Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2012, 12:52   #61
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post
Thanks Thumping heart. Glad that you are interested in a Diesel Beat. Which is the variant that you are looking at?

wrt to service bills, I have been to a GM After Sales Service center 5 times.
1000 KM - Check -Rs 0
5000 KM - Check & Service Rs 52
10000 KM - Check & Service Rs 580 [A/c Pollen Filter Change]
15000 KM - Check & Oil Change Service Rs 2700 [Oil Change]
20000 KM - Check and Service [Rs 6500, I fixed Captiva horns & Wheel Alignment, Balancing etc they over charged me at least by 1,500 Rupees]

From the above and personal experience, 5k intervals is just wash, clean interiors, do their 19/25 point check up, brake cleaning, wheel alignment & balancing. The costs don't make any dents in your wallet.

I did NOT opt for 3 year plan.

My experience with Kropex sales was excellent & the opposite with service. I go to Presenna Automobiles, Coimbatore. They are new & they are great!

let me know if you need any other information.
Hi nevertouchme,

Thats a lot of Kms in 7.5 months , and being a proud owner of a beat diesel myself, I'm very happy reading your 21k review.
I'm due for 15k service maybe by end of August (i've completed 12500Kms) can you please tell me if I should be looking at / checking anything in particular.

I get my beat serviced at the Trident Chevrolet, Kalyan nagar (Bangalore). I'm pretty satisfied with their service till date.

wishing you many more happy miles

Take Care

Last edited by tckanth : 31st July 2012 at 12:54.
Old 31st July 2012, 15:03   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
I'm due for 15k service maybe by end of August (i've completed 12500Kms) can you please tell me if I should be looking at / checking anything in particular.

I get my beat serviced at the Trident Chevrolet, Kalyan nagar (Bangalore). I'm pretty satisfied with their service till date.
As per my limited knowledge on the petrol Beat, it is the wheel rotation, aligning and balancing you have to check apart from the regular service schedule at the service center, especially if a car is driven over bad roads mostly.

At the same time, could you update us a bit on the riding experience and the fuel efficiency part It is always good to get any number of reviews, which can add different perspectives to a product. Thanks.
Old 6th September 2012, 06:41   #63
BHPian

BEAT has completed 25,000 and has 15 more days to complete 1 year.

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-image237743016.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-image3584913484.jpg

Got the 25,000 km service at Thrive Cars, Salem. First complaint in almost 1 year of experience was that Air Con blower had slowed down. That was fixed. Otherwise, niggle free experience so far.

Got my insurance renewed from Bajaj Alliance.
nevertouchme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 06:49   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme

Got the 25,000 km service at Thrive Cars, Salem. First complaint in almost 1 year of experience was that Air Con blower had slowed down. .
Hi,
What was the issue with theblower or was it with the AC
Regards,
Harsha
Old 6th September 2012, 07:25   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Stunning pictures, nevertouchme!

We are evaluating the Swift LDI and the Beat TCDi LT as our chauffeur-driven second car. Had a few questions:

How would you rate the rear seat spaciousness and general ride quality?

Our first car is a Cruze :-). You had mentioned fitting the Captiva horns. How much were those and were the plug-and-play or needed wiring/relay fitting etc?

Also, my experience with Kropex (Hosur Rd.) was disastrous - Sticking to Trident at Kalyannagar (Hebbal-KRPuram ORR) for now. Happy with them.
Old 6th September 2012, 08:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Stunning pictures, nevertouchme!

We are evaluating the Swift LDI and the Beat TCDi LT as our chauffeur-driven second car. Had a few questions:

How would you rate the rear seat spaciousness and general ride quality?

Our first car is a Cruze :-). You had mentioned fitting the Captiva horns. How much were those and were the plug-and-play or needed wiring/relay fitting etc?

Also, my experience with Kropex (Hosur Rd.) was disastrous - Sticking to Trident at Kalyannagar (Hebbal-KRPuram ORR) for now. Happy with them.
Few folks have mentioned that BEAT is cramped at the rear. I think that feeling prevails because of the dark interiors and to add, positioning of the rear door handle which doesn't allow the cabin to be lit & airy. But apart from that fact, rear seat is not cramped at all. Please do a test drive and decide for yourself. it's seats 4 people comfortably and it's strictly a no 5 seater.

Regarding ride quality, it's pretty decent in absorbing bumps and I haven't had any specific complaints. For the most part, it doesn't scrape on every speed breaker.

Regarding captiva horns, the service center guys fixed the same for me. It sounds alright. They removed the stock horns and use the same wiring. It was plug and play.
Old 6th September 2012, 13:10   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BEAT has completed 25,000 and has 15 more days to complete 1 year.
Fantastic pics Jai, and boy oh boy, 25k kms in under a year, isn't that a tad too less for you .
Now that you have moved to Salem, what happens to the KA registration, no issues from local cops?
Old 25th September 2012, 16:05   #68
BHPian

Hey, 25000 kms in one year is really a total "paisa vasool" in one year for a diesel car. I know that beat diesel performs exceptionally well in the city but what about highways. In the TD of Beat diesel, i found that the engine became louder when I tried to push it hard like swift/ritz/figo. And just the engine sound was increasing and not the speed. Is it the issue that only I experienced or you also feel it. BTW the million dollar question..."kitna deti hai", means "whats the average that you get from your car".

Last edited by GTO : 27th September 2012 at 15:20. Reason: PM coming up
Old 26th March 2013, 14:41   #69
BHPian

As of today, Beat's ODO reads at 44,300 kms. I am due for 45,000 KM service in another 700 KMS.
At 42k, I got my tires replaced to Michelin XM2 – 175/65/R14 @ 4700 each
Also, I got the steel rims replaced to Chevy Beat OEM alloys @ 3900 each.
I don’t find a world of difference, but steering is a tad smoother than before.

Some pictures to share:

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-1.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-2.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-3.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-4.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-5.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-6.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-7.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-8.jpg
nevertouchme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 15:44   #70
Senior - BHPian

Wow you sure are mincing out every extra penny spent on buy a diesel car. I am guessing a lot of them on the highway. Just had a query on the Captiva horn, is that dual and sound similar to the VW ones? I have not heard too many Captiva's honking.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 09:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Thumping heart. Glad that you are interested in a Diesel Beat. Which is the variant that you are looking at?

wrt to service bills, I have been to a GM After Sales Service center 5 times.
1000 KM - Check -Rs 0
5000 KM - Check & Service Rs 52
10000 KM - Check & Service Rs 580 [A/c Pollen Filter Change]
15000 KM - Check & Oil Change Service Rs 2700 [Oil Change]
20000 KM - Check and Service [Rs 6500, I fixed Captiva horns & Wheel Alignment, Balancing etc they over charged me at least by 1,500 Rupees]

From the above and personal experience, 5k intervals is just wash, clean interiors, do their 19/25 point check up, brake cleaning, wheel alignment & balancing. The costs don't make any dents in your wallet.

I did NOT opt for 3 year plan.

My experience with Kropex sales was excellent & the opposite with service. I go to Presenna Automobiles, Coimbatore. They are new & they are great!

let me know if you need any other information.
Hey there nevertouchme!
I am the proud owner of a sf grey LS beat diesel as well. And I'm due for my 15000 km service now. Looking at your service costs. Mine were completely different for some reason. :consisted:
I had my engine oil changed at 10000 km ( 1 year service - I don't drive nearly as much as you do ). And they charged my around 2k for that service without WAB( wheel alignment and balancing) . Now when I asked the SA at trident (nayandahalli) , he said it would cost roughly 4K! (Without WAB).

So could you please elaborate what they did at your services? They want to do the following jobs this service :
-Engine tune up ( cleaning fuel lines etc.)
-General checkup
- brake fluid top up + brake pad Check up
- consumables + wiper fluid

( not sure if I'm forgetting something, this is mostly the list)
Of course this is just an estimate not the actual figure.

Hoping you could shed some Light on this as you seem to be the most experienced Beat TCDi bhpian around!
Old 27th March 2013, 10:09   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Wow you sure are mincing out every extra penny spent on buy a diesel car. I am guessing a lot of them on the highway. Just had a query on the Captiva horn, is that dual and sound similar to the VW ones? I have not heard too many Captiva's honking.
It's similar to VW ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselat View Post
Hey there nevertouchme!
I am the proud owner of a sf grey LS beat diesel as well. And I'm due for my 15000 km service now. Looking at your service costs. Mine were completely different for some reason. :consisted:
I had my engine oil changed at 10000 km ( 1 year service - I don't drive nearly as much as you do ). And they charged my around 2k for that service without WAB( wheel alignment and balancing) . Now when I asked the SA at trident (nayandahalli) , he said it would cost roughly 4K! (Without WAB).

So could you please elaborate what they did at your services? They want to do the following jobs this service :
-Engine tune up ( cleaning fuel lines etc.)
-General checkup
- brake fluid top up + brake pad Check up
- consumables + wiper fluid

( not sure if I'm forgetting something, this is mostly the list)
Of course this is just an estimate not the actual figure.

Hoping you could shed some Light on this as you seem to be the most experienced Beat TCDi bhpian around!
Hey Dieselat!

Glad to meet another Beat D owner. well, I really don't recall the breakup in the bill. And from my 2nd service, I have been getting things done at Coimabtore/Salem than in Bangalore. May be labor costs per are higher in Bangalore compared to TIER 2 cities [I don't know, may be I am just guessing].

Could you post some pictures of your car?

Cheers,
Jai
Old 27th March 2013, 12:25   #73

Can you please share how much is the width of those allow wheel rims ??
Old 27th March 2013, 14:13   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojipg View Post
Can you please share how much is the width of those allow wheel rims ??
If my memory serves me right, the OEM alloys are 4.5j X 14.
Old 27th March 2013, 15:25   #75
BHPian

Hey nevertouch me, I've been following your thread from a long long time, but never got a chance to post here. Your Beat is so pleasant to look at, and the recent alloy update only takes it a notch higher!! Our relatives own a Platinum Metallic Beat LT Petrol (from the first batch of cars), and I must say it is SuperSilent on the inside and the ride quality is pampering.

Quote:
If my memory serves me right, the OEM alloys are 4.5j X 14.
Please check it once, I suppose it must be 5.5J or 5J.

Thanks!

P.S: Regarding the Captiva horn, what brand is it?

Most Viewed