Re: Booked Toyota Etios Petrol, ended up buying Ford Figo Petrol

Hey, How is the car doing. I booked 1.2 ZXi. Waiting for delivery now
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:42   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Hey, How is the car doing. I booked 1.2 ZXi. Waiting for delivery now
My car is doing good. No issues so far though it has done only like 550km till now. I am loving its space, ride quality and comfort.
The only thing I don't like so far is its interior plastic quality. Other than this, I have no complaints.
All the best for your coming soon ZXi. An awesome Diwali purchase
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:53   #33
BHPian

Great, all the best. No mention of lack of performance, how it is? considering you are an petrolhead! :P
Old 24th October 2011, 03:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Great, all the best. No mention of lack of performance, how it is? considering you are an petrolhead! :P
I base performance not only on engine but also on overall things like body roll, brakes, handling and ability to inspire confidence.

Figo's low end torque performance is better than most cars today. Its performance under 90kph is great if not best. I never managed to test it above 90kph. I read that Figo's performance sucks only above 100kph. I don't intend to have fun with my car above 90kph so the engine is sufficient for me to have fun.
Now for the rest package, like a true Ford, it is simply amazing! A poor man's sports car! You can steer it at high speed, the stability is simply amazing, etc.

Plus, I also get to carry my family in sheer space and comfort (best in its class)
DevilsCry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 08:40   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I base performance not only on engine but also on overall things like body roll, brakes, handling and ability to inspire confidence.

Figo's low end torque performance is better than most cars today. Its performance under 90kph is great if not best. I never managed to test it above 90kph. I read that Figo's performance sucks only above 100kph. I don't intend to have fun with my car above 90kph so the engine is sufficient for me to have fun.
Now for the rest package, like a true Ford, it is simply amazing! A poor man's sports car! You can steer it at high speed, the stability is simply amazing, etc.
I second that! I had taken my Figo for a 400 km spin () yesterday on the Mumbai - Surat road. There were times when I have kept my foot on the accelerator and touched 120 without realizing it. I mean the car was as steady as a rock at those speeds! I had my music playing very loud so didn't hear any road noise either. And as you know, the road has curves too.. The car retains amazing steering control at even such high speeds!

(I hope I've not completely destroyed the running-in of my car)

Quote:
Plus, I also get to carry my family in sheer space and comfort (best in its class)
For the benefit of anyone who is considering buying the Figo:
The Figo has the best boot space in its segment for sure but, correct me of I'm wrong, the title for the best space is held by Indica.
I can very well relate with your thinking though, I have carried 3 friends at the back in comfort..
Old 24th October 2011, 13:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
I second that! I had taken my Figo for a 400 km spin () yesterday on the Mumbai - Surat road. There were times when I have kept my foot on the accelerator and touched 120 without realizing it. I mean the car was as steady as a rock at those speeds! I had my music playing very loud so didn't hear any road noise either. And as you know, the road has curves too.. The car retains amazing steering control at even such high speeds!

(I hope I've not completely destroyed the running-in of my car)
I am jealous! I still not have had a chance to take my car to a highway or a fun curvy road and Mumbai Surat road is supposed to be one of most fun roads in India. Indeed, as the speed increases, the car seems to be more stable! No matter what the speed is, the car can easily handle any corner.

Haha, so I am not the only one who is fearing if I have not completely destroyed the running-in of my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
For the benefit of anyone who is considering buying the Figo:
The Figo has the best boot space in its segment for sure but, correct me of I'm wrong, the title for the best space is held by Indica.
I can very well relate with your thinking though, I have carried 3 friends at the back in comfort..
Figo indeed has class-topping 284 liter boot space. Indica has largest space in rear but its ride quality and comfort is nowhere near to that of Figo IMO as I hate sitting in Indicabs.
Old 16th May 2012, 13:40   #37
BHPian

I recently booked Figo ZXI and was wondering whats the fuel efficiency you can expect from it. Also i am told that the suspension is fine-tuned to counter the low ground clearance (168mm) for the vehicles after december 2011. Any idea ?
Old 16th May 2012, 16:54   #38
BHPian

I just had a smile seeing the headline of the post. Thats exactly what had happened to me.

I had booked a Etios Petrol G ( SX) Variant ( When the price was announced and there was no vehicle to see ) but later cancelled it after getting the car

I ended up buying a Ford Figo Diesel EXI. And am really happy for doing that
Old 16th May 2012, 20:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
I recently booked Figo ZXI and was wondering whats the fuel efficiency you can expect from it. Also i am told that the suspension is fine-tuned to counter the low ground clearance (168mm) for the vehicles after december 2011. Any idea ?
Here in Delhi traffic, I get an average of 12kpl with full AC. Suspension is indeed stiffer than in earlier batch of Figo's. My Figo's belly doesn't scrap anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSOPS View Post
I just had a smile seeing the headline of the post. Thats exactly what had happened to me.

I had booked a Etios Petrol G ( SX) Variant ( When the price was announced and there was no vehicle to see ) but later cancelled it after getting the car

I ended up buying a Ford Figo Diesel EXI. And am really happy for doing that
And I thought I was the only one who did a thing like this
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 10:03   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Here in Delhi traffic, I get an average of 12kpl with full AC. Suspension is indeed stiffer than in earlier batch of Figo's. My Figo's belly doesn't scrap anywhere.
12kpl in city traffic with full AC looks to be a reasonable figure. Hope i too will be getting something similar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks