Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 23:36   #1
BHPian

Nissan 370Z

Finally the baby GTR is here !! My own 370Z

I had wanted a powerful car for a very long time. After driving some real fast ones like the R8, F430, 911 Turbo, Mini John Cooper Works, in the UK and also going for lots of track days while I was still studying there, I just became more and more irritated for not having one here in India

It took me almost 2 years to persuade my dad to get me something fast/powerful as he thought it was not the right time and also he didn't understand all these cars. He is more of the E class and & 7 series guy which he owns and loves. I don't blame him as its not his field of interest and he is always busy so perhaps he never got the time to develop an interest in this area.

But 2 weeks back for some uncanny reason my dad agreed to get me something fast !! (My younger Bro helped me too haha)

So Why the Z ??

I had been doing my research for the past 2 years and had been talking to my friends doing Motorsport engineering in Oxford. The options I had in India were the Audi TT, EVO X, Z4 and the 370Z on my list. All are 4 very different cars but then out of the 4 I would say the TT and the Z4 are very good fast cars but not true sports cars. The EVO X is something completely unique but super crazily priced with not even the basic service backup. I would still love to own one as I have driven one quiet a few times in the UK and oh boy it is a beast in a sheep’s skin !! Now the only one left was the 370Z, of course no test drives in India but once again I test drove both the Auto and Manual in the UK and I just fell in love with this awesome machine.

I have to say that the car looks nothing special in pictures but it looks so much better in flesh, specially from the side !!

The Booking

I booked my car from Nath Nissan in New Delhi, who had a red Auto on Display and for sale, but I wanted a manual in White !! They were kind of persuading me to get the red one and were not bothered to check with Nissan India for Stock. Initially I had wanted a manual white but it would had taken 3-4 months to arrive from Japan, but I did my research and found a Blade silver manual in Bangalore and managed to get Nath Nissan to get it for me from there. Took 10 days and the car was here.

Initial Impressions:

One word: AWESOME !!!!!

The ride is a bit hard, but then it’s a sports car. There could had been a bit more sound proofing too, as on the highway there is wind noise. But all is forgiven because this car is just fabulous. The hard ride the wind noise all disappears with a bit of music from the radio and the grunt of the engine!!

The ground clearance is not a very major issue as long it is driven carefully and if potholes cannot be avoided, taking the car slowly over them just solves the issue.

The steering is a bit tight like a go-kart and this makes it fun as the car feels in control. The gear knob is a small short shifter, once again gives you the feeling of control of the car.

The best thing about the gear is the Synchro-rev match. What this does basically is blips the throttle to match the engine speed (check YouTube). Sounds so aggressive when coming down from higher gears to the lower ones.

The sound system from Bose is pretty decent, I am not much of the music guy but I do play music while driving so its ok for me. The 8 speaker setup fills the cabin with some perfect sounding tunes without distorting them.

The dark orange interior goes quiet well with the exterior blade silver colour. The seats are comfy and both the driver and the passenger sit very low, almost feels like touching the ground but then after a day or two I got used to it .

The seats are full leather and are heated too. They are semi electric, only to move the sears forward/backward and adjust the back.

he Wheels are 19 inches Forged alloys from Rays and the spare is a 18 incher but only for temporary use !!

The car also comes with a comfort access keyless entry system. So no need to take the key out of the pocket and to start the car just depress the clutch and press the engine start button.

The only one major issue I have with the car is the lack of sporty sound from the exhaust, its just not there at all!!! It sounds loud only at higher rpms but it needs more aggression.

I have ordered a new exhaust from the USA, which will take 3 weeks to arrive and then the car will be really ready !!

Its been only a few days since I got the car, I will update this thread with lots of more pics in a few days.

Once again thanks to everyone here

Last edited by omaragra : 7th September 2011 at 01:20.
omaragra is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 01:23   #2
BHPian

Re: Nissan 370Z

some pictures !! I will add lots more as I take them
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan 370Z-image1.jpeg  

Nissan 370Z-image2.jpeg  

Nissan 370Z-image.jpeg  

Nissan 370Z-photo-1.jpg  

Nissan 370Z-photo-21.jpg  

Nissan 370Z-photo-3.jpg  

Nissan 370Z-323749_10150776305440413_797015412_20497684_4184191_o.jpg  

omaragra is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 10:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!Love the seats and the alloys!The 370Z has been pretty slow selling india,no doubt swamped by the Z4.What about the new SLK,did you consider that?

Like the 370Z something different from the dozens of Z4s(and Beetles!),and yes that synchro-rev match thing is brilliant,they demonstrated it on Top gear.So how now the Fiat 500 will get less of your time?..

Is the car going to be based in Agra?good roads nearby?
Old 7th September 2011, 10:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

omaragra, you took the delivery on Sunday late evening from Nath Nissan, didn't you!

I was there with a friend who got his Teana delivered the same day. I was wearing a red 'Washington Capitals' tee! If you remember I had told you that I had never thought this color will look so good on Z but when I saw it in flash, I was floored. Your car was looking more handsome than the other red Z standing the showroom!

Congrats mate and have fun with her. Do keep this thread updated with your experience with Nissan. Driving on NH8 in a 370Z will be a lot of fun but be careful with potholes.

Buzz me whenever you are in Delhi again and we can catch up!

EDIT: in your 2nd pic, the guy seen on top of roof of your Z, thats me!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 7th September 2011 at 10:27.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:42   #5
superveloce

Congrats Omargra

You are building quite a collection for yourself. I think this is a fantastic buy and a hugely practical one at that. Also personally i love the silver colour on this one more than the white.
Do update on how the 500 is doing as well. And if possible pls do a photoshoot with your collection as of now. (7,E, 500, 370Z)

Old 7th September 2011, 10:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

The 370Z is a fabulous choice and you have just made the right decision as far as uniqueness is concerned. This car will turn heads whereever you go. As far as the exhaust noise, I agree. I once saw a 370Z pass me in a highway with hardly any noise coming out of its rear. I wasn't expecting something of the sort of R8 or Murcielago, but there was nothing. Good that you have ordered aftermarket exhausts for this beast.

Love the car, love the color and those delicious looking alloys. Glued to this thread!
Old 7th September 2011, 10:56   #7
BHPian

Congrats Omargra,
370 Z is my dream machine. Your car looks fabulous with those orange seats.
Anyday I will prefer 370 over Z4 and TT. In UK & US you will get protection strip for front bumper lip (which gets damaged most)
Which exhaust you bought?

Happy miles ahead.
Old 7th September 2011, 11:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Congratulations on owning the beast - Nissan 370Z.

Please do some more nice pictures of your car.

Wishing you happy and safe association with your 370Z.
Old 7th September 2011, 11:49   #9
BHPian

had a chance to photoshoot this beauty !
superb machine !...

Driven: Nissan 370Z
Old 7th September 2011, 13:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what a car. Enjoy her to the fullest. Also post interior pics whenever possible.
Old 7th September 2011, 13:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Omaragra,

Congratulation on the beauty/beast. You got one hell of a car. Looks absolutely drool worthy esp the alloys. Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

Will keep a watch on this thread post the exhaust fit. More interior pics please. BTW did I see a smear on the seats or is it the crease?
Old 7th September 2011, 16:07   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
omaragra, you took the delivery on Sunday late evening from Nath Nissan, didn't you!

I was there with a friend who got his Teana delivered the same day. I was wearing a red 'Washington Capitals' tee! If you remember I had told you that I had never thought this color will look so good on Z but when I saw it in flash, I was floored. Your car was looking more handsome than the other red Z standing the showroom!

Congrats mate and have fun with her. Do keep this thread updated with your experience with Nissan. Driving on NH8 in a 370Z will be a lot of fun but be careful with potholes.

Buzz me whenever you are in Delhi again and we can catch up!

EDIT: in your 2nd pic, the guy seen on top of roof of your Z, thats me!
Thanks mate !! Sorry I can't seem to make out your face from the picture but I am happy to know that a fellow Bhpian was there with me during the delivery of the car !! Yes I will be careful with the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Omaragra,

Congratulation on the beauty/beast. You got one hell of a car. Looks absolutely drool worthy esp the alloys. Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

Will keep a watch on this thread post the exhaust fit. More interior pics please. BTW did I see a smear on the seats or is it the crease?

Yes on the driver seat there is a bit of "loose" leather !! But being a leather shoe manufacturer, It's not too bad and I didnt want to make a big fuss about it. I did make sure I was getting a brand new car and not a slightly used demo one !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
The 370Z is a fabulous choice and you have just made the right decision as far as uniqueness is concerned. This car will turn heads whereever you go. As far as the exhaust noise, I agree. I once saw a 370Z pass me in a highway with hardly any noise coming out of its rear. I wasn't expecting something of the sort of R8 or Murcielago, but there was nothing. Good that you have ordered aftermarket exhausts for this beast.

Love the car, love the color and those delicious looking alloys. Glued to this thread!
Thanks !! Yes the car doesn't sound good at all unfortunately !! I will get the new exhaust by the end of this month !!

Last edited by aah78 : 4th December 2011 at 21:01. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 7th September 2011, 16:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

I have to admit that i never liked the 370z in the pictures, but when i saw one in person at Orion Nissan in Navi Mumbai it looked smashing, sleek and sexy. The car is lower than what it appears from the pictures. It was a black one with orange interiors. Congrats!
Old 7th September 2011, 17:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy! That's the best color to have on a Z. Glad you are getting new exhausts(I hope loud ones ) since the stock exhausts just do not justify the performance of this car.
Awaiting more pictures and a performance review
Old 7th September 2011, 20:11   #15
BHPian

Thanks guys !!

I will take loads of pics this weekend !!

BTW something terrible happened yesterday which I did not mention before. One stupid biker came out of nowhere in front of my z and then he panicked and braked hard. His biked slipped and banged right into the front of my Z !!

Luckily he was not hurt but I had a good Go at him (no physical voilance as I don't believe in that !!), some other people on the road came rushing and screamed at the guy too !!

Anyways the incident left a few black deep scratches in my car and I was upset but I took a bold step and got it fixed at a local garage here.

I have used their services before and the colouring guy there has a very good hand !! He did an excellent job and you guys wont believe, it just costed me 1000 rupees to get the job done (it was surprising for me too). A similar job would had costed thousands in the official body shop or a hi-fi one !!

He came and did all the work at my office parking as I didnt want to send the car to the garage because it is located in a cramped place and also hoards of people just want to check the car out !!

I also asked him to paint the rear diffuser black and I think it makes the car look a bit more sporty at the back. I will post the pics in just a bit !!
omaragra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks