Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 19:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A confused soul finally decides to go the Honda City way!

Brilliant car with now brilliant pricing is selling like hot cakes Congrats on buying the best petrol sedan south of 10L !

And even i don't agree with the acceleration bit. This car has a brute of an engine, it could keep up with my Cedia on the highway which very few cars can do. And which SUVs are you talking about ? Barring BMW's/Audi's/Merc's, no other SUV has the acceleration to match sedans. They might look brute but on the highway you will soon leave them to dust
Old 27th September 2011, 20:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
I've done 750kms till now and the mileage is 10.7 kmpl (two tankfuls). I hope it improves.

Enjoying every moment!

Will upload pics in the next few days.
Welcome to the club mate. You have definitely made a wise decision in choosing ANHC. I am sure with time, you will get bonded with the beauty like how I have fallen for it.

Looking for more stuff from your end.

Cheers,
Kiran
Old 27th September 2011, 20:51   #18
BHPian

I bought ANHC because my father had arthritis and this was the car that was best for him in terms of leg-space, easy ingress/egress and seat height. There was no other reason to buy that car (then) - I was a public basher of the new honda city, earlier.

Now, I am in LOVE with the car. None of the 'What I don't like' matters. I replaced my Ford Ikon 1.6 ROCAM ZXI with this city. City will guarantee a ear-to-ear grin everytime you take it out for a spin. Boy, what a car! The car's VTEC growl after 4K is pure music to my ears. The car is very spacious and airy too. It is in a totally different league compared to fiesta (except for handling) - I upsized my tires and the handling is pretty good too!

Wishing you tons of fun with the City!
Old 28th September 2011, 09:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@raj

Please do upload some pics of your ride.

What confused me is that how did you do the TBHP checklist on just the booking amount of the Etios. Didn't the Toyota dealer promised to take care of the flaws or did they not attempt to allot you a different car with less on the odo.

Also regarding your reverse parking mirror, was it not clipped to the OEM IRVM? What brand is the reverse parking sensors you opted for?
@ghodlur -
1) Pictures coming next week. Will click some over the weekend.
2) I insisted on doing a pre payment inspection of the vehicle. They took special approvals and permitted me to carry out the inspection before balance payment. The dealer did want me to try a different car but I had already made up my mind to cancel the booking.
3) The reverse parking mirror is clipped to the OEM IRVM. They are of Blackcat brand. I'm going to ask the service centre to do something about this in the 1st service. Will keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
congrats for New City Purchase.
Well it was very well thought decision to go for Petrol if you dont have much running.
City is pleasure to sit inside and drive. you get peace of mind as well with Honda aftersales.
enjoy the drive.
Thanks Nicky. I'm yet to experience Honda aftersales. Hopefully, they will not disappoint me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Congrats on your City, very good and wise choice you have made and will not regret (except when the petrol prices increase). What color did you choose? Regarding dead pedal problem, try using a smaller width footwear (shoes/sandals) while driving and try to keep the foot little away from the dead pedal. You will get the knack of this trick quickly and it is a matter of time. Michelin tires is the best among the choices offered by Honda, please wait for sometime for the tire wear and then make a conclusion. What are the upgrades and accessories planned?
HC
@Habanero City
1) Thanks for your wishes. You're right. I'm dreading another price rise in petrol I chose the Urban Titanium colour.
2) I'm trying to keep my sole turned in to get used to the clutch. Hope I get used to it.
3) I hope the Michelins stop making noise soon. I've done 800km on the odo. Will give you an update.
4) Sun films are the only additional accessories planned as of now. Prabhuferrari has recommended 3D kagu mats and I shall perhaps look at that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I don't agree with your point "The City is not in the league of the Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 petrol when it comes to pick up and acceleration." .

Speed and acceleration ANHC beats Ford fiesta or any other car in this segment. It can reach 100 kmph in 10 seconds, no other car in this segment has matched till now. Even new verna with more bhp dont reach 100 kmph as fast as ANHC. But yes, fiesta handling is better.
@shamanth - May be you are right. Since I drove both the Fiesta and City on different days, its an opinion that may not be fully accurate. For some reason however, i found the acceleration on the Ford to be absolutely top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Hi Raj,

Congratulations on your City. Wish you many happy miles with the beauty. For floor mats try getting the 3D Kagu mats. They are supposed to be extremely good.
thanks Prabhuferrari. 3D Kagu mats will be next accessory on my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the ANHC club.

1) My MRFs are noisy too.

2) Completely agree on the downshift to 1st and 2nd. I still feel hesitant gear slotting for the lower gears especially on cold starts. And this is after a clutch bleeding (SA claims it was done) during the 1st service.

6) Auto lock is sorely a missing feature. Much more than the ACC I think.

Of late I have started to notice a little bit of engine sound. Wonder if it is because no oil change was done during the 1st service?

For a temporary measure I went with the transparent rubber mats (over the OEM fabric mats) from Reliance Autozone. Not in the league of Kagu 3D mats I suppose, but they are doing their job.
Your views resonate with me. I'm definitely going to insist on clutch bleeding in the 1st service. and will look at alternate mats as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Congrats Raj on your new purchase. The City is indeed a gem of a car which was a bit overpriced but with the recent prices cuts,it's worth each buck it charges. Some features are surely missed. I hope those are incorporated in the refresh version around the corner.

I wonder why you didn't wait for the refreshed version to get launched(you mentioned you were not in a hurry for a new car-but you won't have got the discounts on it though)?
Thanks Ashis. It was more a decision based on the quantum of discounts and I did not think twice before booking.

Last edited by raj_srini : 28th September 2011 at 09:32.
raj_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 05:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Congratulation. Quite a journey you have had on your search for sedan. I think you have covered almost all the sedans and picked the best of the lot I can say. Looking forward to the detailed photos.
Thanks vists_qjd. Some journey indeed. Pics coming next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition! A City is really a good and sensible choice. A decision you wouldn't regret. Happy motoring.

PS: Your PM made my day.Feels good to know that I have contributed in a small way to your decision process
thanks sachin. I complete a month with the new City now and it feels wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Many congrats, Raj_srini. Honda City, post the discounts, has become an extremely VFM petrol vehicle and I am sure you took the right decision. And it is one of the best looking cars in town.

Hey, where are the pics? Please post some pics ASAP.
Thanks NoRules. Pics coming early next week. In hindsight, I think I made the decision at the right time. (Discounts have dipped in September )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
How much did this cost

I am surprised. Please check if this is fitted correctly. I never encounter this problem

I also encountered this earlier but one gets used to it

I've done 750kms till now and the mileage is 10.7 kmpl (two tankfuls). I hope it improves.

Please follow the tips given by @mdsaab. I was able to improve my mileage from 11.5 with AC in heavy traffic to 13.5
@mm403 -
1) I paid Rs.8.18 lacs On the road Delhi.
2) On the parking sensor mirror issue, I have now given Blackcat a call and they are sending someone over to have a look at the problem.
3) I'll look at mdsaab post. Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Actually thats not correct. If memory serves correct one of the auto reviews - its available on YoutTube - maybe autocar did a straight sprint to 100 and the new Verna clocked in faster than the city by 0.50 seconds or something - barely a difference but for petrol heads thats enough i guess

will post the link if i can find it again - or rather live through buffering!
How do the reviews compare it to the Fiesta. Is is just in my head or is the Fiesta actually faster? Thanks for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Congratulations on the ANHC!

8.18 lakhs is a really good deal for SMT. Is it inclusive of the accessories?
We need pictures though.

Good thing you got the RSA and Extended Warranty; you never how well it comes handy.

Don't worry about the mileage; I consistently get ~14 with 100% a/c in Gurgaon heat and traffic.

PS : Sold the Corsa? Sacrilege! (I still have my Sail )

The Michelins are noisy, no doubt. 3M underbody coating is hog-wash, waste of money. Vehicles in NCR don't need it.

Really? Have it checked, the mirror in mine doesn't shake that much.

I have Blackcat reverse sensors too. Btw, the display on the mirror went off exactly a few days after warranty expired (1 yr). Be careful and get it replaced the moment you notice the fading of the readings. Else, it costs 1400.

It is indeed a pain; you have to rely completely on the mirrors and sensors; or make someone guide you.

You should have it checked during 1st free service; the fitting seems inappropriate.

Now leave aside all this and begin a great ownership period!
1) Thanks Libran. i was closely following your thread since you were one of the few migrating from GM to Honda.
2) The price is exclusive of accessories. I paid extra for RoadSide Assist, Extended Warranty, gear lock and parking sensors & the 3M underbody coating.
3) I hope I don't have to worry about the mileage. Quick question. How much would I need to do further on the Odo before I get to the 14kmpl?
4) I already have a Zen at home. With parking problems aplenty in Vasant Kunj, where I stay, retaining Corsa would have been a challenge. Also, the vehicle became a money guzzler on maintenance in it's last legs.
5) I'll have a look for the readings fading in the parking sensors. The guys are paying a visit tomorrow.
6) No more bitching about the car, I agree Now for the enjoyment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Brilliant car with now brilliant pricing is selling like hot cakes Congrats on buying the best petrol sedan south of 10L !

And even i don't agree with the acceleration bit. This car has a brute of an engine, it could keep up with my Cedia on the highway which very few cars can do. And which SUVs are you talking about ? Barring BMW's/Audi's/Merc's, no other SUV has the acceleration to match sedans. They might look brute but on the highway you will soon leave them to dust
Thanks Ethanhunt. You may be right. I perhaps would not have been racing fast enough to keep pace with the SUV's. Endeavour/Fortuner. I would'nt dare to pick up a racing contest with them to check whether my feeling is right or not (especially with road rage accidents on simple issues hitting the news now )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Welcome to the club mate. You have definitely made a wise decision in choosing ANHC. I am sure with time, you will get bonded with the beauty like how I have fallen for it.

Looking for more stuff from your end.

Cheers,
Kiran
thanks for your wishes Kiran. How old is your City?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I bought ANHC because my father had arthritis and this was the car that was best for him in terms of leg-space, easy ingress/egress and seat height. There was no other reason to buy that car (then) - I was a public basher of the new honda city, earlier.

Now, I am in LOVE with the car. None of the 'What I don't like' matters. I replaced my Ford Ikon 1.6 ROCAM ZXI with this city. City will guarantee a ear-to-ear grin everytime you take it out for a spin. Boy, what a car! The car's VTEC growl after 4K is pure music to my ears. The car is very spacious and airy too. It is in a totally different league compared to fiesta (except for handling) - I upsized my tires and the handling is pretty good too!

Wishing you tons of fun with the City!
Thanks Sriram. I'm hoping to overcome the few hitches soon and enjoy the car as well.

Which tyre size and tyre brand did you upsize to? Did you mount them on alloys or the steel rims?
Old 29th September 2011, 05:55   #21
BHPian

Went for my first service yesterday afternoon. The blackcat guys are paying a visit today to look the the parking sensor mirror issue.

I asked the aftersales guys to do a clutch bleeding and the downshifting ease from 2nd to 1st has improved (though it has not fully gone.)

I also asked the 3M guys to do a topup underbody coating just to make sure that there are no uncovered areas. (For whatever it is worth). Trying to squeeze value out of the wasted money

I also asked them about the reflection issues in the front windshield and visibility issues through the rear windshield. Didn't get a straight answer. Will have to live with it , I guess. A question for other Honda City owners please - Do you have this problem of the dashboard reflection in the front windshield affecting visibility. Is there a remedy to it? And if we keep the rear defogger running for a long period of time, is that ok?
Old 29th September 2011, 07:56   #22
Team-BHP Support

Zen, Corsa, ANHC : we have the same garage!

Quote:
3) I hope I don't have to worry about the mileage. Quick question. How much would I need to do further on the Odo before I get to the 14kmpl?
5) I'll have a look for the readings fading in the parking sensors. The guys are paying a visit tomorrow.
3) By the time your 1st free service is done, I think you'll start seeing rapid improvements in the FE. Be sure to upshift at correct RPMs (~2.5-3 k); with that and steady driving, ANHC should surprise you with how fuel efficient it can be.

5) Wait, is there a problem already?!

Quote:
I also asked them about the reflection issues in the front windshield and visibility issues through the rear windshield. Didn't get a straight answer. Will have to live with it , I guess. A question for other Honda City owners please - Do you have this problem of the dashboard reflection in the front windshield affecting visibility. Is there a remedy to it? And if we keep the rear defogger running for a long period of time, is that ok?
Yes, the reflection on the windscreen due to the dash is a problem; drive in the sun and you'll be blinded. Unfortunately, I doubt there's an easy solution to it. Either apply a matt polish to it or wait for it to fade.

Rear defogger should ideally be running as long as the rear windscreen is fogged up. Once it clears (max. 10min), it's best you switch the defogger off.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 09:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Sriram. I'm hoping to overcome the few hitches soon and enjoy the car as well.

Which tyre size and tyre brand did you upsize to? Did you mount them on alloys or the steel rims?
Michelin LC - 195 / 60 / R15. I got the V so, it is alloys. Very silent and comfortable. I did not get Michelins with my city, so, the exchange value was not that great. But I am glad I upgraded - Better road grip, handling, braking and a nice silent cabin for my parents.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 10:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

The following source pegs the City faster by about 1.5 seconds in a 0-100 kmph sprint , but mentions that the top speed capability for the fiesta is better

2010 Honda City vs 2011 Ford Fiesta, 2010 Honda City price in India, 2011 Ford Fiesta price in India

Quote:
How do the reviews compare it to the Fiesta. Is is just in my head or is the Fiesta actually faster? Thanks for this.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 11:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:

thanks for your wishes Kiran. How old is your City?
My ANHC will be 7 months next week. Have done 6.1K so far and am planning to do another 1K atleast during the holiday outings next week
Old 29th September 2011, 12:39   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Actually thats not correct. If memory serves correct one of the auto reviews - its available on YoutTube - maybe autocar did a straight sprint to 100 and the new Verna clocked in faster than the city by 0.50 seconds or something - barely a difference but for petrol heads thats enough i guess

will post the link if i can find it again - or rather live through buffering!
Initial pick Fluidic is bit more, but when it reaches 100 kmph ANHC would have overtaken it. That is what its been shown in Car and bike show. ANHC Manual can make it in 10 secs, ANHC AT can make it in 11 secs. Fluidic can make it in 10.88 secs.
Old 29th September 2011, 12:53   #27

hey congrats on your new city.
10.7 mileage is pretty decent if you mostly do urban commutes.
some of my friends who have bought the city recently dont seem to be getting more than 8.5, in Mumbai.
With regards to the vibrating mirror, its a common case with many such units. It would be advisable to go for another unit that is placed elsewhere on the dash.
All the best mate.
Old 29th September 2011, 22:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Zen, Corsa, ANHC : we have the same garage!

3) By the time your 1st free service is done, I think you'll start seeing rapid improvements in the FE. Be sure to upshift at correct RPMs (~2.5-3 k); with that and steady driving, ANHC should surprise you with how fuel efficient it can be.

5) Wait, is there a problem already?!

Yes, the reflection on the windscreen due to the dash is a problem; drive in the sun and you'll be blinded. Unfortunately, I doubt there's an easy solution to it. Either apply a matt polish to it or wait for it to fade.

Rear defogger should ideally be running as long as the rear windscreen is fogged up. Once it clears (max. 10min), it's best you switch the defogger off.
1) Hey!! Same pinch.
2) I got the 1st service done yesterday. I'm going to keep a tab on the mileage. And I'm going to keep an eye on the tacho. Quick question, I usually upshift around the 1.7k to 2K mark. Do you think this adversely affects the mileage?
3) The problem with the mirror is the vibration. The blackcat guy paid a visit today and is replacing the mirror in the next few days. I hope that solves the problem.
4) What rotten luck. I was hoping there would be a better solution that allowing it to fade for the reflection problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomonstar View Post
hey congrats on your new city.
10.7 mileage is pretty decent if you mostly do urban commutes.
some of my friends who have bought the city recently dont seem to be getting more than 8.5, in Mumbai.
With regards to the vibrating mirror, its a common case with many such units. It would be advisable to go for another unit that is placed elsewhere on the dash.
All the best mate.
Thank phenomonstar for your wishes. On the mileage, I am envying people like libran who are getting 14kmpl in Gurgaon roads. I hope the mileage improves. He surely must be doing something right that the Mumbaikars are not
Old 29th September 2011, 22:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
My ANHC will be 7 months next week. Have done 6.1K so far and am planning to do another 1K atleast during the holiday outings next week
Do you have an ownership report that I can lean on for advice?
Old 29th September 2011, 23:07   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quick question, I usually upshift around the 1.7k to 2K mark. Do you think this adversely affects the mileage?
I think the engine would be struggling at 1.7 - 2k; try to upshift at 2.5k rpm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks