Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2013, 18:35   #16
BHPian

re: Complete Pictorial Review of the Maruti A-Star VXi MT | EDIT: Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Thanks for the pictorial guide to an underrated car. The day/night function in IRVM being absent is a deal breaker for me. Do you know if they have fitted it in the newer models?

Thanks,
Simple_car
I have a 2011 December A Star Zxi and last month I got a day/night IRVM fixed from the MASS. The one from the previous generation Wagon RVxi is an almost direct fit. The damage to my pocket was Rs. 700/- but it has made a world of difference in my night driging. Just loving it. If possible try to get the lens / cover of the cabin lamp of the Wagon R too as the A Star lens leaves a small 2 mm gap on one side. There I have made the deal for you.

Last edited by Ramon : 23rd July 2013 at 18:36. Reason: Spelling mistake
Ramon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 20:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100kmph View Post
Ride and handling:
The ride quality is neither too soft nor too bouncy.Most of the irregularities of the road are taken care of with ease. On the rear seats the ride becomes a tad bouncy making it a bit uncomfortable for the rear passengers. Thigh support and bolstering is also not great in the rear seats while the front seats are very well countoured and well bolstered which helps in minimizing body roll.

On the handling point of view the bug is an absolute gem. The perfectly weighted EPS is good for both city as well as highway runs. The feedback is good and the car moves exactly on the line you intend to.
This is where the A-star puts a smile on the face, or a grin maybe. Rear space,boot space,bug-eyes,lack of equipments get thrown out of the small rear window when you know the Hyundai or the Chevy that just overtook you will be slowing at the next curve when you can zoom pass it without even dropping a tad of your speed.
Old 24th September 2013, 06:59   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
This is where the A-star puts a smile on the face, or a grin maybe. Rear space,boot space,bug-eyes,lack of equipments get thrown out of the small rear window when you know the Hyundai or the Chevy that just overtook you will be slowing at the next curve when you can zoom pass it without even dropping a tad of your speed.

Definetly. We own a 2011 A-Star in black. The three (3) cylinder engine was designed around this car, so it does its job very well.
I did not like the seats though, mainly because
1. Very very uncomfortable- causes lower back pain at the lowest setting (I am 5'10"), and I cannot see what's outside at the highest setting. The in between settings are very undecided, so you need to actually spend some time with the driver's seat for a good ergonomic posture.
2. The head rest: What headrest. , really bad no support offered at all.
Any possibility of swapping it with the Wagon R seats?

The most I love in this car is its gearbox and suspension setup. It is comparable to the Swift in terms of handling: sweet and eager to attack corners.
Old 13th October 2013, 22:00   #19

Hey,
I have been searching for the center arm rest for my A Star. I think I finally found one. I would like to know if anyone has purchased this. If so, please post your feedback.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-Arm-Rest-Sliding-Centre-Console-Maruti-Suzuki-Alto-09-/250967162484>
Old 16th November 2013, 19:23   #20
BHPian

Hi, sold the car yesterday for 2.40L. The car had run 14,xxx in almost 5 years.
The main -ves of the car were:
  1. Space,space,space,too little of it
  2. Poor low end torque with ac on makes city driving a handful
  3. Pulsation in the gear lever while accelerating or retarding in 3rd gear
  4. Suspension noise from the front left
  5. Reverse gear refusing to engage sometimes
  6. High dashboard and low seating doesn't do a favour to visibility. Add to that-Older A-Stars didn't have seat height adjust
Old 16th November 2013, 19:36   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100kmph View Post
Hi, sold the car yesterday for 2.40L. The car had run 14,xxx in almost 5 years.
The main -ves of the car were:
[*]Space,space,space,too little of it[*]Poor low end torque with ac on makes city driving a handful[*]Pulsation in the gear lever while accelerating or retarding in 3rd gear[*]Suspension noise from the front left[*]Reverse gear refusing to engage sometimes[*]High dashboard and low seating doesn't do a favour to visibility. Add to that-Older A-Stars didn't have seat height adjust
Thats very less usage and the car would have run a lot more miles. Any other particular reason for selling the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks