Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2011, 01:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Say hello to Pablo, my Silver Hyundai i20 Asta 1.4 AT

Minor update. Pablo gave me 10.54 KMPL measured today at the last tankful. Now to crack the 11 barrier.

You can now resume your normal duties.
Old 6th April 2020, 09:13   #32
BHPian

Reopening this thread.
First of all the way you stitch your words in each post is Phenomenal.
The reason I reopened this thread is because I too owned a 2010 I20 Asta 1.2. What a beautiful piece of machinery with amazing build quality and highway manners. Unfortunately the gearbox was a faulty one and the problems never ended. Had to sell it 2 years back.
This thread bought back memories :")
What's the update on Pablo?
Attaching a picture because I can't help myself
Attached Thumbnails
Say hello to Pablo, my Silver Hyundai i20 Asta 1.4 AT-img_20170714_163808.jpg  

Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 10:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Reopening this thread...What's the update on Pablo?
Thanks for the kind words, Sreesh.

God, talk about a blast from the past! Pablo remains in the family, taking a kicking and still motoring along happily, taking big gulps of fuel in the process. It has its drawbacks, but it's still very much a Hyundai; reliable, practical, comfortable and well-built, although not to German standards, which is understandable for a car of its age. It'll turn 10 in about a year from now. How time flies!

Like millions of Indians, my sister views a car as an appliance, sadly, and so when she needed a daily driver it was logical I hand over the keys to Pablo to her. She doesn't really car for zip, or gadgets, or handling, or steering feel or all those countless other bits we keep our finger on. She's had Pablo for the last 2 years or so, and she hasn't had a bad thing to say about it, save for the fact it drinks like a caged alcoholic released from lockdown.

I haven't seen Pablo, far less driven it, in the last 2 years or so. It's still chugging along with zero complaints, which is why mum and now my sister love it so much. It's only ever needed the regular services and that's it. Been absolutely fuss-free, don't even recall any electric bits failing on my watch. I've forgotten what that feels like after years of owning German cars!

I honestly don't miss the car though. Don't get me wrong, it's a great car in and of itself, but I could never really forge a connection with it. I have hope Hyundai will bring their fun cars here sometime soon-ish (hello, i30N!), and I'm willing to bet Pablo will still be rolling around town when that happens. I fear it's very near to the automotive equivalent of a cockroach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
That Silver Surfer's looking good! Shame it had to go, but I'm certain you've moved on to better things now, so small wins and all that!
iliketurtles is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks