Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2012, 20:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda City 2012 VMT. New member in the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Congratulations on the new buy. I've quite enjoyed driving my friend's new City; it loves to get revved, and the refinement and NVH are a world apart from the Linea diesel I'm used to. Wishing you many happy years with your City!
Thanks One77, Even though I own the City, I am a die hard fan of the Fiats. Linea was high in the list. But owning one also meant that I would have to face the similar issues when it comes to after sale service. I have been hearing for quite some time (almost 4 years) that Fiat would start a service center here at Kollam. If it had, it would have been another story Come to think of it- Honda has two fully equipped service centers at Kollam while a company like Fiat who is aiming for the mass market has NONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
congratulations on your purchase!
Honda makes extremely refined enigines and that is something you'll get addicted to and would not want to switch your car with anything else but a Honda in the future.
Thanks Infotech, sure I am loving the drive and from the day One the car just feels like an extension of you mind. Will surely post my first and second service experience soon. I see you drive an Accord- a vehicle that truly impressed me. So in future, may be an Accord in future!
Old 30th June 2012, 17:42   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your new possession..!! well written post and some nice pictures.

Enjoy a happy and safe drive
Old 1st July 2012, 13:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
Story begins in a drive from Trivandrum (my native place)...
Hi KL01BE,
Congratulations.
Thanks for a detailedand great write up and wonderful snaps !
Your snaps raises the desire in me to head back to Kerala again for a long, long drive...
Good to see a detailed ownership thread in the making. Do keep posting.

Last edited by Guderian : 1st July 2012 at 13:37.
Old 2nd July 2012, 14:22   #19
BHPian

Congratulations KL01. That was quite a jump from Swift ZDi to Honda City. One rare instance of a diesel jumping on to petrol. I'm sure you will enjoy the refinement accompanied with niggle free ownership for many years.

Have fun revving it hard.
Old 9th July 2012, 23:56   #20
BHPian

Thank you arup.misra , General & fiesta for the encouraging comments. The Honda City is truly a machine which wants you to press the metal to the floor!

Have a look at what the Very New HC looks at night
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City 2012 VMT. New member in the family-20120709134.jpg  

Honda City 2012 VMT. New member in the family-20120709135.jpg  

Honda City 2012 VMT. New member in the family-20120709136.jpg  

Honda City 2012 VMT. New member in the family-20120709137.jpg  

Honda City 2012 VMT. New member in the family-20120709136.jpg  

Honda City 2012 VMT. New member in the family-20120709139.jpg  

Honda City 2012 VMT. New member in the family-20120709140.jpg  

Honda City 2012 VMT. New member in the family-20120709138.jpg  

KL01BE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 10:37   #21
BHPian

Had an interesting day with the City or rather a night with the City. Second service over, engine running smoothly, decided to check the capability of the City at night, in the NH. Reached speeds upto 120 km/hr in a straight and traffic less area in the NH. Engine was smooth and daring to do more. But the empty stretch did not last long hence had to slow down. Also checked the braking capacity, though unintentionally. A rude driver in a dezire came from a different lane to the NH. Had to break rather harshly and happy to say, the City performed superbly. ABS worked and came to a smooth halt with out kissing the dezire.
KL01BE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 19:25   #22
BHPian

What we Indians dont have in Honda city 2012

Here is a list of what Honda offers to rest of the world.

Vehicle Stability Assist
Music system with CD
Coat Hooks (may not be that necessary)
Rear seat under trays
Anchorage points for securing a Child restraint system
Security sytem and alarm indicator. No Ultra Sonic sensors
Customizing auto door locking/unlocking
Beeper :- if parking brake is not fully released ( not tested)
Cancelling dimming when lights are ON.
Old 27th July 2012, 19:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
Here is a list of what Honda offers to rest of the world.
This practice is followed by almost all manufacturers in the world. All manufacturers strip down the variants for our country to cut down the costs.

Some of the features like CD player is available as accessory which comes at unusual price.
Old 17th August 2012, 10:57   #24
BHPian

Honda City 2012 VMT (Simba). New member in the family

In Indian tradition, "naming" has got a lot of relevance. When it comes to naming our cars, we T-Bhpians are very passionate - so I gathered from reading many posts in here. We have the Admiral, Pegasuses, Golden Angel, The Bison to name a few. Following the tradition, after spending quite some time on searching for a true name, I am glad to say I have found one suitable.

Our rides are extensions of our mind and our character. So, name of the ride should also reflect the passion and to a good extend the character.

So I have name him "Simba" - the cute lion cub from the Walt disney's Lion King. Who has had his number of falls but does not fail to live up.

So cheers to all T-Bhpians and my Simba
Old 17th August 2012, 20:02   #25
BHPian

Congrats KL01BE !
Happy to see a TeamBhpian with the username KL01BE that too from my native place kollam.
Nice ownership review !
Wishing You Happy miles ahead
Drive Safe
VishnuNarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 14:58   #26
BHPian

The first service of Simba was done at the Peninsular facilty at Kollam. The place for deserted. I did the under body coating by 3M there and the total bill was Rs.3200/- The job was done nicely and there were no other vehicles there. The service person promptly dropped my vehicle at my office. So far so good.
Old 14th September 2012, 15:29   #27
BHPian

Sorry for late congratulations KL01BE, you have definitely bought not only an excellent car, but also peace of mind with it. Amongst various options City Automatic was in my mind when I was searching for my first car, but family (read wife and mom) were simply of the opinion that a first car should not have a high budget, otherwise, I would have been driving a City right now, the discounts during February-March 2012 period were quite tempting. Ultimately I ended up with a Brio S(O), the only thing I regret with Brio is lack of auto option. You have written in your review that you bought 2 Honda-labeled pillows with your car, but I believe they come in free with the car, don't they? At least I got them free and have seen most of the customers getting them complimentary.

Once again, congratulations for the nice car and nicer color too!
Old 17th September 2012, 02:42   #28
BHPian

Hey KL01BE, did you by any chance check with the dealer if auto door lock can be enabled? It is a must have safety feature & I am still wondering how could Honda miss this? Cars in A or B segment comes with a auto door lock. Thanks in advance.
Old 17th September 2012, 11:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrikantDora
Hey KL01BE, did you by any chance check with the dealer if auto door lock can be enabled? It is a must have safety feature & I am still wondering how could Honda miss this? Cars in A or B segment comes with a auto door lock. Thanks in advance.
Worth finding out. I have seen it mentioned in the owners manual. Must ask the SS guys soon. Is anyone going there soon enough?
Old 16th October 2012, 23:35   #30
BHPian

I am thinking of going for a Honda City at Pune. The festive season is here. But other than first year free insurance the dealers are offering nothing for the EMT model. Anybody has any other experience or discounts from the dealers anywhere else?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks