Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2012, 13:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Picasso - My new Hyundai i20 Asta (Petrol) in Coral White

Update: Fuel Economy

Measured the fuel economy of Picasso twice, each time via the full tank - full tank method. Below are the economies achieved each time, and look pretty satisfactory to me although I'm still evaluating the drop of 8.7% in second measure.

1. 15 kmpl
2. 13.7 kmpl

The first economy was achieved during the initial 700 kms of running in. The second was achieved beyond that odo reading. Considering the run-in period usually has slightly lower economies, I m more surprised with the drop.

Most of the parameters during the 2 measures remained similar on an average:

1. Single hand driven
2. Driving style
3. Daily commute route
4. Daily commute traffic
5. Normal unleaded fuel
6. PSI in tyres
7. 100% AC On

The only difference between the 2 measurements was the fuel source. First time I filled up from Shell and second time from HPCL. To confirm if this is the real source of drop, this time I have again topped up at Shell and will recalculate.
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:21   #32
BHPian

Re: Picasso - My new Hyundai i20 Asta (Petrol) in Coral White

Update: First Service

Gave the car for a first service at close to 1000 kms. Service center person picked the car from my office and dropped it back in few hours. Not much activities that are part of first service.

- High level check up of the car
- No oil change
- General cleaning (inside and outside)
- Got sun films installed (was part of the buying package) of erstwhile allowed limits. Don't know what will be the impact after the apex court decision on sweeping ban. Lets hope better sense prevails on this.

The amount I had to pay after completion for first service was zero. Over all satisfied with the experience of Kun Hyundai.

I really liked some of the subtle things that the service center folks took care at the time of delivering the car after the first service. I am saying this based on my experience with MASS earlier:

- Paper foot mats were put inside the car, over the carpet foot mats. This prevented any dust accumulation after cleaning as generally the shoes of mechanics are dusty.
- No tips were asked to pick and drop the car. Even the pickup sheet mentioned that please do not pay tips to the drivers during pick up and delivery. I am against all this tip business as it is their job and it should be done professionally.
- No grease or other markes were found anywhere in the car. The Maruti guys used to deliver with some grease/oil marks on the dashboard or windows and I always had to ask them to clean it again.

So far so good. I am hoping the service center expereince remains good in future as well.

On the fuel front, consistantly getting between 13.5 to 14 with 100% A/c used.

Most Viewed