Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:40   #16
BHPian

Re: BMW E90 lci 320d exclusive

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Differential.

Congrats on getting a fantastic car! I wish you many many years of happy motoring.

I have the same question your friends asked you. Granted that lot of reviews have said that this outgoing 3 is more a drivers car than the newly launched model and is more fun to drive any day.

IS this the reason why you chose to go for the this one rather than wait for the newly launched 3 ?

And how much did it cost OTR ? Can you PM me the details please.

Last edited by GTO : 4th August 2012 at 14:53.
Old 3rd September 2012, 21:31   #17
BHPian

Its been a month and a half with my beemer. It guarantees to put a smile on my face every time i drive it.

Have done about 4000km. I have been driving with a pretty light foot and patiently waiting for the engine to run in. Fuel efficiency has been pretty decent, varying from 14 to 16kmpl. I have gotten used to the hardish ride. i have got the 5yr/60000k bsi ultimate.

No mods done yet. Am not planning any performance mods yet, but looking for a few carbonfibre bits to go on the car. The BMW original ones cost a bomb and am scouring other places for cheaper ones. if anybody have any leads please do help out. By the way am looking for carbonfibre mirror caps and front splitters.

will keep updating.

happy motoring
Old 7th September 2012, 12:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Its been a month and a half with my beemer. It guarantees to put a smile on my face every time i drive it.

Have done about 4000km. I have been driving with a pretty light foot and patiently waiting for the engine to run in. Fuel efficiency has been pretty decent, varying from 14 to 16kmpl. I have gotten used to the hardish ride. i have got the 5yr/60000k bsi ultimate.

No mods done yet. Am not planning any performance mods yet, but looking for a few carbonfibre bits to go on the car. The BMW original ones cost a bomb and am scouring other places for cheaper ones. if anybody have any leads please do help out. By the way am looking for carbonfibre mirror caps and front splitters.

will keep updating.

happy motoring

True..the original CF parts cost a bomb. The ORVM covers cost 25000INR each in Hyderabad.

All the best sourcing from elsewhere. South east Asia is a good bet.

pEaCe
Old 20th September 2012, 11:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:

will keep updating.

happy motoring
This might be quite late but Congrats! Could you share some interior pics? Would like to see how the beige interiors goes with the alpine white colour. Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 05:58   #20
BHPian

My interiors are saddle brown. I will try to put up some interior pics.
Old 21st September 2012, 11:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats diffrential, when did you purchase the BSI, I was informed about the price going up by 15% in Aug. I took 3 years 60K for 1.67 lakhs. 14 to 16 is good FE, I am stuck in 13 to 14 range these days, driving 320D with a light foot is not so easy!
Old 21st September 2012, 12:21   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly congrats on the 320d , the E90 always looks special in WHITE

Quote:

Have done about 4000km. I have been driving with a pretty light foot and patiently waiting for the engine to run in.
How much more running in ? Whats the Run-in kms mentioned in the manual ?
Old 21st September 2012, 20:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561
Firstly congrats on the 320d , the E90 always looks special in WHITE

How much more running in ? Whats the Run-in kms mentioned in the manual ?
I'm not too sure about the running in period so I assumed about 3000k just to be on the safer side. But no issues, as BMW recommends upto 3k rpm during the period. This equates to about 150kmph in 6th gear. Just deprived of fierce acceleration during this period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar
Congrats diffrential, when did you purchase the BSI, I was informed about the price going up by 15% in Aug. I took 3 years 60K for 1.67 lakhs. 14 to 16 is good FE, I am stuck in 13 to 14 range these days, driving 320D with a light foot is not so easy!
Thanks. I got BSI in aug. 5 yrs / 60k for 2.47 L. I guess it's worth the piece of mind. So far supremely satisfied with the 3.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please use Edit or Multi-quote option rather than type back to back posts on the same thread.

Last edited by noopster : 22nd September 2012 at 11:46.
Old 25th September 2012, 12:01   #24
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My dad was looking for an upgrade after he sold of his civic to my younger brother in Mumbai. Honestly, we started off with a wide range of cars from Superb 1.8TSI AT to the fully loaded Passat. Just called up the Merc dealer and was shocked to hear the discounts being offered on the C220 CDI (Executive Edition). We had almost finalized the car but just felt like checking out the Beamer (although I always thought that the Merc would be a better choice for my dad as it is more comfort oriented). We went to the BMW showroom and saw the E90 (outgoing edition). While I was always a die-hard BMW fan, even my dad was zapped with the look and feel of the BMW. They gave as an awesome discount and we ultimately booked the top end variant (Exclusive Edition - Deep Sea Blue with Oyster Black Interiors).

The experience so far as been "A New World". My dad is so happy and am so glad that I was able to purchase a BMW for him by becoming a minority shareholder in the car

Now, I am more or less convinced to go for the BSI Secure as I don't want him to be spending his savings in the servicing of the car.

Have tried by best not to push it till the running in period is on -- but man its so tough! Despite all my dogged determination, the car just touches 150 km/h on its own

Its a B-E-A utiful car in the words of Jim Carrey (Bruce Almighty)
Old 25th September 2012, 15:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari_driver View Post
Hi Guys,

My dad was looking for an upgrade after he sold of his civic to my younger brother in Mumbai. Honestly, we started off with a wide range of cars from Superb 1.8TSI AT to the fully loaded Passat. Just called up the Merc dealer and was shocked to hear the discounts being offered on the C220 CDI (Executive Edition). We had almost finalized the car but just felt like checking out the Beamer (although I always thought that the Merc would be a better choice for my dad as it is more comfort oriented). We went to the BMW showroom and saw the E90 (outgoing edition). While I was always a die-hard BMW fan, even my dad was zapped with the look and feel of the BMW. They gave as an awesome discount and we ultimately booked the top end variant (Exclusive Edition - Deep Sea Blue with Oyster Black Interiors).

The experience so far as been "A New World". My dad is so happy and am so glad that I was able to purchase a BMW for him by becoming a minority shareholder in the car

Now, I am more or less convinced to go for the BSI Secure as I don't want him to be spending his savings in the servicing of the car.

Have tried by best not to push it till the running in period is on -- but man its so tough! Despite all my dogged determination, the car just touches 150 km/h on its own

Its a B-E-A utiful car in the words of Jim Carrey (Bruce Almighty)
Congratulations on a wise decision. BSI and BMW Secure is a must for your BMW, try to stretch and buy 5yr/100000 KMs else go in for a minimum of 3yr/60000 KMs BSI.

Request you to PM me discount you managed on ex-showroom price, this may help a friend who is looking to buy E90. Thanks, enjoy your Bimmer.
Old 25th September 2012, 15:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Congratulations on a wise decision. BSI and BMW Secure is a must for your BMW, try to stretch and buy 5yr/100000 KMs else go in for a minimum of 3yr/60000 KMs BSI.

Thanks Rishi -- I really don't see our car running in for more than 10,000 Kms per year. This is why I am more keen to opt for the 5 year / 60,000 Km package.

However, if the price differential is not substantial, then I may consider the 5 year / 1,00,000 km one too - for this might encourage me to drive more every year
Old 19th January 2013, 22:14   #27
BHPian

the 10000km update.

its been slightly over six months and the beemer touched 10,000km last week.
its been uneventful so far and has spent most of its time on the highways.

one low point was my wheel hub logos were stolen and i had to replace 3 of them, each piece of plastic costing about 1100/-.

likes after 10,000k:

1. still feels like new.
2. go-kart like drive
3. fuel efficiency (averaging around 15 ish)
4. solid build
5. navigation actually works well

dislikes:

1. ride can be bone jarring on the 17 inchers, esp. on bad roads
2. run flats (not very reassuring, with BMW service points far apart!)
3. rear seat very cramped
4. almost nil storage space.

no mods yet other than the m sport black grill. looking for CF mirror caps and want to get black 320d badges..
Old 8th May 2014, 21:36   #28
BHPian

26000 km update.

The car has been performing as prescribed. the drive is still as fresh as it was when new.

Fuel efficiency very variable:
1. heavy bumper to bumper traffic - 9 to 10 kmpl
2. Highway steady pace 100-110 kmph about 17 to 18 kmpl
3. Highway spiritted drive about 14 to 16 kmpl

The issue with the run flats is still there. its more like a necessary evil.

Had a flat at night a few km from home, no prob jus drove home and got it fixed the next day.

Same time the harsh ride.

Query to the tyre gurus:

My runflats have hardly a few 1000 km left in them. Is that the normal rate of wear or are my tyres weraing off too soon.
If i were to opt for runflats again, what brand would be better between the BG and pirellis?
Old 8th May 2014, 22:05   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

My runflats have hardly a few 1000 km left in them. Is that the normal rate of wear or are my tyres weraing off too soon.
If i were to opt for runflats again, what brand would be better between the BG and pirellis?
The potenzas are are performance oriented tyres, so 26k kms is about right. The pirellis are P7s I think which will not be as grippy as the potenzas. Have you thought about switching to regular tyres? The difference in ride is worth it.
Old 9th May 2014, 21:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The potenzas are are performance oriented tyres, so 26k kms is about right. The pirellis are P7s I think which will not be as grippy as the potenzas. Have you thought about switching to regular tyres? The difference in ride is worth it.
i am looking for more of a touring tyre rather than outright performance. am planning to invest in a mobility kit and new michelin 3 ST tyres. how would you rate it for indian conditions. apart from that i have to consider the PP2 or the PS3.. or the FALKEN 912(questionable)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks