Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2014, 15:31   #136
BHPian

re: My Renault Duster 110 BHP RXL. EDIT: 25000 kms, Phase 2 accessories report

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Suchit! Your Duster looks awesome. The roof carrier has infact improved the sporty quotient of the car.

I have the same pair of Infinity components and I love them. I would strongly suggest you reconsider buying a Sub-woofer and Amplifier. I got one installed and I now feel that it is not really required with these speakers unless you are a bass-freak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Saw a maroon Duster with similar black roof carrier at Marathalli Bangalore this morning. Was that you Suchit?

Mods: Please move this to "T-BHP cars and stickers' if you feel this is inappropriate here. Wanted to ensure that Suchit has a look at this post
Thanks Pahwa, no I was not in Marthalli on 21st Jan so that means someone else in Bangalore has a red duster with black roof carrier
Old 2nd February 2014, 15:34   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
I really doubt the knowledge of the installer who did the lights, he dont have the basic idea about connecting a relay. The purpose of making a second circuit using a relay is to avoid loading the stock circuits. You can safely connect the hellas to the stock switches (high/low) to trigger the relay. The power source should be battery, else it voids the use of a relay. He is loading the stock circuit by taking from the 12v socket, it completely voids the purpose of a relay in the circuit, its same as connecting the lights to the 12v socket with 2 switches, relay doesnt play any role here. Its "ok" to use it provided you take care not to overload it by connecting any other high current devices to the 12v socket when the lights are ON else change it asap.
check : http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...ry/relays.html
Thank you very much for your inputs. What do you suggest I do? If I want to re-wire it properly what should I ask them to do exactly? Sorry I am very poor in electricals.
Old 2nd February 2014, 15:36   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Suchit23, Could you please give me the model number of your horn as it sounds very similar to Polo? I would like to add this to my accessory list as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
It should be Windtone. Alternately Hella has a similar sounding horn called Twin tone.

I would pick up a (Hella) Twintone compared to a (Bosch) Windtone for its loudness. Twintone costs around Rs. 700/- I believe.
I agree with swiftnfurious. Even I went there asking for Hellas but they did not have it and they could not source from nearby places also since most places were closed for Diwali. And I really did not notice the model no they gave me, sorry about that.
Old 16th November 2014, 15:47   #139
BHPian

Re: My Renault Duster 110 BHP RXL. EDIT: 25000 kms, Phase 2 accessories report

Suchit, your roof rack looks really good. We are planning a road trip from Bangalore to Kalpa-Sangla Chitkul in April, and because we will have five people, I want the boot to be free for my son to sleep. How big is this rack? Can you post some close ups of this rack from many angles? I want to see how your Duster looks with it. We plan to put about five backpacks, a puncture repair kit, and a hydraulic jack on it. Will it be able to take it all?

Also, I want lights fixed on the rack, like the Mahindra Thar Expedition rack currently has. Any idea if lights can be fixed there? Some pics will help. Thanks.
Old 27th November 2014, 21:07   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Suchit, your roof rack looks really good. We are planning a road trip from Bangalore to Kalpa-Sangla Chitkul in April, and because we will have five people, I want the boot to be free for my son to sleep. How big is this rack? Can you post some close ups of this rack from many angles? I want to see how your Duster looks with it. We plan to put about five backpacks, a puncture repair kit, and a hydraulic jack on it. Will it be able to take it all?

Also, I want lights fixed on the rack, like the Mahindra Thar Expedition rack currently has. Any idea if lights can be fixed there? Some pics will help. Thanks.
Hey Sorry, didnt see this post for some time. Yes, the rack lets me use the boot to let kids sleep when 2 families are travelling. The rack is big enough if you place things properly I think you can carry 4 backpacks for sure. When I get chance I will put some close up pics.

This is metal, so you can ask shops whether they can weld the lights into this. Should be possible.
Old 4th June 2015, 02:50   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
So my deary wife gave me a 25K gift voucher on my bday. No prizes for guessing how that was spent but the question is was it spent wisely? Lets find out

Hi Suchit,
Did you get a chance to install Remote locking and Glass up Module?
My dealer told me its available now and its 'plug n play'.
I will check on this Saturday and update you.

Quoting my own post:

Quote:
Hi Suchit,
Did you get a chance to install Remote locking and Glass up Module?
My dealer told me its available now and its 'plug n play'.
I will check on this Saturday and update you.

Hi Suchit,
I was able to install Remote locking but Glass up module is still not available for 2015 duster, but it is available for 2014 Duster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Suchit, you can try my regular car accessory guy Auto Fusion in Kormangala near Sony world. He is pretty good with standard stuff and even does high end audio but I usually only do regular stuff.

Have been going to him for more than 10 years and no bad experiences so far.

Then there is also EVO in Cambridge layout. There's a dedicated thread for Evo for review.

Regarding the ICE upgrade, any reason you did not do the damping? With the Infinity speakers the damping is a must. With these speakers and no damping in a duster with thin sheet metal is kind of counter productive.

Hello.
I just bought a Duster RXL 2015 Model
I am planning some modifications including speaker upgrade, just wanted to know that is damping still required in 2015 Model or its necessary anyways.
Although I find cabin is quieter than 2014 model. Please advice.

Last edited by ampere : 21st July 2015 at 12:51. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 21st July 2015, 11:56   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Quoting my own post:

Hi Suchit,
I was able to install Remote locking but Glass up module is still not available for 2015 duster, but it is available for 2014 Duster.
Wow, any brand name or something which can help me? Did you do this in Renault service center or outside market?
Old 21st July 2015, 21:45   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Wow, any brand name or something which can help me? Did you do this in Renault service center or outside market?
Hi suchit,
Central lock is of autocop and it costs me around 2500 INR as its a half kit.
Glass up module was also for 2500 INR but it was for 2014 model so coupler was different and was not compatible with my duster. And it was after market from poona motors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks