Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 18:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Do dreams come true? Finally my ol' Honda City Vtec

Aha!! Chetan! So finally you picked up a Ohc vtec! Congratulations! That car sure looks clean. Hope you enjoy every bit of it and looking forward to meet you at one of our vtec meets.
Cheers
Shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 18:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_wheelz View Post
Congrats Chetan !! you got some luck man ! The Vtec is beautiful, kept so well, take care of her!

My Bad i couldn't find a nice Vtec when i was on the look out , but manage to pick up a 1.5 exi. and i am happy with the 1.5.
Hey Ryan thanks mate !! You city is also in a great condition

Hello Shrey, thank you and sure will catch up on one of the meets.
Old 21st March 2012, 18:42   #18
BHPian

I share your sentiments completely. I too had been on the lookout for a vtec and waited 5 years to buy myself one. You just can't find a single owned car nowadays. I managed to get a 1.5 Exi in great condition and single owned at a great price. I sold my brand new car (6 to 7 months) and do not regret it one bit. Huge congratulations again. I will be selling mine soon though, my happiness is short lived since I will be moving abroad soon. I guess Tbh will see another OHC ad soon.
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:59   #19
BHPian

Man I saw your car in the office parking lot last evening!!! I took a second look and today confirmed the registration number! Which floor do you sit in Prime?
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Man I saw your car in the office parking lot last evening!!! I took a second look and today confirmed the registration number! Which floor do you sit in Prime?
Ok vinair so the white swift with got bhp was you we ll meet up sometime at office !! I work in the ground floor you can look up for chethan shivakumar and add me on oc.

Thanks Shelleve and sorry to hear that your happiness was short lived.
Old 22nd March 2012, 21:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Pristine is the word which comes to my mind after seeing the pics of your car.It's a stunning beauty.Congrats on the same. 66k kms is just 41k miles and for a Honda the engines just been broken in.Take good care of her and she will serve you well for a decent 7-10 years easily.

Power of dreams...
Old 22nd March 2012, 21:43   #22
BHPian

Heartiest Congrats Chethan She does look in good nick; proof that the previous owner was a VTEC lover as well. Trust me, if you ever get a feeling that you paid more than you should've, just take her out at that point and redline it, you'd never repent it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Gawd, I miss my '03 Honda City Vtec. She served me well, and had atleast another 10 healthy years left. The steering & revv-mad engine are unmatched in any other Indian car. A legend, no less. Congratulations to you & the car (for finding a nice home):
You and me would never be able to get over it..EVER!!!
Old 22nd March 2012, 22:21   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Car looks very clean and neat buddy. Congrats
You are lucky enough that your dream came true. Wish you happy miles ahead.

Cheers
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Heartiest Congrats Chethan She does look in good nick; proof that the previous owner was a VTEC lover as well. Trust me, if you ever get a feeling that you paid more than you should've, just take her out at that point and redline it, you'd never repent it!!

You and me would never be able to get over it..EVER!!!
Avinash i can understand what you would have gone through after what happened to your Vtec. I completely agree with you and thats why in one my comments i have mentioned there is no value you can pay for the feelings so i can never repent for the price i paid for this beauty. Its a Gem and like you said once we redline her we can forget the world .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Car looks very clean and neat buddy. Congrats
You are lucky enough that your dream came true. Wish you happy miles ahead.

Cheers
That compliment would go to the car's previous owner Shiv for maintaining this car so beautifully

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Pristine is the word which comes to my mind after seeing the pics of your car.It's a stunning beauty.Congrats on the same. 66k kms is just 41k miles and for a Honda the engines just been broken in.Take good care of her and she will serve you well for a decent 7-10 years easily.

Power of dreams...
I totally agree with you on that Sumeeth the car is good for atleast the next 10 yrs.
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:01   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase,glad to hear that your dream came true. The car looks neat and well maintained indeed. As GTO mentioned, the deal seems over-priced but then again you get a good car and YOU are HAPPY and that is what matters.
Old 20th June 2012, 14:21   #26
BHPian

Hello All,

Just realized that i haven't kept this thread active. So here are the few updated about the car so far. The car is due for its 70K service and will be giving it to Whitefield Honda this month. The replacements planned in this service are:
* Brake pad replacement
* Gearbox oil replacement
* Engine oil change to Mobil1 syntetic oil ( the car till date has been using the regular mineral oil from Honda service center)
* Regular service
* Clutch life check as i get jerks when shifting from 2nd this may be due to 2 reason one is clutch life other may be the typical jerk due to the ECU or worst case my driving style.
* I suspect the power steering rack developing issues need to get that checked (typical issue in these models)
* Glovebox rattling over 100kmph might need the rubber bush replacement
* Get ride of the short shift and get the stock one fitted back
* Need to get the tappets checked/adjusted
* LH front and back bumper has come down a little just need to ask them to lift the clamp n refix the bumper

Also the planned upgrades are below within the next 6months:
* Edelbrock 4756 intake manifold performer x or Honda OE D16 intakes
* ECU with NepTune RTP
* Conversion harness
* OBD1 IACV to work with above ECU

Few things which i am still contemplating to get it done are:
* Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
* Final drive change to either 1.3's final drive 4.25 or get a completly new set of first gear and final drive 4.75 from UK forgot the companies name

The reason for the above contemplations are i dont want to build a drag car i just want a fast NA street car the above 2 i think may be required for later stages what do you guys say ??

Cheers,
Chethan
Old 2nd September 2012, 17:13   #27
BHPian

The service was done in Whitefield Honda and the following was done.
* Honda synthetic oil
* Gear box oil change
* clutch life is still good
* Brake pads are still good
* Retained the short shifter

And as per my plan below is the 1st mod that went into my car yesterday.

So here is the deal, last week was a hectic week filled with work n personal work blah blah.... my wife said if by this weekend i dont get a place for the intake i got 2 months ago she ll sell it to the scrap guy :0 i didnt know what to do .. thats when i realized i had quoted a really insane price for sale of the intake i had got so didnt want to make a joke out of me anymore. Finally decided i ll get this fitted now and later in dec when i get the Neptune Demon ECU along with the wide band will install that package then.

Called up my friend and told him my needs and what i want from the car. And i still consider myself a beginner i dont think i have an expertise to tweak around with the ECU so after the discussion with a friend i throw the idea of ECU out of the window atleast for a few years till i gain more knowledge about this engine and its capabilities. So decided for the start let me try getting the intake fitted first and let me see the difference and then think about the next mod.

So got the intake fitted from Raj, got the air intake pipe fabricated from Shabeer and everything done.

Here is my car with the D15Z6 intake manifold. The car has stock internals and no head work or any other modification done. Its got a 4*2*1 headers/FFE (straight pipe) .
Today 02-Sept-12 took a test drive after the fitment of the intake yesterday and here are the results,

0 - 100 in 150mts (Approx) in 8.5 to 9secs thanks to my beginner kinda launch and in the video timing it's @10secs(0 - 100) i calculated the start time from 13 secs to 23 secs in the video, as seen in the video the first to second shifting got stuck a little where i would have lost atleast a sec or 1.5 secs

1/4 mile @ 140kmph (Approx) the trip meter showed 65.2 when i started and was 65.6. Timing 17secs(approx)

Note:This is all based on the trip/speedo meter so there might me some amount of error need to test it in a vbox for actual results.

My current wheel's setup is bigger its running on 205/50/R15. I am assuming with a 195/R14 the timing would be even better.

So the next mod planned for my car is a 4.25FD would love to see how the car performs after that mod in the meanwhile if any of you can source a 4.25FD for me pls PM the price and details of it !!!!

Here is the video of the drive of today morning.

Happy and safe driving,
Cheers,
Chethan

Last edited by chethan25 : 2nd September 2012 at 17:15. Reason: Correct a couple of spellings.
chethan25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 17:46   #28
BHPian

chethan the mods must be awesome. The vtech roar in the video is the best music for the ears. So nice to see the engine ever willing to get red lined even after 70k on the odo. Bet only a handful of manufacturers can claim such a tribute.

Enjoy your ol'..err new Honda City. Cheers!!
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 23:46   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
So nice to see the engine ever willing to get red lined even after 70k on the odo. Bet only a handful of manufacturers can claim such a tribute.

Enjoy your ol'..err new Honda City. Cheers!!
Thanks Arup and like you rightly mentioned thats a beauty of the Honda engines and with plenty of after market support for these they will keep roaring forever. I am sure after the next mod of Final drive it would be even quicker

Mean times all the Honda experts any other suggestions ?

Cheers,
Chethan
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks