Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 21:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Torque Day - Driving the Mahindra XUV 5OO on the Buddh International Circuit

Was the event, but did not get to drive, had driven earlier at the Ford event. It was much better organized than the Ford event. Some pics:

Torque Day - Driving the Mahindra XUV 5OO on the Buddh International Circuit-dscf0536.jpg

Torque Day - Driving the Mahindra XUV 5OO on the Buddh International Circuit-dscf0538.jpg

Torque Day - Driving the Mahindra XUV 5OO on the Buddh International Circuit-dscf0558.jpg

Torque Day - Driving the Mahindra XUV 5OO on the Buddh International Circuit-dscf0609.jpg

Torque Day - Driving the Mahindra XUV 5OO on the Buddh International Circuit-dscf0612.jpg

Torque Day - Driving the Mahindra XUV 5OO on the Buddh International Circuit-dscf0618.jpg

Torque Day - Driving the Mahindra XUV 5OO on the Buddh International Circuit-dscf0637.jpg

Torque Day - Driving the Mahindra XUV 5OO on the Buddh International Circuit-dscf0648.jpg

It was fun, but there was also a lot of irresponsible driving during both events. We were given strict instructions to not overtake anyone, at least not around corners. During the Ford event there were people overtaking even after that and during the M&M event there were people overtaking around corners dangerously.

I can imagine it being very frustrating to not be able to go as fast as you can because of the slow vehicle in front of you, but safety is more important than breaking your personal lap record. There are drivers of varying experience and abilities on the track, it will not take much to freak out one of the lesser experienced drivers and cause an accident.

I thought the M&M event, being organized by Northern Motorsports, would actually be a bit stricter in enforcing the norms, but, sadly, this was not the case. We had people bragging about overtaking others around a corner and then going out of control and off track. One of these days we will have a silly, avoidable accident on BIC due to this attitude.

I can only hope that people who have the privilege to experience the track will eventually chose safety over personal thrill.
codelust is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 22:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Torque Day - Driving the Mahindra XUV 5OO on the Buddh International Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
Was the event, but did not get to drive, had driven earlier at the Ford event. It was much better organized than the Ford event. Some pics:
Hi buddy, is the black XUV in the first pic your's?

It looks mean with the tyres jutting out... Personally, I loved it.
Old 22nd May 2012, 01:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hi buddy, is the black XUV in the first pic your's?

It looks mean with the tyres jutting out... Personally, I loved it.
No that's not mine. I was in a XUV of my bro-in-law. The one in the pic was a stunner, the photo does not do it enough justice. Was much meaner in real life. I think it had a TBHP sticker on it. So it could be of one of the members here.
codelust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 09:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
No that's not mine. I was in a XUV of my bro-in-law. The one in the pic was a stunner, the photo does not do it enough justice. Was much meaner in real life. I think it had a TBHP sticker on it. So it could be of one of the members here.

+1 the black XUV is hot!

The guy driving in the 20 odd minute video posted on the front page had a shocking driving style

This XUV should be on sale here in Australia soon according to a few news articles but there is nothing on the Mahindra website! I'm keen to check one out
Old 24th January 2013, 04:03   #35
BHPian

The Torque Day is scheduled on 3rd Feb. Are there any Tbhp members attending it?
I will for sure.
Old 24th January 2013, 07:15   #36
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
The Torque Day is scheduled on 3rd Feb. Are there any Tbhp members attending it?
I will for sure.
I believe this would be by invitation only. Have you heard from Mahindras yet?
The XUV homepage is still on the Asean-India rally.
Old 24th January 2013, 09:10   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP

I believe this would be by invitation only. Have you heard from Mahindras yet?
The XUV homepage is still on the Asean-India rally.
I got a call from my RM asking if I was interested. I obliged
Old 30th January 2013, 09:27   #38
BHPian

Torque day is on 2nd Feb.
Got email and a call from M&M and I happily registered for the same.
Just got a confirmation and really looking forward to the big day!
Old 30th January 2013, 09:50   #39
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
I got a call from my RM asking if I was interested. I obliged
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
Torque day is on 2nd Feb.
Got email and a call from M&M and I happily registered for the same.
Just got a confirmation and really looking forward to the big day!

Congratulations to both of you!
Please record footage from inside your cars and share. Would love to see how it feels inside during those sharp turns and fast braking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks