me?

Last edited by Omtoatom : 16th January 2013 at 23:09.
Old 17th January 2013, 00:32   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Like the Maxi-Dot display from the L&K AND/OR the vRS Multi-function steering. As OEM as it gets.

That will require coding, probably with a Vag-com system. The service guys may not know how to do that. But a member here akki_5 can probably figure the coding out. Ill find out tomorrow if they can fit those parts.
Old 17th January 2013, 06:57   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Quote:

Just to add-on, when I was having a discussion with the dealership on the Laura, the guy took me to a Superb (TD car) parked there to show the touchscreen audio system. And when I asked him about the nice 3-spoke steering wheel of the Superb, he mentioned that I can source that + other accessories from outside (he mentioned a couple of international websites, I don’t remember the names well), and they can help to get those fitted in the Laura. I specifically asked about warranty void situation, and he mentioned that it’s not a problem with genuine fitments, and work carried out by ASC folks.

Infact he went on to say that the Laura Ambition is one of the most mod-friendly car in their line-up
Old 17th January 2013, 13:27   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Just to add-on, when I was having a discussion with the dealership on the Laura, the guy took me to a Superb (TD car) parked there to show the touchscreen audio system. And when I asked him about the nice 3-spoke steering wheel of the Superb, he mentioned that I can source that + other accessories from outside (he mentioned a couple of international websites, I don’t remember the names well), and they can help to get those fitted in the Laura. I specifically asked about warranty void situation, and he mentioned that it’s not a problem with genuine fitments, and work carried out by ASC folks.

Infact he went on to say that the Laura Ambition is one of the most mod-friendly car in their line-up
VB-San, do allow me to clarify myself here: there isn't any doubting the mod-friendliness of the Laura. Just that different ASC folks interpret and react to this customization capability differently. Some will be game such as the chap you spoke to; others will have no part of it. Most likely owing to the following:

1. Liability in case of failure
2. A general lack of understanding/experience of having attempted something like this before

Trust me buddy, we are all on the same page on this!
Old 7th July 2013, 15:26   #163
BHPian

Planning to upgrade to the Columbus. Internal hd, rear view cam option, DVD player... Seems worth it.
Anyways. This means my bolero is for sale.
If anyone is interested pm me for the price.

Also have an oem Vw Skoda 9w7 Bluetooth kit (full kit) which work beatifully with bolero. Again, if anyone is interested pm me.

Will put these up in the classifieds section soon

Last edited by vinj14 : 7th July 2013 at 15:49.
Old 7th July 2013, 16:51   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to upgrade to the Columbus. Internal hd, rear view cam option, DVD player... Seems worth it.
Anyways. This means my bolero is for sale.
If anyone is interested pm me for the price.

Also have an oem Vw Skoda 9w7 Bluetooth kit (full kit) which work beatifully with bolero. Again, if anyone is interested pm me.

Will put these up in the classifieds section soon
please check your inbox.
Old 10th July 2013, 18:22   #165
BHPian

Vinj14 - Thanks for taking your time to share your experiences and the effort that you have put in to convert your Laura to a nearly L&K version. I am also seriously considering Laura Elegance. However Gurudev Motors informed me that Laura is coming only in Ambiente or L&K trims. Elegance has been discontinued. But Ambiente trim comes with 6 CD Bolero music player, Bluetooth, Audio controls on steering wheel, power driver seats with 3 memory. Is this a good buy in your opinion?
thanks again for your detailed and very useful information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks