Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 15:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Vermillion Red BMW 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Haha sure, you're welcome! My first suggestion would be get the interior LED lights package... Gives a very premium look... & get the mobility kit!

That's what I told you about. You won't EVER miss any other feature, except the sunroof I reckon. In fact the CE is certainly my personal favorite, less goodies = less distraction = more driving pleasure! With the money saved, you can opt for the 'Performance kit', takes the car to a different league all together. I myself is planning to get a CE 3 by Diwali...
Thanks again, I will check on the suggested add-ons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I usually keep 30 psi in all 4 pretty low than the recommended

Recently Have changed to 32 psi in all 4, waiting for a longer trip to judge the difference

The fact that the CRUZE is being compared to the BM is itself a big compliment for the CHEVY

Yes i own both but trust me the CRUZE is a complete RIOT to drive.
I feel it is 30 psi in front and 36 pdi in back at the moment, let me reduce to 32 for all and check.

BTW, How often do you check the air pressure? What is the recomended interval for wheel allignment and balancing, is it to be done at BMW dealership?
Old 18th September 2012, 16:17   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I feel it is 30 psi in front and 36 pdi in back at the moment, let me reduce to 32 for all and check.

BTW, How often do you check the air pressure? What is the recomended interval for wheel allignment and balancing, is it to be done at BMW dealership?
I check the Tyre pressure once in 15 days or after/before every long trip.

The Wheel Alignment is IMO depending on the way you drive and how you manage to avoid potholes / bad roads. Normally should last at least 10k kms.

Balancing is not required until you are fixing a new tyre or a different wheel.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 16:40   #18

Quote:
Thanks karan. I haven't seen this color on BM Sedan's earlier, but guess it is becoming popular and is features in the recent adv.

I have not checked the pressure after that, reason being I could not recollect the recommended readings (silly reason after driving for so long). It will be great to know your recommendations on the air pressure
Congrats on the car, and the colour is catchy.
But please check the air at the earliest. May be it wont create much problem because of the run flat properties, but it is better to be on guard on our roads.
Till date I've bend 6 Alloys (5+1 by BIL) and a small credit goes to lower air pressure in each case.

Why do you need a USB when you have bluetooth !!! Is there any loss of clarity when you play from phone?? I use a FM transmitter.

& for sure a Fantastic Report.

(P.S.: When Can I Have a Test Drive!!)
manupshankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 17:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I check the Tyre pressure once in 15 days or after/before every long trip.

The Wheel Alignment is IMO depending on the way you drive and how you manage to avoid potholes / bad roads. Normally should last at least 10k kms.

Balancing is not required until you are fixing a new tyre or a different wheel.
15 days! , I have not done it for 6 months and 9K KM, criminal offence, will do it ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupshankar View Post
Congrats on the car, and the colour is catchy.
But please check the air at the earliest. May be it wont create much problem because of the run flat properties, but it is better to be on guard on our roads.
Till date I've bend 6 Alloys (5+1 by BIL) and a small credit goes to lower air pressure in each case.

Why do you need a USB when you have bluetooth !!! Is there any loss of clarity when you play from phone?? I use a FM transmitter.

& for sure a Fantastic Report.

(P.S.: When Can I Have a Test Drive!!)
Manu - I too had the same with Lenso set of my Elantra, even managed to break 1.

Phone is fine for long drives, don't feel like doing it for the 30mts drive to office. I have not experienced any issues over bluetooth. Had an FM trasmitter in the earlier car

TD when we meet next time Manu
Old 19th September 2012, 09:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Few queries from my side, looking for suggestions -
1. I'm using normal diesel from a Indian Oil pump for Beemer, is to good to move to Shell ? Not sure about the Shell price in Bangalore
2. Would like to add soap to windshield washer, is it fine to use Pril
3. There are lot of watermarks on the windshield beyond the wiper area, tried Colin/Shampoo etc without success, any suggestions
Old 19th September 2012, 09:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
3. There are lot of watermarks on the windshield beyond the wiper area, tried Colin/Shampoo etc without success, any suggestions
1. No. Use few drops of car shampoo. You can safely use SONAX car shampoo. SONAX also has small bottle of windshield cleaner concentrate. See if you can get hold of one.

2. You'll get 3M windshield cleaning spray can. Wipe glasses with newspaper after spraying.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th September 2012 at 09:57.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 11:42   #22

Quote:
Few queries from my side, looking for suggestions -
1. I'm using normal diesel from a Indian Oil pump for Beemer, is to good to move to Shell ? Not sure about the Shell price in Bangalore

1. I once made the mistake of filling Shell Diesel for my Palio. Quality wise I can't comment, but price was somewhat similar to petrol at that time.
(This is long back, when I was in Bangalore)

2. Never use soap / Shampoo. I used baby shampoo earlier, but it seems like getting fogged easily on the outer surface, during low drizzle. Currently using Wurth (Rs. 85 for a small bottle). The product is also available with
3M, Colin, Sonax.

3. No Sugessions. What do u mean by watermark?? I know only one we use in Word - To write Technical / Confidential.
manupshankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 10:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
1. No. Use few drops of car shampoo. You can safely use SONAX car shampoo. SONAX also has small bottle of windshield cleaner concentrate. See if you can get hold of one.

2. You'll get 3M windshield cleaning spray can. Wipe glasses with newspaper after spraying.
Thanks again, will buy them this weekend and try..

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupshankar View Post
1. I once made the mistake of filling Shell Diesel for my Palio. Quality wise I can't comment, but price was somewhat similar to petrol at that time.
(This is long back, when I was in Bangalore)

2. Never use soap / Shampoo. I used baby shampoo earlier, but it seems like getting fogged easily on the outer surface, during low drizzle. Currently using Wurth (Rs. 85 for a small bottle). The product is also available with
3M, Colin, Sonax.

3. No Sugessions. What do u mean by watermark?? I know only one we use in Word - To write Technical / Confidential.
2. Will try one of them

3. Watermarks in word, that shows you are tech savy
Old 20th September 2012, 11:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new whip, was just keen to understand if you compared the X-1 before deciding on the 3- Series? Always felt that the X-1 is better suited for Indian Roads with its somewhat raised Ground Clearance!!

For the water marks try the Colin Vinegar Flavour and wipe it away with news paper or any microfiber cloth.

Last edited by ku69rd : 20th September 2012 at 11:28.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 12:36   #25
BHPian

Thanks a lot for sharing such an honest and passionate report of your beloved beemer. I enjoyed reading it all and could feel the excitement, the emotions, the ups and downs you experienced during the acquisition.

Let me also say that the color looks absolutely smashing. It surely is my second favorite color on a beemer, next to the dark blue.

Due you feel any sort of turbo lag in the lower rpms or is it responsive right off the bat???

Once again congratulations and wishing you many miles of happiness, reliability and driving pleasure with this beauty!
ashish22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 11:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congrats on your new whip, was just keen to understand if you compared the X-1 before deciding on the 3- Series? Always felt that the X-1 is better suited for Indian Roads with its somewhat raised Ground Clearance!!

For the water marks try the Colin Vinegar Flavour and wipe it away with news paper or any microfiber cloth.
Thanks. I did try X-1, GC was +ve point for X1, but 320D was the choice for many other reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Thanks a lot for sharing such an honest and passionate report of your beloved beemer. I enjoyed reading it all and could feel the excitement, the emotions, the ups and downs you experienced during the acquisition.

Let me also say that the color looks absolutely smashing. It surely is my second favorite color on a beemer, next to the dark blue.

Due you feel any sort of turbo lag in the lower rpms or is it responsive right off the bat???

Once again congratulations and wishing you many miles of happiness, reliability and driving pleasure with this beauty!
Thanks Ashish, Blue is the true Beemer color and the most common one and above all I didn't have much of a choice

Turbo Lag - You won't realy feel it, push the pedal and the response is pretty quick and what ever small lag is there is compensated by the massive power after the turbo kicks in.
Old 24th September 2012, 10:14   #27
BHPian

Cool car, Man that's drool worthy for sure. Fantastic buy and it has taken a long time before you put up the report. When are we meeting and showing us the car in flesh.

personally, Balancing is also essential every 5000 to 10000kms, unbalanced rims may will induce steering wobble at high speeds.

Some doubts:

1) Does yours have navigation unit .
2) Is it possible to ask the company for sunroof as an aftermarket fitment

P.S: when are we meeting for a drive, long time!!
raj.barcode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 13:52   #28
BHPian

Congrats!!! From one 'Elantra crdi to a Red BMW owner' to another

I guess I have earned the right to say what a wise choice for the colour

All the best and wish you safe drives
elantracrdi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 14:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Cool car, Man that's drool worthy for sure. Fantastic buy and it has taken a long time before you put up the report. When are we meeting and showing us the car in flesh.

personally, Balancing is also essential every 5000 to 10000kms, unbalanced rims may will induce steering wobble at high speeds.

Some doubts:

1) Does yours have navigation unit .
2) Is it possible to ask the company for sunroof as an aftermarket fitment

P.S: when are we meeting for a drive, long time!!
You are welcome to drop in anytime Raj . I haven't felt wobbling even at very high speeds, used to do balancing every 5 K for my elantra, will check this soon for BM

1) No navigation unit, still using Google maps on my phone. Good news is Voice Navigation is now enabled in India - don't have to use Brut any more

2) Need to check sunroof, I'm pretty sure that the answer is NO

Meeting for a drive - my car cannot go where your Thar goes, and I'm sure it will be boring for you to drive your machine on the road I prefer now. Just kidding, let us plan for a drive soon
Old 25th September 2012, 14:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post
Congrats!!! From one 'Elantra crdi to a Red BMW owner' to another

I guess I have earned the right to say what a wise choice for the colour

All the best and wish you safe drives
Thanks, Congrats and same pinch

Yes, I’m sure you are enjoying all the attention that your red guy is getting. A fellow 320D owner appreciated the color during my last trip to Kerala (his was Grey). When I first heard Red as a choice from the showroom guy, my thought was "Not my Color". Off late BM is promoting Red color in all their adv.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks