Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: One more Hyundai i10 AT experience

hey Deep Blue.

Nice car and very good pics. Really like this color on i10.

Regarding your post above, does the i10 AT not come with a S mode? I thought all Auto cars had an S mode where the tranny holds the gear till u redline. I might be wrong though.

Also does the instrumentation show you the currently engaged gear? I once drove the Hyundai Sonata Transform AT in US and it had that feature. I feel its quite nifty thing to have.

Last edited by joslicx : 2nd May 2012 at 23:41.
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak
Hey Sundeep did not know about your i10 purchase!!in fact my wife saw you and your wife one day but as the vehicle was not your figo, she did not recognize you!!

Overall i would any day opt for the figo!!in terms of driving pleasure, i still love it whenever i drive my friend's figo.i have never ever got bored of it!!
Figo had to go for some dent repair, so had to take the i10. But yes I would prefer the Figo anyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx
hey Deep Blue.

Nice car and very good pics. Really like this color on i10.

Regarding your post above, does the i10 AT not come with a S mode? I thought all Auto cars had an S mode where the tranny holds the gear till u redline. I might be wrong though.

Also does the instrumentation show you the currently engaged gear? I once drove the Hyundai Sonata Transform AT in US and it had that feature. I feel its quite nifty thing to have.
i 10 has the regular P,R,N, D,2 and an L mode. Additionally there is a button to switch off the overdrive.
I am new to ATs, so I am not sure whether 2 and L modes correspond to the S mode you mentioned.
The instrumentation shows the mode the car is in as in P R N D 2 L

Last edited by Deep Blue : 3rd May 2012 at 10:58.
Old 26th November 2012, 20:25   #18
BHPian

One and half years and 10000kms down the line I can only say " what a sweet little car!".
It has not given me any problems, not even a squeak. The only time I have to squirm a bit is when I fill the car up. But since the FE was known, I have sort of accepted it.
It is the perfect city hatchback.. Well, almost!
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 21:59   #19
BHPian

Re: One more Hyundai i10 AT experience

Thanks for the update. i am in the market for an Automatic Hatch and have a used i10 in mind. I drove it around a little and had some impressions which I would like to validate with you
(1) felt a little bit of a constant vibration from the accelerator pedal. I was soft on the pedal keeping in mind that it was not yet my car and i was driving an automatic after a long time.
(2) The brakes seemed very soft, i.e. it took a while before the effect of the brake was really felt on slowing the car.
I drove a few other AT sedans as well, verna old diesel and new petrol, laura, vento and corrolla. All of these I felt the Hyundai's had very soft brakes, while the others were much more responsive.
Do you feel the same in your car?
Old 27th November 2012, 00:31   #20
BHPian

I) I haven't noticed the constant vibration in the accelerator pedal, so I am assuming it is not there. I will check again and confirm.
2) Yes, the brakes are a little slow atleast compared to my old Alto and Figo. I used to think Figo's brakes lacked "bite" but the i10 is worse. That said, for the speeds I achieve in town, it seems sufficient. Higher speeds on the highway would be a different story I guess.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks