Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 19:23   #61
BHPian

Re: An Extensive Report of My VW Polo 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
hey RTM!
Did you take your car to the Lalbaug workshop? Even I want to get the Auto Door-Lock done. It's possible in the 1.2 Highline too, right?
And I got the debadging done from them only. There's no issue. No marks.
Yes I had this done at VW Downtown (Lalbaug). It should certainly be possible on a 1.2 Highline as well.

If you need my Service Managers name/number do send me a PM.

Regards,
RTM
Old 12th November 2011, 21:34   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Were you able to get the other features activated?
Hi Himanshu,

Got the following features activated today:
1 Auto locking at 15kmph - Done
2 Auto unlocking at ignition off - Done
3 Rear deck lid locking at 5kmph - Done
4 Audible feedback on locking (one honk) - Done
5 Audible feedback on unlocking (two honks) - Done
6 Single door opening on unlocking (driver side) - Done
7 Comfort indicators set to 5 (from 3) - Done

Features that could not be activated:
8 Anti-Pinch window feature – NOT Done
9 One-touch up/down power windows – NOT Done

I actually provided a long list of features but could get only some of them activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
I have two thoughts that I'd like to hear opinions on.

Everytime I operate the washer and wipers, the windscreen tends to collect washer fluid lines/smudges. They dont go despite repeated attempts to wash and wipe, and in fact only get worse. They are most prominent in front of the driver's side, and hence visibility (especially at night) becomes a hassle. Does anyone know why this is happening? The washer/wipers are supposed to clear the windscreen, not make it worse!

Get a windscreen treatment done, empty the wiper reservoir, refill with distilled water, use sonax clear view 1:100 windscreen washer fluid.

Also, the interior somehow manages to collect/show dust really easily (especially on the black surfaces and seats). Would anyone be able to recommend a small vacuum or something of that sort that could help get rid of the dust that keeps appearing inside the car?

Coido seems like a standard chinese brand, check it out on ebay.

PS - I really wish I wasn't so finicky about taking care of the car. I get paranoid at the slightest
Same here RTM
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 06:41   #63
BANNED

Are there any plans to launch Polo Blue Motion model anytime soon? With year end round the corner, will cars like Polo have depreciation benefits (I hope not, given the waitlist). In such case will the unlucky few who get delivery in dec will end up with a disadvantage?
Old 19th November 2011, 17:53   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hey RTM,

Glad to see this thread. I am in the process of purchasing the Polo 1.6 but before I take the plunge, I wanted to check with you about your after sales experience. Since we are both from Mumbai, you are the best person to help me out here. I have also sent you a PM on the same.
Old 28th November 2011, 22:28   #65
BHPian

It has been almost 3 months since I have owned my car, and so a brief update would be appropriate.

With the cost of petrol struggling to hit 3 figures, a 10 day trip abroad, and a really busy schedule, I have driven this car far less than I would like to. It has clocked a little under 1,500 kms so far, which averages my monthly usage to a figure of about 500 kms. The significant chunk of the run-in period is now coming to an end, and I must say I am happy with the way I have looked after the car during the run-in period. I have mastered the art of avoiding potholes, been very sparing with higher RPMs and have pampered it with a calm, fuel-efficient driving style. It continues to impress me, and I still crave to hit the road as much as possible. At the same time there are some issues with the car that have left me disappointed. Here they are :

1) The suspension is fussy. It squeaks and thuds at every opportunity. I am almost certain that this is not normal and there is something wrong that needs to be rectified. Even the smallest bump will be noticed. It does not absorb uneven surfaces like MOST other cars I sit in do, which makes me believe that something is certainly abnormal and needs to be looked at.

2) Night time visibility is a nightmare. The headlamps are useless, and the wiper fluid marks and swirls left on the windcreen (strangely only on the drivers side) magnifies the glare of an oncoming car's lamps. This leaves me unable to see what's ahead of me for a second or two, and that is truly very dangerous. I am thinking about replacing the lamps with white/LED lights, even at the cost of losing my warranty. I will even have the windscreen clayed and wiper fluid changed to see if the marks stop appearing.

3) Recently the car has started pulling to the left quite significantly. This is a known phenomena of the Polo, and it is said that the Apollo Aceleres are responsible for this. If I take my hands off the steering wheel, within a few metres I will find myself changing lanes even from the extreme right to the extreme left. I will see what the Service team says about this; a tyre change at the moment seems unlikely.

4) There is a funny sound coming from somewhere at the rear left of the car. It is a weird noise, which is something between the quick rattle of a loose object to the splashing about of a liquid. I have absolute no idea what this is or where it is coming from. It is noticeable especially when the car is empty and the rear wheels go over a tall or sharp bump. I suspect this to either be a suspension issue, or the moving about of some object in the boot.

5) Sometimes the gear lever just does not slot into first or reverse gears. The lever pushes towards the correct position but then does not slot into the gate just right. Only after bringing it back to neutral and then trying to slot it in again atleast 3 or 4 times does it finally slot in correctly. It is very frustrating when this happens as a traffic light turns green and the impatient taxi driver behind you uses his horn enough to wake up the dead.

The car has mainly been driven around in the city. About 2 weeks ago I did my first long drive with it - Mumbai - Pune. It was a joy to drive throughout all 4 hours of the journey. For two of us it was very comfortable, the expressway run was a pleasure (I didn't take it past 120, but it somehow felt that even then the action was yet to begin as it was longing to be pushed) and overtaking almost anything was very easy. The mileage returned was not all that hot for peaceful highway driving (overall 14 kmpl).

I have bought a tremendous variety of cleaning and maintenance products from the U.K to pamper the car with. I will write more on that when I actually get down to detailing the car myself (maybe after a few weeks when the car loses its factory shine).

To conclude this update, the more I drive the Polo, the more I am entranced by it. It really is fantastic and I am very happy with the decision. I would recommend this car to almost any buyer in this segment. Looking forward to driving a little more liberally now, and of course the first engine oil change which will take place shortly.
rtm_8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 15:56   #66
BHPian

is anyone aware of some email ID of any top-shot in VW, we are facing some serious attitude issues with local dealer.
Would be really appreciated, if you guys can help !!
Old 30th November 2011, 00:04   #67
Senior - BHPian

Does the reverse parking sensor come with any sort of display inside the car?
Old 30th November 2011, 12:07   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Does the reverse parking sensor come with any sort of display inside the car?

Reverse parking sensors as offered by VW, does not come with any visual indication.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 11:27   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu.csk View Post

By the way do you hear some sort of small sound(kind of very low vibrating sound) coming from the bonet when you try to accelerate after gear change. It will be there just for few seconds. I started hearing this only after i stopped listening to the music.
Vishnu, I have noticed the same issue in Polo 1.6 (driven 600 km). Did you get it sorted out, or found any information explaining the issue ? I have not yet called up service manager of VW Downtown, Bangalore.
shobhit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 16:01   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit View Post
Vishnu, I have noticed the same issue in Polo 1.6 (driven 600 km). Did you get it sorted out, or found any information explaining the issue ? I have not yet called up service manager of VW Downtown, Bangalore.

Hi Shobhit

I didnt ask the service personnel. Probabaly i might ask him when i meet him the next time. Will keep you updated on this
vishnu.csk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 20:26   #71
Team-BHP Support

Great thread. Was a fantastic read, and quite absorbing too.

You have a very tastefully done car. The art-leather looks great, and certainly is VFM too. The tints are just right. I wouldn't have gone in for anything darker. I need to see clearly, where I'm going. Privacy be damned.

A few things you might want to consider:

- Since you're unhappy with the head-lights, I suggest you get a set of projectors installed. In fact, if you've got time, go DIY! Projectors with HIDs would look stunning on your white Polo. Avoid the angel-eye rings though.

- Debadge your ride. Don't worry about what he said. It isn't hard work and your Polo would look fantastic too.

- And go DIY on the brake calipers too! Buy a can of red/blue/yellow paint and spray the calipers yourself.

- Do consider changing the tyres of the car. And the wheels too, while you're at it. Gun-metal would be a good option for the wheels. Other than this option, you wouldn't really be spending too much on sprucing up your ride too *winks*
Old 27th April 2012, 12:01   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
2) Night time visibility is a nightmare. The headlamps are useless, and the wiper fluid marks and swirls left on the windcreen (strangely only on the drivers side) magnifies the glare of an oncoming car's lamps.

5) Sometimes the gear lever just does not slot into first or reverse gears. The lever pushes towards the correct position but then does not slot into the gate just right. Only after bringing it back to neutral and then trying to slot it in again atleast 3 or 4 times does it finally slot in correctly. It is very frustrating when this happens as a traffic light turns green and the impatient taxi driver behind you uses his horn enough to wake up the dead.
Hi RTM, Did you top up the engine oil during first 2000 kms? As the service interval of 15k is quite high, I think a couple of top ups would be required. If you could share the odo reading and oil requirement, it would be really helpful.

Also, regarding headlights, are there no viable options without voiding the warranty ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks