Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2013, 17:59   #106
BHPian

re: My Renault Duster 110 BHP RXL. EDIT: 25000 kms, Phase 2 accessories report

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepsingh View Post
I've got duster RXL booked yesterday from Sprint Motors, MG Road Gurgaon. The waiting time has been told as 1 to 3 weeks.

I've given them color preference as white, though am doubtful now if I should go for a silver instead
Good to hear that you are going ahead with your decision. Color is definitely a personal thing, so take your pick!
suchit23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 18:32   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Due the way the wheels show up a clip out of the arches, they throw up a lot of mud. So be prepared for a "dirty Duster" ! With white it would show up even more.
Does the mud flap help reduce the splash?
Are the mud flaps being given? They are suppose to be part of the compulsory accessories
Old 6th May 2013, 18:58   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Are the mud flaps being given? They are suppose to be part of the compulsory accessories
Standard accessories include a standard mud flap (not extra large). And this does NOT help the muddy situation The design is such that wheel arch still protrude. And no matter how large a flap you have mud will come through while turning at the least.
Old 6th May 2013, 19:02   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Standard accessories include a standard mud flap (not extra large). And this does NOT help the muddy situation The design is such that wheel arch still protrude. And no matter how large a flap you have mud will come through while turning at the least.
+1 to Suchit. No matter what you do, even a small splash over mud you will see a streak on the car. The mud flaps dont help solve this problem.
Old 6th May 2013, 19:29   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepsingh View Post
You are a life saver, Suchit! Thanks a ton for promptly answering my questions, God bless.

I guess I'm not much scared now, and would take the chance of going by with RXL. A single man anyways don't need much accessories, and I think I can handle braking with ABS (I'm doing this on my current swift without abs, drove verna 14 K KMs first model without ABS etc.), I hardly drive cross 100 and put sudden brakes, so I guess without ABS would work fine, opinion?
Hi Sudeep,

Just one bit of experience. When i TD'd the 85 RXL the brakes were not at all confidence inspiring, in fact i was almost about to dump the decision of buying Duster given the braking experience (the other car i have is Fiesta which has wonderful brakes).

Still i went ahead and bought the 85 RXL (O) and i can tell you the braking is superb with excellent bite. Now i don't know if it's because of ABS (though i know it only kicks in rarely) or was it the poor condition of brakes in 85 RXL.

Would recommend you TD both.

Sid
kumarsiddhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 19:34   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
Braking is good. I think you may have to bleed them. Check ownership log of @Himadri. He had the same issue of spongy brakes.
Old 6th May 2013, 20:10   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
Hi Sudeep,

Just one bit of experience. When i TD'd the 85 RXL the brakes were not at all confidence inspiring, in fact i was almost about to dump the decision of buying Duster given the braking experience (the other car i have is Fiesta which has wonderful brakes).

Still i went ahead and bought the 85 RXL (O) and i can tell you the braking is superb with excellent bite. Now i don't know if it's because of ABS (though i know it only kicks in rarely) or was it the poor condition of brakes in 85 RXL.

Sid
Thanks, Sid. I TD'ed both, and found braking almost equal (in fact I didn't find any difference) and one more surprise for all here - when I TD'ed duster RXL again in Gurgaon from a different dealer (from where I got it booked) - there was no Gear Knock Back!! I think Renault must have improved on such smaller fixes in the past few months, I just think and am not sure though.

I've already got the car booked and INR 50 K is debited from my a/c too; I know I can still revoke my decision legally, but don't why I feel I'll stick to the duster only.

One more thing, in Delhi duster prices have gone up to 14 K more; the ex showroom for RXL in Gurgaon is now 9.73 K :(
Old 10th May 2013, 09:35   #113
BHPian

Suchit,

Firstly I would like to thank you for writing such a detailed review about Duster. You have really written your heart out. I am literally out of words to congratulate you.

Secondly, I would like to thank you in making my decision to buy Duster. I went through most of the ownership threads of Duster one by one to make my decision get firmer and firmer. And then I finally booked my Duster on April 14 and got the delivery on April 29.

So, really thanks a lot for such a review.
gurha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 12:14   #114
BHPian

God ! I am scared now ! I booked my Duster with WhiteFiled showroom and today i received my 6th surprise from them. After closing each, I keep asking them is there anything else they need ? Any more papers to be singed ? Any more money ? Anything ? Each time they say nothing is pending. Today I am supposed to collect my car, and now they discovered that I need to pay them 10,000/0 more ? (Please note that morning 11 AM i called and asked them, is there anything pending and the answer was nothing. At 12 I got the call asking for 10,000/0)

My worry is not about the 10k...i know that is the difference from the time of booking and to time of invoicing. My worry is about the never ending list of surprises. This is not the first time they are selling Duster, so they must know the things

Is this the normal way these Reno people behave ? If this is the type of service, I am scared about the after sales service.
Old 18th June 2013, 15:25   #115
BHPian

Suchit,
Really enjoyed reading about your Dusty!
It's indeed one wonderful ride - and exactly fits my requirements at this point of time!

I could (first of all other things) relate to the rain water coming in - when the windows are opened just a bit- part.
- in fact, the rain did not even let me have a good look at our Duster!

I am reading up on reports & reviews + the Manual till then.

for now, I wanted to ask you -
Did you go ahead and buy Rain guard or visor?

The showroom guy quotes 2500 INR!
he also claims that it will leave "marks" and they wont be easy to take off.

just a lil search online shows it is supposed to be around 1000~1100 INR.
Infibeam rain guard @ 1050 INR
&
Snapdeal @ 1100 INR

What's the solution you picked for the problem?

Thanks!

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 18th June 2013 at 15:29.
Old 27th June 2013, 22:38   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Standard accessories include a standard mud flap (not extra large).
Speaking of standard accessories, Duster comes with fabric mats. Your rubber mats look nice. Please share details of cost and source.
Old 28th June 2013, 14:49   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Speaking of standard accessories, Duster comes with fabric mats. Your rubber mats look nice. Please share details of cost and source.
Dude sorry for the late reply. I picked it from Sachin's Auto Shop in Koramangla for less than Rs 1000 !
suchit23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 20:25   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Did you go ahead and buy Rain guard or visor?

The showroom guy quotes 2500 INR!
he also claims that it will leave "marks" and they wont be easy to take off.

just a lil search online shows it is supposed to be around 1000~1100 INR.
Infibeam rain guard @ 1050 INR
&
Snapdeal @ 1100 INR

What's the solution you picked for the problem?

Thanks!

Ace.
Ace, did you finally bought any rain visor? I'm thinking of buying one as I'm planning to travel to Mumbai over the weekend and it's raining like hell there, so wouldn't be a bad idea of buying those.

Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 14:51   #119
BHPian

Dear Suchit23

Its a cliched question but Then I need to ask , I am confused between choosing 110/85 for Mumbai city daily drive and weekend drive out of town and yes I am not a sedate driver .

Which one ?

Do you use your Dusty for daily commute ? issues with turbo lag ? Is it really too much ? does you left leg start hurting after bumper to bumper daily commute in city ?

I guess you have a 110 and thus the questions to you .

Please suggest.
Old 14th October 2013, 15:27   #120
BHPian

Hi, Kindly go through the following post in regards to the back housing panel of Renault duster stereo system :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3265305

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks