Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2013, 21:44   #61
BHPian

Re: Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Pics of the car with the X Kit.

Attachment 1004915
Did i see a Roll's Royce in the 4th pic parked on the left hand side of your car? If yes, you surely belong to a truely high class area in Bangalore. If you can, can you remind me of the area you live in?

Ramki
Old 7th June 2013, 00:14   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post

Did i see a Roll's Royce in the 4th pic parked on the left hand side of your car? If yes, you surely belong to a truely high class area in Bangalore. If you can, can you remind me of the area you live in?

Ramki
Talk about an incredible eye. Yeah, where is this area, Ashwin?
Old 7th June 2013, 00:57   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post

Ramki
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Talk about an incredible eye. Yeah, where is this area, Ashwin?
Someone highlighted the Rolls Royce Phantom earlier as well.

Haha. Not a truly 'high class' area as such. Surroundings are quite nasty.

Victoria Layout is the area. The Rolls Royce you see there is that of Mr. Ramesh Babu, owner of Ramesh Tours and Travel, who also has a saloon at Bowring institute. Besides that, you might spot a Fiat 500 around here and an Audi A6. The others are what you can call your 'ordinary cars'.
Old 7th June 2013, 09:27   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Victoria Layout is the area. The Rolls Royce you see there is that of Mr. Ramesh Babu, owner of Ramesh Tours and Travel, who also has a saloon at Bowring institute. Besides that, you might spot a Fiat 500 around here and an Audi A6. The others are what you can call your 'ordinary cars'.
Is that his residence there? WOW. You must have a lot of fun. =)
Old 7th June 2013, 23:32   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Is that his residence there? WOW. You must have a lot of fun. =)
No. That's his office. Yes, is fun indeed. Especially during Ugadi.

Here are some pics of the damage caused to the front fender.
Attached Thumbnails
Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-car-1.jpg  

Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-car-2.jpg  

Old 11th June 2013, 11:51   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Here are some pics of the damage caused to the front fender.
Those are some nasty (and deep) bite marks! It's interesting why they would bite at your fender, though. Very queer indeed. Bad (mad) dogs!
Old 11th June 2013, 12:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
Those are some nasty (and deep) bite marks! It's interesting why they would bite at your fender, though. Very queer indeed. Bad (mad) dogs!
Mad indeed.

Well, why they went about biting the fender, we had 3 cats at the time, 2 kittens and one adult. The kittens used to stay inside the bumper of the car. We assume the dogs had sniffed them out and so got to biting the fender to try and get to them.
Old 18th May 2014, 23:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

An update after a very long time.

A few days ago, (Cross posting from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3435587)

I had to fill fuel in the Jazz a few days ago when its range showed around 50km. I got into this BP bunk a little ahead of the Attiguppe Bus Stop near Vijaynagar called Gowda's. I asked them to fill petrol for Rs. 500. I checked the meter, made sure it was at 0 and they filled it till 500. I got back into the car and realized that the fuel gauge hadn't reflected any changes. I drove for around 100m and checked again. Neither had the fuel gauge reflected any changes, nor had the range increased. I went back to the bunk and spoke to the chaps there. They said that sometimes the car doesn't register the fuel increase and what not. Then I told them that for Rs.500, it ALWAYS registers the change.

Then, they told me that you can fill for another 500 and check. You can also do a volume test if you so desire. He also told me that if the petrol isn't reflected in the car, you can always come back later and ask us, we'll give you a guarantee. I finally decided that it would be better to fill for another Rs. 500 to clarify sooner if I was being cheated. And this time, I made sure I stood near the fuel lid and heard the fuel go in too. But again, the car didn't register any change. I asked them again and they said you can come back later if there is any problem.

I thought if I drive around a bit, it would register. But still no go.

Then, the next day, my brother was filling fuel for Rs. 2000 when he was told at Rs. 1600 that the tank was full! So I did get the fuel for Rs. 1000 the previous night after all! And now, the fuel gauge works just fine, as does the range.

Why the discrepancy?
Old 3rd July 2014, 15:58   #69
Senior - BHPian

Service update!

Odo reading: 4333km

Service Cost: Rs. 4,603

Things done:

1) Interior Shampoo Cleaning - 1,500
2) Engine Oil Change - 1,700
3) Right side front Indicator change - 250
4) Left front Mudflap change - 250
5) Service Charges - 845

The car feels a lot nicer to drive now and the interiors smell heavenly. Also, the Fuel Gauge seems to be recognizing fuel a lot better now. During the time the Service Advisor was showing me how the Fuel Gauge is now working properly, he performed some combination of sequences with the light stalk and the trip reset thingy. Then all the lights on the dash lit up! One of which was "Cruise Control". Just a tidbit.

I also got the Service Advisor to tell me what TBHP told me long ago, that the City should've gotten a Variable Geometry Turbo instead. He also told me that he Mobilio might have a price tag of 7.45L for the petrol and maybe 9L for the Diesel. The Mobilio is expected to the launched next month and the new Jazz the month after that.

Here comes the funny bit:

1) I tell the service advisor that the car lacks acceleration

Response:
Quote:
Sir, first when you press the accelerator, enough fuel is not going into the engine sir, you press accelerator once, leave it and press again and then *snaps fingers* the car will pick up.
I decided to drop the matter.

2) During pickup of the car, I tell them how the City lacks power when compared to the likes of the Verna

Response:
Quote:
Sir, the City is ECU controlled sir. During city travel, people want little power and not too much power sir. That is why the power is low. Also sir, everyone is looking at the environment now sir, that's why we have focussed on the emissions in the new City. It makes sure that all the fuel is burnt and emissions are controlled. That is why the car is not too powerful.
It was also the birthday of the MD, we got cake and chips to eat as well.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 12:20   #70
Senior - BHPian

So, a very welcome update.

FINALLY crossed 8000km this Saturday.

We had been on a day's round trip of Bangalore-Kanchipuram-Bangalore.

Total distance covered was around 600km.

Noticed the following things:
1) AC lacks power in severe heat. So while we were also being singed in the Kanchipuram sun, the Jazz couldn't help us out much either.

2) We didn't try a top speed attempt. But casual driving caused us to just touch 150kmph and then slow down again. We maintainted 80kmph-110kmph throughout. But at whatever speed, there is barely any engine noise that shows up in the cabin.

3) Mileage returned on the return trip showed to be 20.3kmpl! This is with the A/C off.

4) Lack of low end torque makes this car not-so-fun to drive on twisties I reckon.

5) Just one grouse for now, at speeds of 100kmph+, all of us could feel a periodic rubbing vibration on the floor of the car. Any ideas about what this could be?

OT: The Jopasu Car Duster is fantastic! Anyone having second thoughts to buy it, please don't have any apprehension. It is a wonderful product that does exactly as it claims.
Old 29th April 2015, 16:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

A tad disappointed with Dakshin Honda service.

There were a few instances that led me to believe that the car's battery was weak.

1) On a drive to Nandi Hills, we had reached quite early and weren't being allowed to the top. So we were waiting at the bottom of the hills. Since it was quite dark and foggy, I had turned on the Hazard Lights and took a half hour nap. When I woke up, the car wouldn't start! It would try to crank, but would fail due to sufficient power. A clutch start came to my aid on that day, and one other as well.

2) On my birthday, I was waiting in the car. I had turned off the car and had turned on the music for around 20 minutes. When I tried starting the car, history repeats itself all over again. No go! Again, clutch start.

So during the service, I explained the situation to the Service Advisor, he told me that it is "normal" for a car's battery to drain out after 20 minutes of music when the car is turned off. As ridiculous as that sounds, I asked him to get the battery checked anyway.

Post service, my brother took the car out to NICE Road this weekend and noticed the music player was losing volume while the car was moving. He pulled over to the side to inspect and then found out that the car wouldn't turn on! Stranded in the middle of nowhere, he called me and asked me what to do. I asked him to call Honda Roadside Assistance as I wasn't in town as well. They promptly told him that it was a Sunday and couldn't help. Somehow, the car started and he drove off, scared to even turn off the car at signals!

So yesterday, he was back at Dakshin Honda asking them what was wrong. They tell that it was suggested to rectify the battery at the last service. My brother was appalled, but bugged enough to not argue and asked them to just get the car fixed ASAP.

Result? A changed battery for Rs. 4000!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks