Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2011, 02:21   #16
BHPian

re: Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!

Better late than never, so here are the pics of my completely stock car:

Contrary to popular opinion, I find the car quite handsome:
Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0730.jpg

Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0733.jpg

Fog lamps are nice and functional. But as you can see the fit is not the best.
Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0734.jpg

ORVMs don't fold completely, this is the limit.
Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0737.jpg

Love the stance from the back. Reminds me of the wide legged stance of a karate fighter.
Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0741.jpg

Handbrake level clothed in leather gives a good look:
Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0748.jpg

Passenger airbag:
Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0750.jpg

Plastic fit is very unsatisfactory in some places. Pointed this out to the service advisor who said that it's like that by design and that they cannot do anything about it. He showed me a couple of other Figos having this problem too:
Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0735.jpg

Tough-to-clean areas near the wiper motors...You will find all sorts of rubbish here:
Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0738.jpg

Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0739.jpg

Two nozzles at the back would have been appreciated. Plus why is it to one side?
Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0745.jpg

Sometimes it is difficult to see the meters in the daytime because of the red and black theme:
Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0749.jpg

A few more:
Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0746.jpg

Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0751.jpg

Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!-_dsc0726.jpg

That's all for now, I'll click some more when I take the car to a better location. Waiting for your comments..
EagleEye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 02:45   #17
BANNED

re: Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!

I to got my car registered yself rather than pay 5K. But how did you get this done without presenting the car for inspection? I had to take pencil imprint of chassis number on the form I submitted in font of the RTO inspector.

--Ragul
Old 28th October 2011, 13:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I to got my car registered yself rather than pay 5K. But how did you get this done without presenting the car for inspection? I had to take pencil imprint of chassis number on the form I submitted in font of the RTO inspector.

--Ragul
They didn't ask..

I guess the pencil imprint of the chassis number was there along with the other documents submitted to him..
Old 28th October 2011, 17:47   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey EagleEye, a bit late at this, but congratulations and wish you many happy & safe miles with the Figo. Nice colour. I have to admit that the first thing I admired was the cool number plate job you've done in the pics there, instead of just covering up with white blocks

You seem quite stressed about the rear wiper and washer. Its exactly how it works in the Vista as well.
1. Its switch is not actually designed to move the wiper first and then fire the water. Its that when you turn the switch, the motor starts pumping the water from auxiliary tank which is at the front in the engine bay. By the time the water reaches the rear windshield from the tube, the wiper blade is already moving. If the rear windshield is too dusty, I simply pour water from bottle and then turn the wiper.

2. Why 1 nozzle on side? Well cost cutting. Single nozzle does the job and fitting it into the HMSL saves cost as well. Vista has it mounted into the wiper motor housing. So the jet fires fairly at the center of the glass.

Nevertheless, its a valuable feature you (we) have in the car. Think if you had got a Swift VDi? No rear wiper, no rear de-mister. Einstein's theory of relativity rocks

Enjoy your ride!
Old 29th October 2011, 12:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey EagleEye, a bit late at this, but congratulations and wish you many happy & safe miles with the Figo. Nice colour. I have to admit that the first thing I admired was the cool number plate job you've done in the pics there, instead of just covering up with white blocks
Thanks Reinhard, I am artistically talented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
You seem quite stressed about the rear wiper and washer.
To tell you the truth I don't even use it that much. But whenever I switch it on I hear the krrrr...krrrr sound of the wiper blade moving against dry glass. Makes me wince. And it takes a while for the water to come.
You see, the wiper stalk is designed so that one pull starts the rear wipers, and a further pull sprays the water. So even if the reservoir of water was in the back, the wipers would still start working before the spraying.

Not to say that it is a major issue for me, I can very well live with it.
Old 29th October 2011, 12:29   #21
Team-BHP Support

Yank the rear wash wipe lever with a bit of force upwards, the spray shall come out soon enough.

The pipe being connected has water present in it, hence no issues of it being late to report on duty.
Old 29th October 2011, 16:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well as far as the fuel efficiency is concerned, it varies very significantly with the use of AC. I usually get 13-14 KPl with AC whereas it touches 18 KPl without the AC. The super cool AC does have its drawbacks.
Old 29th October 2011, 23:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Well as far as the fuel efficiency is concerned, it varies very significantly with the use of AC. I usually get 13-14 KPl with AC whereas it touches 18 KPl without the AC. The super cool AC does have its drawbacks.
Thanks. But I use the thermostat to set a comfortable temperature. I never keep the thermostat knob at its minimum on the blue side.

IMHO running a weak AC for more time and running a powerful AC for less time to maintain the same temperature should use the same amount of energy.

I was told by the SA (when I took the car for its first service) that the engine has to 'open up' before it gives the best mileage. This happens after 3000-4000 kms on the odo.

What does 'opening up' mean btw?
Old 3rd November 2011, 19:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Figo Diesel Titanium: Initial Report with +ves & -ves. EDIT: PICS on 2nd Page!

Opening up means, with usage the moving parts bed in well leading to smoother movement of the moving parts and lower friction losses. This is also one of the reasons to take it easy in the initial period or the "running in" period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks