Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2012, 19:12   #46
BHPian

Re: My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Black isn't all that bad! Actually the Yeti looks best in black as the bumpers and B-pillar blend in. I do get it polished once in 6 months to keep it shiny. The only drawback is that it heats more in the summer..
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
As behemoth pointed out, it goes perfectly with the black bumpers, the pillars sync in well with black exterior too. I usually buy grey cars, and Skoda doesn't offer grey shade in for yeti, so i am planning to go with the black.

Not many options available in stock, so in the end will have to go with silver or beige color.
No offence to anyone but i had a black SX4 and i had a really tough time. clean it up in the morning and in the evening you feel depressed that the black is changing into a shade of brown. park it in sunlight and you can see all the swirl marks. i did a fuzzo coat polish of the car every month and 3M detailing every 6 months, but still everytime i saw my car i used to feel hurt.

before the SX4 right from the Zen all my cars were either Silver or White. SX4 was a pardigm shift and never did i regret so much in life like i did with it. After SX4 till date all my cars agsin have been silver or white!
Old 14th August 2012, 19:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
No offence to anyone but i had a black SX4 and i had a really tough time.
Well Sunilrj, colour is a very personal choice and thereby its existence in its varied forms. I too was a stickler for lighter shades and always had either white or silver. Only on my last buy I experimented with choosing a darker shade (a red wine colour) and was very apprehensive. But the fact was that the car in question (a Superb) just was not looking that great in either white or silver but had a great road presence in the dark wine colour. But it sure is a pain to maintain and easily gets dirty though I don't have that much of an issue with swirl marks as I polish my car every month. I too will never choose black especially in Indian conditions which are so dusty and my next buy will definitely again be either silver or white. But at the end of the day I just love this Rosso Brunello shade. Sorry for going OT -

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-superb03_201208090815.jpg
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 22:39   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I had been driving a Honda Civic since 2009. It has taken me to most of the northern, western and southern states of India, mostly along the Golden Quadrilateral.
=========
Attachment 954349

Hi!

Can you share the pricing details of the Yeti Elegance viz, Ex-showroom price, insurance amount, type of insurance, etc. Also, any other details which are relevant. If you could post a scanned picture of your Invoice, it would prove very useful to all other yeti buyers to get a good deal from skoda dealers all over the country
Old 29th November 2012, 13:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

The Yeti has got some more rough road treatments, including wheel arcs, door threshold strips, rubber carpet for luggage compartment (rear)

Off-road packet - Wheel Arc extensions
My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-dsc_0220.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-dsc_0216.jpg

Threshold strip (All black)
My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-dsc_0222.jpg

Exhaust Tail Pipe
My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-dsc_0226.jpg

My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-1.jpg

Also performed the first general checkup 7500 kms/6 months. Engine oil/wipper water top up. No error codes found. The service experience with Jai Auto (mathura road) is really horrible. The service center can't cope up with the number of cars. No discipline in the staffs attitude, a lady management staff having an open quarrel with a junior service advisor, customers not attended to, and no sync between service advisor and technicians etc.. pathetic! Now I am even more conscious about the long term implication of such Skoda service and maintenance on my yeti. What a sharp contrast to Honda service that I am accustom to! I will switch to a different service station for the next service. Any recommendation in NCR?

Last edited by iTNerd : 29th November 2012 at 13:11.
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 17:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
The Yeti has got some more rough road treatments, including wheel arcs, door threshold strips, rubber carpet for luggage compartment (rear)

The service experience with Jai Auto (mathura road) is really horrible. The service center can't cope up with the number of cars. No discipline in the staffs attitude, a lady management staff having an open quarrel with a junior service advisor, customers not attended to, and no sync between service advisor and technicians etc.. pathetic! Now I am even more conscious about the long term implication of such Skoda service and maintenance on my yeti. What a sharp contrast to Honda service that I am accustom to! I will switch to a different service station for the next service. Any recommendation in NCR?
Now the Yeti Looks Good! BTW has the tail pipe been sawed off ? if not you will have to appoint a guard to keep the chrome tips secure!

As regards the service Experience, send a mail to customer care, with a request to forward it to the concerned regional service Manager and Mr. Sudhir Rao.
Old 29th November 2012, 20:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Now the Yeti Looks Good! BTW has the tail pipe been sawed off ? if not you will have to appoint a guard to keep the chrome tips secure!

As regards the service Experience, send a mail to customer care, with a request to forward it to the concerned regional service Manager and Mr. Sudhir Rao.
Yes, the steel pipes were sawed off. As you know, the steel pipe is thick and robust. Sawing it off was a painful process. Initially, the skoda workshop people tried with a iron blade and later with electric saw machine. In both cases, they hesitated as it was taking a lot of time in just cutting a few centimeters. Later, they informed me that the exhaust system had to be removed from the car so that the mechanic can saw it with ease. I refused saying that nothing of that steps are mentioned in the installation manual. Finally, they convinced me not to install the chrome pipes or to go to a professional workshop. I approached the manager and told him it is disheartening that they were unable to follow the installation process given in the Skoda manual. He assigned another body shop technician to saw off as instructed without removing the exhaust system. After waiting for 2 hrs, finally, they were able to saw off the steel tips crudely and the install went through. They asked me if I would want to apply a welding point to each chrome tip to the steel pipe for greater hold, but I refused because I tried my best to pull off the chrome tip, but it won't come out. Happy ending at last! They charged Rs 3000 as labour fee for installing the wheel arcs, exhaust tips and the door silt.

Last edited by iTNerd : 29th November 2012 at 20:16.
Old 5th December 2012, 17:29   #52
Senior - BHPian

One of the complain on the Yeti I have is about the quality of the wipers, both front and rear. When they are turned on, they make some harsh noise with the wipers appear to be stuck at times during operation. I have cleaned, waxed them but the noise/issue persists. On the contrary, the wipers on the Civic (they are Bosch, i think) never failed me (no replacement done yet) and works smoothly. I guess the Yeti's wipers are not the best quality.

To all Skoda owners - Do you experience such issue with the wipers? If so, have you done any workaround? Have you replaced them with after market ones?
Old 5th December 2012, 17:33   #53
BHPian

The problem is not with the wipers but with the glass. The glass comes shrink wrapped to the factory in India and the gummy / oily residue is to be removed during PDI. Normally the PDI technicians overlook this aspect as the glass appears clean.

Solution: clean the glass with a solution of Colin, or apply a coat of RainX or similar liquid. The problem will vanish
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 20:20   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quick update: 9000 kms in 9 months. This has become my primary mode of transport and had been subjected to all kind of roads, but the yeti won't complain. It just keep on going with no niggles what so ever. I hope it remains so! The mileage is really good for this class of vehicle (~15-16 kmpl) with aggressive driving (it is toooo difficult to drive passively with this car... ask any Yetians).

The rear emblem (monogram) got stolen a few weeks back. Today, I gave the car to Nawab Motors, Noida for washing (as it was very dirty!). To my surprise, they put a brand new emblem under warranty when I took delivery. It costs around 1100 bucks plus tax, but the supervisor was kind enough to waive that off and put it under warranty. I felt very good, not because of the free emblem, but the fact that it came from a Skoda dealer! I'll be sticking to this particular service station in future, no doubts
Old 14th March 2013, 20:39   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The rear emblem (monogram) got stolen a few weeks back. Today, I gave the car to Nawab Motors, Noida for washing (as it was very dirty!). To my surprise, they put a brand new emblem under warranty when I took delivery. It costs around 1100 bucks plus tax, but the supervisor was kind enough to waive that off and put it under warranty. I felt very good, not because of the free emblem, but the fact that it came from a Skoda dealer! I'll be sticking to this particular service station in future, no doubts
That is because there was a recall to change the rear emblems on Yeti's, that's why you got it under warranty. The Skoda dealer must've thought it had fallen off (which actually may have happened since the recall was for emblems which were not stuck on properly).
Old 14th March 2013, 20:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
That is because there was a recall to change the rear emblems on Yeti's, that's why you got it under warranty. The Skoda dealer must've thought it had fallen off (which actually may have happened since the recall was for emblems which were not stuck on properly).
Premature judgement I must say on my part haha! I am not sure if it was fallen off or was taken off. Just the black inner convex layer remained. Anyway, at least happy that they didn't charge me for it (as I didn't have the knowledge of the recall/change notice from Skoda)
Old 15th March 2013, 10:33   #57
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the info Akshay. The rear logo on the Yeti got picked as well. I shall insist on a FOC replacement. The Car shall go to service after 20th March.

iTNerd - You looking forward for another Car after replacing this? I believe I read it somewhere. Curious...??
Old 15th March 2013, 11:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The rear emblem (monogram) got stolen a few weeks back. Today, I gave the car to Nawab Motors, Noida for washing (as it was very dirty!). To my surprise, they put a brand new emblem under warranty when I took delivery. It costs around 1100 bucks plus tax, but the supervisor was kind enough to waive that off and put it under warranty.
I doubt it was stolen - the rear emblem has a habit of falling down. Mine fell off twice, the first being in our own parking lot (therefore the 'stolen' theory was quickly abandoned).

On the second occasion it was replaced without cost - this seems to be Skoda policy so the supervisor isnt doing you any favour.

Why would someone steal the large Skoda badge from behind a Yeti - it wont fit any other Skoda and there are very few Yetis around. Where is the market for a stolen badge?
Old 16th May 2013, 13:52   #59
BHPian

Hello.Enjoyed seeing the pictures of the Mod you have done.Am getting a Denison Gateway Five for the Volkswagen shortly.Would appreciate if you share information on where you got the system fitted at Bangalore.Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 15:50   #60
BHPian

Skoda have now increased the price of all its models. Guess that will make the Yeti Elegance dearer to the tune of 17 thousand. A pity really as you do not see enough numbers of this beautiful vehicle on Indian roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks