Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2012, 19:37   #46
BHPian

Re: Wheels of Fortune : 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4. First on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post

I installed 4300K HID in the front fog lamps and they are just wow.They don't blind the oncoming traffic and moreover the stock lamps were a joke.
Hi, can you provide some more details on the fitment and pics of the lighting?
Did it involve cutting any of the OE wires as Toyota here are very insistent that such mods would void warranty. More info please.
Old 30th October 2012, 20:07   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage

Hi, can you provide some more details on the fitment and pics of the lighting?
Did it involve cutting any of the OE wires as Toyota here are very insistent that such mods would void warranty. More info please.
Hey redrage its a socket to socket fitting.No oe wires were cut.The stock fog lamps were a joke.If you plan to install go for 4300k, gives a good throw and spread is neat.
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 08:58   #48
BHPian

That is Good news, what is the cost of these bulbs, do we need to go to ASC to fit or any mechanic and fit it.

Please also let me know the make of the bulbs
Old 31st October 2012, 11:44   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Hey redrage its a socket to socket fitting.No oe wires were cut.The stock fog lamps were a joke.If you plan to install go for 4300k, gives a good throw and spread is neat.
Ok. What make did you use ? more details & picture please.
Old 31st October 2012, 12:11   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
That is Good news, what is the cost of these bulbs, do we need to go to ASC to fit or any mechanic and fit it.

Please also let me know the make of the bulbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Ok. What make did you use ? more details & picture please.
They cost 6000 rs for a pair with one year warranty.The make was "crystal vision".These are mostly chinese mades and last easily for three to four years.You need no go for a particular brand,but just be sure on 4300K and 50 Watts.
Old 29th January 2013, 19:28   #51
BHPian

Hello Kedar,

i'm taking delivery of my new 4X2 AT in 2 days. I asked the dealership to sell me a TRD kit but they said they cant. Although they told me that a dealer in mumbai is selling these kits for 25k. Do you know where i can get hold of a TRD kit (original) . I'm taking a Pearl White Mica colour (newly launched).

I am procuring 3D Kagu mats as well which seem to be recommended by you on your review !
Attached Thumbnails
Wheels of Fortune : 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4. First on Team-BHP-lowresfort.jpg  

Dieselite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 22:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Hello Kedar,

i'm taking delivery of my new 4X2 AT in 2 days. I asked the dealership to sell me a TRD kit but they said they cant. Although they told me that a dealer in mumbai is selling these kits for 25k. Do you know where i can get hold of a TRD kit (original) . I'm taking a Pearl White Mica colour (newly launched).

I am procuring 3D Kagu mats as well which seem to be recommended by you on your review !
The best option would be to buy the Fortuner TRD Version. Ask your dealer to give you that. I am sure the dealer would Oblige. Is there any constraint in buying the Non-TRD version and then adding aftermarket Kits?. the Orignal TRD is just 60,000/- costlier than the Non-TRD Version.

25,000/- for the TRD kit is definetly no Orignal. It might be aftermarket ones.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 29th January 2013 at 22:08.
Old 29th January 2013, 22:17   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...You need no go for a particular brand,but just be sure on 4300K and 50 Watts.
HIDs come in 35W & 55W as far as I know. Out of it, 35W is preferred for the lower load; just like 100W preferred over 130W bulbs.

Quote:
... I asked the dealership to sell me a TRD kit but they said they cant...
Please call up Toyota customer care / send a mail to them. I am sure they will sort out a way to help a potential customer.
Old 30th January 2013, 13:06   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The best option would be to buy the Fortuner TRD Version. Ask your dealer to give you that. I am sure the dealer would Oblige. Is there any constraint in buying the Non-TRD version and then adding aftermarket Kits?. the Orignal TRD is just 60,000/- costlier than the Non-TRD Version.

25,000/- for the TRD kit is definetly no Orignal. It might be aftermarket ones.
The sales rep told me that TRD kits can be sold only to the chassis numbers which have TRD kits as per manufacturing lists in factory !

60k ex-showroom price difference translates to approximately 85k on road which i found too steep just for the spoilers and logo. Plus there is an ambiguity about whether the kits are just body colored or two toned because i saw both types of vehicles in their stock-yards. Ones with black TRD inserts in the spoiler and ones with full body color. The sales rep could not really understand himself what was the reason.

Further the delivery and allotment for this vehicle was not clear yet in the 5 speed AT versions.

All in all i thought it would be just easier to get the normal version.

Although i have a question : Has anyone body painted the fog lamp trim (bumper insert) . That could add some TRD ish effect ?

cheers
Dieselite
Dieselite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 13:47   #55
BHPian

Quote:
The sales rep told me that TRD kits can be sold only to the chassis numbers which have TRD kits as per manufacturing lists in factory !
All in all i thought it would be just easier to get the normal version.

Although i have a question : Has anyone body painted the fog lamp trim (bumper insert) . That could add some TRD ish effect ?

cheers
Dieselite
TRD kit they are selling only front bumper and rear bumper kit if you are not buying model specially made for it. You will miss the spoiler. And it comes in black only, they do the color part later on and needs one day time.
sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 14:23   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
TRD kit they are selling only front bumper and rear bumper kit if you are not buying model specially made for it. You will miss the spoiler. And it comes in black only, they do the color part later on and needs one day time.
The Pune dealer doesnt seem to want to do this. Where can i get this done in Mumbai ?
Old 1st February 2013, 15:20   #57
BHPian

Hey guys, my car has arrived. I need an opinion on whether painting the fog lamp insert in body colour looks better or not ? Hope this is the right place on the forum for this opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheels of Fortune : 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4. First on Team-BHP-trial.jpg  

Old 1st February 2013, 15:32   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, my car has arrived. I need an opinion on whether painting the fog lamp insert in body colour looks better or not ? Hope this is the right place on the forum for this opinion.
I feel you should leave it as Original. it looks better that way.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 16:27   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Dieselite, awaiting your review soon and the Fogs look nice the way they are.
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 16:37   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on an awesome purchase Dieselite! My only gripe is that you went for the boring automatic than the lively and lovely manual transmission! Anyway enjoy your drive and please don't paint those fogs white! They look terrible! Just maintain the current look, absolute class!
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks