Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 11:23   #61
BANNED

Re: The Dark Knight© comes home - Story of my Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus

I guess it will be the crankcase breather or the battery breather tube.

This is seen in two wheelers also.

Anurag.
Old 30th October 2013, 17:39   #62

Hi Nishanth,

I have been reading your thread with a great deal of interest.

I am also from Mumbai and I have just booked a T-Jet and I wanted to raise a few queries with you (you having owned and driven a T-Jet for more than a year now):

1. Car Status/Niggles: How is the car holding up? Any maintenance issues/niggles that have arisen in this past year of ownership? (other than the loose hanging hose-pipe, that is)

2. Servicing: Where do you get your car serviced? What is your experience with the after sales service and which authorized service centre would you recommend?

3. Service Costs: What are the typical service costs that you have incurred? I own a swift and the service costs are typically in the range of Rs. 5,000-10,000.

4. Mileage: As an enthusiast and a GTO fan, I am embarrassed to ask you this but being Indian here I go – your initial post mentioned 10kmpl in Mumbai City and 12-14 on the highway. What is the present mileage figure (specifically in traffic) – particularly after this past year of ownership?

5. Tyre Upgrade: When I got my swift in 2008, it came shod with useless JK Vectra’s, I ran with them for 32k KM and then upgraded to MRF ZLO’s. For the Linea would you recommend an immediate tyre upgrade or is it ok to wait? Where in Mumbai did you get the new tyres from and what did it cost you? I know you did the former – but some advice on this would be useful.

6. Accessories: I saw the list of accessories that you got – is there anything that you’d recommend as an essential.

7. Fiat Improvements: There has been some noise by Fiat that it is moving toward exclusive dealerships and better customer care and service etc. – for instance, I sent them an e-mail on Sunday night and got a response from Fiat Customer Care by Monday morning. What is your experience? Have the quality of customer service improved?

8. Fun: I took the car for a test drive and the car blew me away – scary fast. Is it still as much fun, one year after purchase? Do you still long to drive it and does it still blow you away?

I know that I have raised many questions, but I would appreciate if you could take some time off and respond.

Cheers,

Vent Viper
Old 4th November 2013, 19:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentViper View Post
Hi Nishanth,

I have been reading your thread with a great deal of interest.

I am also from Mumbai and I have just booked a T-Jet and I wanted to raise a few queries with you (you having owned and driven a T-Jet for more than a year now):
Good choice mate! And I'm glad you enjoyed reeading the thread. And btw, the car is now over two years old!

Quote:
1. Car Status/Niggles: How is the car holding up? Any maintenance issues/niggles that have arisen in this past year of ownership? (other than the loose hanging hose-pipe, that is)
No maintainance issues as such. In fact my colleagues who bought Fluidic Verna/ANHC at the time when I bought TJet still feel I'm lying when I say this (such a strong bias against Fiat!).

There was a niggling issue of water getting under the driver side carpet for which I had to visit the A.S.S three times (Twice at Concorde and once at Fortune). Finally Fortune was able to pinpoint the exact cause and rectify it (FOC)

Quote:
2. Servicing: Where do you get your car serviced? What is your experience with the after sales service and which authorized service centre would you recommend?
I went to Concorde Worli (earlier called TCRS) for my 1st and 3rd service but was disappointed by the incompetence of Service Advisor (Gulam). Other than that, its a trustworthy place. However, I will advise Fortune Powai anyday. I have tried it for my 2nd service and for a small job. They are simply the best (esp SA Ashok).

By all means, please please avoid Wasan Motors Kandivali. They simply dont understand cars.

However all this becomes redundant now because AFAIK these A.S.S stopped accepting Fiat cars after Sep 30.

Quote:
3. Service Costs: What are the typical service costs that you have incurred? I own a swift and the service costs are typically in the range of Rs. 5,000-10,000.
Third service was the most expensive till date and it cost me Rs 6.3k I have been told one can assume an average of 6-9k for major servicing (i.e. at every 30k km intervals).

Quote:
4. Mileage: As an enthusiast and a GTO fan, I am embarrassed to ask you this but being Indian here I go – your initial post mentioned 10kmpl in Mumbai City and 12-14 on the highway. What is the present mileage figure (specifically in traffic) – particularly after this past year of ownership?
I still get around 9-10 kmpl with 100% AC in Mumbai traffic. Havent gone for a highway ride in a long time so cannot comment.
Quote:
5. Tyre Upgrade: When I got my swift in 2008, it came shod with useless JK Vectra’s, I ran with them for 32k KM and then upgraded to MRF ZLO’s. For the Linea would you recommend an immediate tyre upgrade or is it ok to wait? Where in Mumbai did you get the new tyres from and what did it cost you? I know you did the former – but some advice on this would be useful.
The stock tires I got were NCT5s which are very noisy and it just worsens as the tires age. Most TJet owners I know ended up changing tires after 20-25k kms. So its better to do it in the beginning I suggest. Unless you get a different brand nowdays.

I went for Michelin Primacy LC and bought them from Saifee, Santacruz. I think it was 9450 per tire and I got a good buy back for OE new tires as well.
Quote:
6. Accessories: I saw the list of accessories that you got – is there anything that you’d recommend as an essential.
Maybe reverse parking sensors? The car is looong and it gets difficult to judge at times.

Quote:
7. Fiat Improvements: There has been some noise by Fiat that it is moving toward exclusive dealerships and better customer care and service etc. – for instance, I sent them an e-mail on Sunday night and got a response from Fiat Customer Care by Monday morning. What is your experience? Have the quality of customer service improved?
Insider pro tip - Mangesh is THE guy who can sort you out if A.S.S is creating unnecessary troubles. However I have not tried exclusive Fiat dealerships so cannot comment on their treatment.
Quote:
8. Fun: I took the car for a test drive and the car blew me away – scary fast. Is it still as much fun, one year after purchase? Do you still long to drive it and does it still blow you away?
Oh yes, without a doubt! The car is my most prized possession till date. I absolutely love taking her for a spin whenever possible and it still brings the adrenaline rush just like it did on Day 1
nishantgandhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 22:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

I have moved out of India and my beloved is lying unused in Delhi. My dad is afraid to drive such a powerful and long car. I'm contemplating a sale. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Serious buyers only. This is as good as letting go of a body part for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP app
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks