Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2012, 16:21   #31
BHPian

Re: Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Congrats @Ghostrider! It's a wonderful car you bought and IMO, it looks best in Black.

For the tints, I would sincerely suggest 3M. I got CR70 on the windscreen and CS (Color Stable series) (forgot the number - I think it was CS50) on windows and rear. And I got the black shade (not the reflective ones).

Trust me, it adds good looks and awesome character to the car and is priced way cheaper than VKool. 3M sits comfortably in the middle between Garware and VKool.
Thanks Nishant... which outlet did you get the 3M tints from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Hey ghostrider congrats and welcome to the elite black cruze club. Looking at the cruze on our roads it is safer to say that black cruze is a definite rarity. What say? I feel it definitely looks best in black followed by white.
So what are you plans on getting the RD box?? I'm going to get mine in next couple of months.
I love the car in black, but the only issue would be maintaining that luster and trying to avoid scratches. White looks good too but my last car was white and I wanted a change. I wouldn't have minded the Silver or Sand-drift Grey, but my wife insisted on black.

The RD box will take a month or so. Will wait for the first service and then see. Please keep me posted on yours when you get it.

Last edited by ghostrider : 27th February 2012 at 16:25.
Old 27th February 2012, 16:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Thanks Nishant... which outlet did you get the 3M tints from?
Spoke to the 3M Distributor for Mumbai (Ankush). He directed me to a shop near my home. Sealed the deal with the guy and he sent a 3M guy to do the install at my house!

I believe they have a full fledged outlet on SV Road (Borivali).
Old 27th February 2012, 16:41   #33
BHPian

Date of Manufacture of the Car: January, 2012.

Cruze owners: If you want to check the VIN, Engine number, and confirm the date of manufacture of your car, look for the small metal plate at the bottom of the B-pillar on the passenger side.

'Manufacturing Month & Year' are shown as AC. Translated, this means that my car was manufactured in January 2012.

There was some previous confusion in the VIN thread here on the forums where people were under the impression that the 7th letter of the VIN denote the month and the 10th letter the year of manufacture. In fact it's the 9th letter that denotes the year of manufacture.
Attached Thumbnails
Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review-cruze-vin-edited.jpg  

Old 27th February 2012, 16:54   #34
BHPian

Congrts BLACK is the color .. BTW rims are striking with Yokohama Advan Sports !
Old 27th February 2012, 18:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • The gearshift:... it's slick, but not Vento-slick. The fact that it's a short-throw box is great, but it's not a rapid-action gearshift.

It may take some time before it smoothen out. Had a moderate experience with a fairly new Cruze. On driving a slightly older one, felt that the gearshift was very very good. Very slick feel, a very assured positive slotting feel. Even though I like the shift on our Magnum a lot, I found Cruze a lot better.

Quote:
  • The recline angle of the rear seats: It's perhaps 5 degrees too upright. Another 5 degrees of recline would've been superb.
That may have been done to compensate for the slanting roof-line. Lesser incline allows for a bit more headroom in such designs.

Quote:
I actually did post the final conclusion here and here.
Your post for confirming the age of the car using the plaque near the front passenger seat is confirmed. I haven't taken a picture yet, I'll see if I can do so today. Thanks for your inputs buddy.
Thanks mate. I had missed those posts. It really was @Torquedo who brought up the plaque bit here. I was only repeating it
Old 28th February 2012, 11:24   #36
BHPian

Some more pics that I'd taken on my phone when the alloys were being installed.

PIC1: The option to the ES6... Lenso Samurais. I wanted to see how they'd look on the car.

PIC2: The ES6s fitted on the rear wheel.

PIC3:The box the ES6s came in.

Managed to hit 140 again today, and there isn't even a hint of wobble. The wheels seem to be perfectly balanced and hopefully I won't need centering rings.
Attached Thumbnails
Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review-img2012022500075.jpg  

Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review-img2012022500074.jpg  

Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review-img2012022500076.jpg  

Old 28th February 2012, 12:07   #37
BHPian

Congrats ghostrider, Cruz in all black is a stunner for sure. The Lenso suits the car perfectly. Do get hold of some collinite goodies to keep the jet black shinning all year round. Wish you many miles of driving bliss.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Some more pics that I'd taken on my phone when the alloys were being installed.
Where is this place? Bombay Tyres at Milan subway in Santacruz?
Old 28th February 2012, 12:24   #39
BHPian

The gearshifts will definitely be more smoother after the 1st service. Initially the gear shifts of my cruze were also decent but now i feel its butter smooth. Also due to the short throw its a joy to shift the gears. I especially love the shift from 2nd to 3rd. My car has covered 10.5K kms so far.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:31   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Where is this place? Bombay Tyres at Milan subway in Santacruz?
Give the man a cigar! You, sir, know your accessorizers!!

Quote:
The gearshifts will definitely be more smoother after the 1st service. Initially the gear shifts of my cruze were also decent but now i feel its butter smooth. Also due to the short throw its a joy to shift the gears. I especially love the shift from 2nd to 3rd. My car has covered 10.5K kms so far.
Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats ghostrider, Cruz in all black is a stunner for sure. The Lenso suits the car perfectly. Do get hold of some collinite goodies to keep the jet black shinning all year round. Wish you many miles of driving bliss.
Thanks Arup. Any idea where I can get the Collinite goodies?

Last edited by ghostrider : 28th February 2012 at 12:32.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:45   #41
anb
BHPian

Quote:
The warranty on the suspension might become an issue down the road, but it's a gamble. In my experience if you make enough noise about an issue and make a reasonable point then they can't hide behind nonsensical voided warranty claims.
Congrats for the cruze. Cruze looks stunning in Black although it's pain to maintain a black one. How much does Yokohama Advan Sports cost? You might lose the suspension warranty. But Two tye sizes are written in the tyre information sticker near the front door rubber beading , one is stock 205/60R16, and the other size is 225/50 R17.

Quote:

So what are you plans on getting the RD box?? I'm going to get mine in next couple of months.
Does cruze come with DPF in India? I've read many reports of the DPF problems with tuning boxes. A proper remap would be better than a tuning box. Remap is available for cruze from petes. Dr Pullockaran remapped his cruze from tune o tronics last month. I am going to get remap done from EDS motorsports germany, which is a very reputed company in Europe. Output figures [SIZE=2](190PS 430NM[/SIZE]) are vey close to Irmscher version.
Chevrolet Cruze Z20DMH IPF-Online-Tuning-System-EDSCHPH1Z20DMHCR-IPF
The IPF Kit basically install the EDS software onto the computer, this gives access to the EDS database in Germany. Once the IPF Kit has been married up to the car, connect the kit to the computer and it will display available maps you can use. You can pick and choose from the list as many times as you like, and map your car as many times as you want, all for free.
Once you've purchasse the IPF kit, you don't have to pay for anything else.
For warranty work, you can put the standard map back on your car, making it untraceable by the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

The 2012 Cruze is apparently better tuned than the early batch that had far more lag.
My 2010 (June) cruze behaves the same way as ghostrider's cruze. Mobike's and drpullockaran's (december 2009 model) cars behave the same way. So I think cruze got better tuning from 2009 december onwards, not 2012.

Last edited by anb : 28th February 2012 at 12:51.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arup. Any idea where I can get the Collinite goodies?
As far as I know, Collinite isn't available off the shelf in India. I ordered mine from here BB Impex (P) Ltd. New Delhi, India, Contact Us

This came recommended by bhpians as the entire order / delivery / payment was a breeze. The package was delivered promptly with complete courier tracking as well.

Mods - I'm not associated with above merchandise nor have any commercial interest with it. This is just an advice from one user.
Old 28th February 2012, 13:44   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Ghost Rider and welcome to the Cruze club

I can see like all of us you too are smitten by its potent engine. When compared to what it can offer all other minor negativities seem to fade into oblivion, dont you think?

The alloys and tyres look perfect in synch for the black color. Mind sharing the costs of the same?

Even I can confirm after chugging 25000kms in last 1.5 years, my White Annihilator doesnt even have a single squeak which says a lot about its excellent build quality

Enjoy the beauty and please do drive safe at all times !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 15:20   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Ghost Rider and welcome to the Cruze club
I can see like all of us you too are smitten by its potent engine. When compared to what it can offer all other minor negativities seem to fade into oblivion, dont you think?
The alloys and tyres look perfect in synch for the black color. Mind sharing the costs of the same?
Even I can confirm after chugging 25000kms in last 1.5 years, my White Annihilator doesnt even have a single squeak which says a lot about its excellent build quality. Enjoy the beauty and please do drive safe at all times !!!
Thanks Mobike. "Negatives"? What negatives??
Seriously though, I'm in love with the car. Other than a couple of minor quirks that I posted about earlier, I think it's fantastic. Going by your Cruze thread (and couple of others) the car seems to be fairly hassle-free to maintain too. I haven't encountered any threads talking about serious issues (Sameer Sultan had a turbo-clamp failure that afflicted the older cars, but that's about it).
I've already posted the costs of the tyres and alloys here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Congrats for the cruze.How much does Yokohama Advan Sports cost? You might lose the suspension warranty. But Two tyre sizes are written in the tyre information sticker near the front door rubber beading , one is stock 205/60R16, and the other size is 225/50 R17.
Advan Sports retail at approximately 12k per tyre (11,850). When you negotiate hard most dealers will come close to 11k or so, but not lower.
My upsize is 225/50 R17, and if they try giving me any grief about voided warranties they better shoot to kill because I'm going to go in all guns blazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
I am going to get remap done from EDS motorsports germany, which is a very reputed company in Europe. Output figures [SIZE=2](190PS 430NM)[/SIZE]) are vey close to Irmscher version.
The IPF Kit basically install the EDS software onto the computer, this gives access to the EDS database in Germany. Once the IPF Kit has been married up to the car, connect the kit to the computer and it will display available maps you can use. You can pick and choose from the list as many times as you like, and map your car as many times as you want, all for free.
Once you've purchasse the IPF kit, you don't have to pay for anything else.
For warranty work, you can put the standard map back on your car, making it untraceable by the dealer.
Interesting. I checked out the link you provided and saw that it costs about 450 euros (plus shipping). Have you initiated a dialogue with them? Also, do you know any one else who's done this? Please keep the forum posted on developments - this would make your Cruze one of the most hotly watched cars on the forum.

[quote=arup.misra;2696298]As far as I know, Collinite isn't available off the shelf in India. I ordered mine from here BB Impex (P) Ltd. New Delhi, India, Contact Us
Thanks for the contact. Could you share what products you ordered and what you paid?

Last edited by ghostrider : 28th February 2012 at 15:31.
Old 28th February 2012, 16:33   #45
anb
BHPian

Quote:

Interesting. I checked out the link you provided and saw that it costs about 450 euros (plus shipping). Have you initiated a dialogue with them? Also, do you know any one else who's done this? Please keep the forum posted on developments - this would make your Cruze one of the most hotly watched cars on the forum.
Actually The cost is not 450 Euros. The cost is 450 Euros+349*3 euros (tuning license) for a 3 cars. Add a Vat tax of 19% to it. So a total of 1781 Euros for 3 cars. The Kit will come to India in March last or April first week. The cost is approximately 38K per car. Still it is cheaper than remap from petes which costs 46K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks