Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 20:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan 370Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
Thanks guys !!

I will take loads of pics this weekend !!

BTW something terrible happened yesterday which I did not mention before. One stupid biker came out of nowhere in front of my z and then he panicked and braked hard. His biked slipped and banged right into the front of my Z !!

Luckily he was not hurt but I had a good Go at him (no physical voilance as I don't believe in that !!), some other people on the road came rushing and screamed at the guy too !!

Anyways the incident left a few black deep scratches in my car and I was upset but I took a bold step and got it fixed at a local garage here.

I have used their services before and the colouring guy there has a very good hand !! He did an excellent job and you guys wont believe, it just costed me 1000 rupees to get the job done (it was surprising for me too). A similar job would had costed thousands in the official body shop or a hi-fi one !!

He came and did all the work at my office parking as I didnt want to send the car to the garage because it is located in a cramped place and also hoards of people just want to check the car out !!

I also asked him to paint the rear diffuser black and I think it makes the car look a bit more sporty at the back. I will post the pics in just a bit !!
Holy... already an ordeal!

Dude, please DO NOT give your car to any painter! The paint job on these exotic cars is of much better quality and it may be hard to match by these local joes. Please give it to some reputed paint shop only! My 2 cents. Rest, its your call...

Also, be gentle on your baby GTR for first few days till you get a complete hang of her, will yaa!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 7th September 2011 at 20:37.
Old 7th September 2011, 22:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Holy... already an ordeal!

Dude, please DO NOT give your car to any painter! The paint job on these exotic cars is of much better quality and it may be hard to match by these local joes. Please give it to some reputed paint shop only! My 2 cents. Rest, its your call...

Also, be gentle on your baby GTR for first few days till you get a complete hang of her, will yaa!
Thanks for your concern but I get the paint made myself and have used this particular paint store for ages for all my other cars including the Fiat 500 E class and the mighty 7er !! Of course for small damage, the big ones I send to Delhi !!
Old 7th September 2011, 22:33   #18
BHPian

Some random pics I just took with my phone !!
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan 370Z-photo-12.jpg  

Nissan 370Z-photo-23.jpg  

Nissan 370Z-photo-32.jpg  

Nissan 370Z-photo-5.jpg  

Nissan 370Z-photo-4.jpg  

Nissan 370Z-photo-22.jpg  

omaragra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 22:35   #19
BHPian

sorry for the upside down pics but for some reason my computer is not uploading them correctly !!

Also these 2 pics I took. One is during the paint repair process and the second one is the completed one !!
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan 370Z-photo-11.jpg  

Attached Images

omaragra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 22:51   #20
BHPian

Boy! what a car! Just love the alloys and colour of the seats. You are really lucky and I am just envious of you. But do you really get stretches of road to drive this brute. Congrats and drive safe.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 23:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

OMG!! That looks drop dead gorgeous!! Congrats on your new steed! And a class apart indeed. Drive Safe.
Old 7th September 2011, 23:45   #22
Team-BHP Support

Now that's a fantastic colour on an equally fantastic car! The Nissan 350Z was one of my favourite cars a few years ago, and the 370Z has lived up to my expectations. It's edgy, raw, and very masculine, unlike the SLK. Even the Z4 is a 'unisex' car, if you will!

But this. This now, is a proper man's car.

Can't wait for the new exhaust. The blackened rear panel now looks great. Gives it a good stance, and it has lost that 'rear-heavy' look that I disliked about the 370Z. In fact, you should send a letter and a picture of the rear to Nissan's HQ and tell them that they'd forgotten to do something!

Congratulations! Drive safe, and keep those idiotic two-wheelers out of the car's way!

Quote:
So Why the Z ??

I had been doing my research for the past 2 years and had been talking to my friends doing Motorsport engineering in Oxford. The options I had in India were the Audi TT, EVO X, Z4 and the 370Z on my list. All are 4 very different cars but then out of the 4 I would say the TT and the Z4 are very good fast cars but not true sports cars.
I wouldn't agree with you on this, though.

The Z4 is as good a drivers' car can get. It's possibly, one of the best sports cars around. Supernatural handling (it's a BMW, duh!) and a wonderful 6-cylinder engine. The Z is a great drivers' car too, but the Z4 is ahead. but not by much. The Audi TT on the other hand is a good drivers' car too. Its Quattro gives it unmatched grip, but it doesn't have the balance or the poise of either the Z4 or the 370Z.

I'm surprised you didn't check out the Porsche Cayman. Also available in the same price bracket and is powered by a brilliant Boxer-6 lump. It IS, the best handling car in the World.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th September 2011 at 23:52.
Old 8th September 2011, 00:05   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Now that's a fantastic colour on an equally fantastic car! The Nissan 350Z was one of my favourite cars a few years ago, and the 370Z has lived up to my expectations. It's edgy, raw, and very masculine, unlike the SLK. Even the Z4 is a 'unisex' car, if you will!

But this. This now, is a proper man's car.

Can't wait for the new exhaust. The blackened rear panel now looks great. Gives it a good stance, and it has lost that 'rear-heavy' look that I disliked about the 370Z. In fact, you should send a letter and a picture of the rear to Nissan's HQ and tell them that they'd forgotten to do something!

Congratulations! Drive safe, and keep those idiotic two-wheelers out of the car's way!

I wouldn't agree with you on this, though.

The Z4 is as good a drivers' car can get. It's possibly, one of the best sports cars around. Supernatural handling (it's a BMW, duh!) and a wonderful 6-cylinder engine. The Z is a great drivers' car too, but the Z4 is ahead. but not by much. The Audi TT on the other hand is a good drivers' car too. Its Quattro gives it unmatched grip, but it doesn't have the balance or the poise of either the Z4 or the 370Z.

I'm surprised you didn't check out the Porsche Cayman. Also available in the same price bracket and is powered by a brilliant Boxer-6 lump. It IS, the best handling car in the World.
I am a bit biased towards japanese stuff specially cars and girls, lol!! Been to Japan and will go again next year, got some good friends there !!

Guys should I get the front grill painted glossy black too, to look a bit more aggressive (GTR type) ?

Something like in this picture
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan 370Z-chuckd05albumspicturespicture33169rolling2.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 9th September 2011 at 20:06. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 8th September 2011, 00:12   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am a bit biased towards japanese stuff specially cars and girls, lol!! Been to Japan and will go again next year, got some good friends there !!
That's pretty evident by the cars you own, barring the cuddly Fiat 500.

I'm a big Jap-fan as well. One of my all time favourite sports cars happens to be the brilliant Honda NSX. It's a pity that they don't make 'em anymore. The Japs are good at making exotics too.

Take a look at the Lexus LFA. It's a mind blowing car, packed with the best tech and engineering. And that scream from those 3 exhaust pipes makes your ears bleed. Sigh.
Old 8th September 2011, 00:14   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That's pretty evident by the cars you own, barring the cuddly Fiat 500.

I'm a big Jap-fan as well. One of my all time favourite sports cars happens to be the brilliant Honda NSX. It's a pity that they don't make 'em anymore. The Japs are good at making exotics too.

Take a look at the Lexus LFA. It's a mind blowing car, packed with the best tech and engineering. And that scream from those 3 exhaust pipes makes your ears bleed. Sigh.
Already did man !! The LFA has this unique sound, never heard something like that before !!
Old 19th September 2011, 12:30   #26
BHPian

Hi Omaragra,
Awaiting your detailed review.
Which petrol? regular or high octane?
Old 19th September 2011, 13:26   #27
BHPian

Congrats on the car.. I used to own a 350Z in my college days in US, and must say you cannot go wrong with a Z.

However, for the price in India, you could have easily gotten a Boxter or a Cayman, which IMHO is a far superior and refined sports coupe and definately more VFM than the 370Z.

370Z is not a bad car, its GREAT infact, and is great VFM at the US price of $34-35K. but in India at 64Lacs I can get a boxter which is much more worth the moolah in terms of performance and fit n finish and definately refinement!!
Old 22nd September 2011, 22:50   #28
BHPian

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply. I was away in the UK attending a wedding.

The new louder exhaust has been delivered and I am also installing the K&N typhoon intake.

Am going to Autopsyche and Arush will install it for me.

Will post pics once the job is done !!
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:34   #29
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@ Omar - Absolutely loved the car. Congrats on the new drive. Wish you a million miles of happy and safe driving.

Quote:
Yes on the driver seat there is a bit of "loose" leather !! But being a leather shoe manufacturer, It's not too bad and I didnt want to make a big fuss about it. I did make sure I was getting a brand new car and not a slightly used demo one !!
Good to see another BHPian from the Leather Industry. Though not very clear in the pictures, the perforated leather looks more like a Nubuck or a suede and possibly it is the writing effect.
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
@ Omar - Absolutely loved the car. Congrats on the new drive. Wish you a million miles of happy and safe driving.

Good to see another BHPian from the Leather Industry. Though not very clear in the pictures, the perforated leather looks more like a Nubuck or a suede and possibly it is the writing effect.
thanks !! Yup suede and its pretty good quality nothing cheap !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks