Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:43   #16
BHPian

Re: My new Maruti Suzuki Ritz VDi - Glistening Grey - A Review

Many congrats for this sensible switch to a practical diesel hatch. Your review is crisp and the pictures do all the talking. Very well written. Loved the colour of the car too.

Did you not consider the VDi with ABS option? Or was the waiting period too long for that?

The new Swift could do well with the Ritz's boot space and the 60:40 rear split option - 2 features that are sorely lacking.

Hope you have a wonderful experience in your Ritz. No more petrol price hike worries.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 16:02   #17
BHPian

hey hearty congratulation on the Ritz !! Really nice review, loved the narration and the pics !!

Btw, if you dont mind sharing - how much did True Value paid you for the 8 months old i10 ?
dar3dev|l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Amazing report blue_pulsar, it is comparable to "Official Car Review" bro.

If you ask me, I would probably suggest you to upsize the tires on your Ritzy at the earliest. Since you don't have an ABS, I am pretty sure, this would improve the braking if not anything.
Thanks man, I'm humbled!
Yes, the car change will happen pretty soon. I'm accumulating some Vitamin-M for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
In my 4th service, I was also charged for the grease, some clips and other small stuffs. It came close to around Rs.70. I agree, such minimal charges should be avoided and it is not at all ethical to charge for 'grease and some Rs.2 clippings'.
It is okay if some part really costs <Rs.100. How can they just charge me for "Consumables". Do I know if they put in grease worth Rs. 100? Shouldn't grease be a part of the service charges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Congratulations blue_pulsar, a very detailed and crisp write up too!!
Did you take auto loan for this purchase? If yes, could you please share the interest details or other offers you might have got form the lending institution?
Thanks! No hypothecation on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Got to respect this attention to detail. Congrats on the Ritz and thanks for sharing this beautiful review with us.

The Ritz makes a compelling case for itself (vis a vis the Swift):

1. Cheaper
2. More practical (higher seating etc.)
3. Better boot
4. No waiting period
5. Ritz VDi brakes are way superior to the Swift VDi brakes
6. I prefer the Ritz rear seat (placement, seating position) over that of the Swift.

If you ever wanted to know how looks & image lead to a car's success, consider the Swift vs Ritz sales situation.

Drive safe
Thanks GTO. Your comparo is absolutely spot on. I feel Ritz will continue to be a cheaper car for Maruti, even after the cosmetic upgrade. Correct me if you feel otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Many congrats for this sensible switch to a practical diesel hatch. Your review is crisp and the pictures do all the talking. Very well written. Loved the colour of the car too.

Did you not consider the VDi with ABS option? Or was the waiting period too long for that?

Hope you have a wonderful experience in your Ritz. No more petrol price hike worries.
Thanks! VDi ABS had a waiting period of 2-3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
hey hearty congratulation on the Ritz !! Really nice review, loved the narration and the pics !!

Btw, if you dont mind sharing - how much did True Value paid you for the 8 months old i10 ?
Thanks! My i10 was not 8 month old. I owned it for 8 months. I had bought it used.
blue_pulsar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi blue_pulsar,

Many congratulations on getting the Maruti Ritz!

IMO Ritz is highly underrated car and Swift is highly overrated car. But you have made the right decision by choosing the Ritz D over swift. Both money and time saved! I only wish Maruti had designed the rear of the car little better - no issues from the front.

Do keep the thread updated with FE and Service updates.

Wishing you happy and safe driving!

Last edited by bluevolt : 3rd July 2012 at 18:51.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 00:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! That is a wonderful review and I own the same car in the same color. I got mine last year when the prices were way low. I totally love the turbo kick above 1900 rpm, overall space inside and the front seats. The front seats are easily the best in class. Do you too suffer from the infamous 'khat' sound every time you move down a speed braker at speeds anything above 10 kmph?
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 07:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi blue_pulsar,

Many congratulations on getting the Maruti Ritz!

IMO Ritz is highly underrated car and Swift is highly overrated car. But you have made the right decision by choosing the Ritz D over swift. Both money and time saved! I only wish Maruti had designed the rear of the car little better - no issues from the front.

Do keep the thread updated with FE and Service updates.

Wishing you happy and safe driving!
Thanks! I'll definitely keep FE figures, mods (if any) and service details updated in this thread.

Well, I'm a big Swift fan. The older Swift was pretty VFM when it was launched. Subsequent price hikes on the older Swift, price hike when the newer Swift was launched and 3(?) price hikes thereafter have taken away the VFM tag from the Swift. More so with the LDi and VDi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Congrats!! That is a wonderful review and I own the same car in the same color. I got mine last year when the prices were way low. I totally love the turbo kick above 1900 rpm, overall space inside and the front seats. The front seats are easily the best in class. Do you too suffer from the infamous 'khat' sound every time you move down a speed braker at speeds anything above 10 kmph?
Thanks!
Never heard the 'khat' on speed breakers though. My car had a different khat-khat which I believe was an error from the factory and oversight from PDI too. Whenever I braked, I used to hear this continuous khat-khat-khat-khat. Went to the workshop and they found that it was 'overtightened' parking brake. They fixed it. The issue hasn't reoccured now.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Ritz, and wish you a safe and happy ownership period with your car!

Your attention to detail is commendable!The Ritz is more VFM thanks to Maruti's pricing of the Swift, and you also don't have to wait as long for the Ritz.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 09:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

@blue_pulsar, a very detailed review, with nice pictures to match. Thanks for sharing.

If not for the cut-in-the-rear look of the Ritz, this car would have been even more popular and would maybe also have liberated some more boot space.
In the current form, it ends up playing underdog to popular sibling Swift. I am surprised it does not have a ZDi yet.

My BIL is looking to upgrade from the M800 and wants diesel (like everyone else today, though it is another matter whether the needs justify it or not) and he likes the Swift.
I suggested the Ritz-VDi to him as a cheaper option that does almost all that the Swift-VDi would do + quick delivery. But he is stuck on the Swift for now.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 13:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your latest buy! Nice writeup and even nicer pics indeed (with the street pics on the NICE road).

This would go a long way for many of us who are contemplating the Ritz in the near future. Will surely forward this thread to any one seeking advice on this car.

IMO they should retain the front which looks mature rather than pasting a near A Star looking one. The rear is much talked about but one gets used to it in the long run.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 13:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Congrats on the Ritz, and wish you a safe and happy ownership period with your car!

Your attention to detail is commendable!The Ritz is more VFM thanks to Maruti's pricing of the Swift, and you also don't have to wait as long for the Ritz.
Thanks you your comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@blue_pulsar, a very detailed review, with nice pictures to match. Thanks for sharing.

If not for the cut-in-the-rear look of the Ritz, this car would have been even more popular and would maybe also have liberated some more boot space.
In the current form, it ends up playing underdog to popular sibling Swift. I am surprised it does not have a ZDi yet.

My BIL is looking to upgrade from the M800 and wants diesel (like everyone else today, though it is another matter whether the needs justify it or not) and he likes the Swift.
I suggested the Ritz-VDi to him as a cheaper option that does almost all that the Swift-VDi would do + quick delivery. But he is stuck on the Swift for now.
Yes, even I feel Ritz will continue to be cheaper than the Swift. Also, exterior dimension-wise, the new Swift is a lot bigger than the Ritz.
For you BIL, if he has some spare cash and doesn't mind waiting, he should pick up the Swift. Also, he should keep in mind the lesser boot space and absence of 60:40 split. T-BHP reviews also suggest that brakes on VDi are weaker. So, ZDi should be the best option for him, if he can stretch his budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Congratulations on your latest buy! Nice writeup and even nicer pics indeed (with the street pics on the NICE road).

This would go a long way for many of us who are contemplating the Ritz in the near future. Will surely forward this thread to any one seeking advice on this car.

IMO they should retain the front which looks mature rather than pasting a near A Star looking one. The rear is much talked about but one gets used to it in the long run.
Thanks for your comments! I love to drive on NICE road. Those roads are comparable to roads in the US, I feel.
Old 6th July 2012, 14:15   #26
BHPian

Hi blue_pulsar,

Congratulations on your new ride. I hope you clock millions of kilomitres. I have heard the AC for ritz is super chilly. Is that the case ? Any upgrades planned ?
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 01:36   #27
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
On straight expressways, cruising all day at 120 should not be a problem. Exceed the speed of 130 and that’s when things seem uncomfortable. At saner and safer speeds, around 90-100, the car is stable, rides flat and pretty much hugs the road (not to be compared to European and American cars). Doing 120 on the Ritz gives the same confidence as doing 90 on the i10. The shakiness of the i10 at 100-110 is felt around the 130 mark in the Ritz.
Firstly! Congratulations on the car and that is a good detailed review.

About the speed in excess of 130, I guess either its the tyres or it just takes getting used to. Mine has Turanza 185/70, and I feel comfortable doing 155km/h after that its an engine limitation more than handling. The highest I managed was 172 on the speedo and that didn't feel too great in terms of control but again 130 on straights? should not unsettle the car.
SLK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 21:47   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review.We own a Ritz Vxi(2010) and have been very happy with the car.It feels much solidly built than other Marutis that i have owned/driven.Now the car is with my brother and he has been getting an average of over 16kmpl since last 4-5 months in city driving with AC.We did a long trip in it last August( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...nh28-24-a.html ) and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The Bridgestones are much-much better than JK Tyres.Ours is shod with Bridgestones and my uncle's Ritz has JKs.JKs suffer from poor ride quality,more cabin noise and poor braking.
The side strips do help,especially when parked in a tight space,it prevents car doors of other cars to dent/scratch yours.
Happy and safe driving to you!
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 11:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase , this is a neat reliable car. We have had one for 3 years now , top end petrol , and till date there have been no problems with it. 3 years on there is the odd rattle here and there but in terms of reliability absolutely no problem. great to drive in the city and a good drive on the highway as well - it serves as our second car and not the choice while going out on long highway drives but we have taken her once in a while and done Delhi - Chandigarh and its been absolutely fine.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 13:10   #30
BANNED

Great review and stunning photos to complement it. At par with TBHP's officia review. Just two quick questions. Any idea when is the facelifted Ritz launch expected and how is the car's stability on highways at 130+ (though I agree this not the speed one would often touch but still)?

Thanks for the review.
anandjha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks