Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2011, 18:52   #46
BHPian

Re: My better half's Hyundai i10 Asta Automatic: My first impressions

Having owned the K2 AT Sportz for just over a year, I can vouch for the fact that NVH goes for a toss the moment you need to get a quick move on, ie kickdown.

The problem here is the 4 gear setup, where almost invariably kickdown results in the car shifting to 5k rpm up in a lower gear.

Sounds quite sporty to the enthusiast....till you see the speedo at less than 100 after the fire and brimstone !

However I've never faced the issue of the A-pedal - guess ergonomic impressions do differ from person to person.
Old 1st November 2011, 18:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Are they 6' + drivers too?
i don't know. I dont think so. one person mentioned the pain his wife gets everyday because of it. odds are that she isn't 6 feet tall.

at any rate, I haven't said that its a problem for shorter folks. my wife certainly doesn't have this problem.

Last edited by Harbir : 1st November 2011 at 18:58.
Old 4th November 2011, 21:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
i don't know. I dont think so. one person mentioned the pain his wife gets everyday because of it. odds are that she isn't 6 feet tall.

at any rate, I haven't said that its a problem for shorter folks. my wife certainly doesn't have this problem.
Probably this is a genuine issue but not serious enough to most drivers. Santro was known to have the oddly positioned pedals (too close to seat). I have felt that at least in the i10 MT this problem remains to an extent.
Old 15th November 2011, 10:47   #49
BHPian

I suspect the i10 will get traded for a Fiesta hatchback if and when that car arrives. I was thinking Mini, but thats going to be a 25 lac car and its not suitable for parking out on the street as our cars have to be, nor is it suitable for handing over to parkingv walas at my wife's office (as it will have to be)

if the Fiesta hatchback comes with the 1.5 of the sedan, airbags and all power windows and power mirrors, the i10 will be roasted on the altar of Ford

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks