Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2012, 22:15   #31
BHPian

re: My Renault Duster 110 BHP RXL. EDIT: 25000 kms, Phase 2 accessories report

you already got enough praises from everyone, I agree 200% with every one that this is one of the best review I came across.

One question, Does centre arm rest fit to RxZ (where rear A/C present) ?
niv26 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 07:34   #32
BHPian

What a wonderful review Suchit. You have an amazing talent for writing. One of the best reviews on team-bhp.

Congrats on owning the Dusty!!
Love your alloys.

Wish you many more miles.
pradyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 11:13   #33
BHPian

Congrats Suchit, joining the party late. Very detailed review indeed, very well written. Well the showroom car colour is my favourite in Duster. Your red one looks good as well. IMO this car looks good in darker shades. Best part - Class leading ride and loads of space.

Once again congrats and thanks for such detailed efforts!
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 12:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review - love and appreciate the attention to detail. Have fun with your Dusty... I'm sure she'll serve you well.
Will be playing around with that excel sheet.. good stuff!
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 14:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post

I am sensitive to this and have been monitoring closely, it freed up in 2 stages, first at around 1150 and then at 1850km. I have been pushing the car consciously upto 4k rpm across gears after 1500km break-in to open up the engine. I can confirm the character of the engine has changed completely from the first 1000km. It's 'freer' especially in second and third gear.
Thank you and I agree, its a lot better now after 5K. Plus the human mind is so adept at getting used to things, we may be ignoring what ever little is left of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka46 View Post
Excellent Alloy wheels.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Thank you Suchit. That was nice to hear.
These SUV's are so attractive for us guys on account of the really terrible roads that we drive on daily.
Thank you! And yes, roads have become so terrible inside city these days, I had one entire requirement dedicated to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docster View Post
Hi Suchit,
That is an awesome review.
I had a couple of questions. I have yet to figure out as to where the armrest would be bolted on. Would new holes need to be made?
Have u thought of putting side steps so as to prevent pants being dirtied?
Doc
Thanks, Yes holes have to be made on the panel where the rear bottle holder is, to its side to be precise. This panel btw is not very sturdy so the arm rest moves freely left right if you apply a little bit of pressure. Always better to get OE ones I would say.

The side step I am a little apprehensive about so as to how it will impact the looks, need to see once in flesh before taking a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats and wish you many miles. A Question on Arm rest though. The one you have, covers the centre bottle holder. As is; the bottle holders are
few in number. Any solutions thought on that front? Any ways to fit the arm rest, without compromising on the bottle space?
Thank you so much! That was a good compliment! For lack of bottle holders we use the huge parcel trays. This example re-iterates the fact that small small things can be worked around, as long as the core of the car is good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Also liked the great sense of humour used right through the review.
Rating very well deserved 5 stars.

I remember a friend mentioning he got it for his Duster so I don't think availablity (mats customised/designed for the Duster) is an issue. I can find out from where he bought them, in case you need it.
Thank you! Yes, please any information on the 3D mats would be really helpful as I have been checking with couple stores in Bangalore and they have NOT yet got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
you already got enough praises from everyone, I agree 200% with every one that this is one of the best review I came across.

One question, Does centre arm rest fit to RxZ (where rear A/C present) ?
I doubt it will fit, because the access area for the people to fit it (from the back seat) is completely blocked by this tower, they might have to take off the tower temporarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyblr View Post
What a wonderful review Suchit. You have an amazing talent for writing. One of the best reviews on team-bhp.

Congrats on owning the Dusty!!
Love your alloys.

Wish you many more miles.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post

Once again congrats and thanks for such detailed efforts!
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Excellent review - love and appreciate the attention to detail. Have fun with your Dusty... I'm sure she'll serve you well.
Will be playing around with that excel sheet.. good stuff!
Thanks! Any bugs in the excel sheet, please let me know!
suchit23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 16:50   #36
BHPian

Hi Suchit,

Just read the review, absolutely fantastic!

I also bought the Duster 85PS (O) from Renault Whitefield and have exactly the same issues with the BT. They say they will replace the HU. Please post when you get the 'Patch of the Patch' unit while i'm chasing them for the same.

ICE in my opinion is poor to say the least. It's probably only better than Linea (which has the worst in the country IMO)

Sid
kumarsiddhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 17:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
Hi Suchit,

Just read the review, absolutely fantastic!

I also bought the Duster 85PS (O) from Renault Whitefield and have exactly the same issues with the BT. They say they will replace the HU. Please post when you get the 'Patch of the Patch' unit while i'm chasing them for the same.

Sid
Thanks. Sure, I usually dont waste any time before letting everyone know any updates on that issue. You also update the Duster thread if you get any information before me
Old 26th November 2012, 17:51   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
ICE in my opinion is poor to say the least. It's probably only better than Linea (which has the worst in the country IMO)

Sid
The HU in the Linea is OK, what makes it worse is the crappy speakers. Saving up for the audio set up.
Old 26th November 2012, 18:51   #39
BHPian

I got my mats in Hyderabad.
make digi-fit.
cost: 3500 (1500 extra for trunk)

They are very good but on expensive side.
niv26 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 19:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Suchit, I rarely look at ownership reviews of cars which I currently don't want/aspire/require to own, but the first few lines of the review had me hooked, I took your suggestion and read it real slow and you know what, you have introduced me to a completely new car, one which was talked about, discussed and done and "dusted", but your review turned all my notions about the Duster upside down in a rather nice way.
Beautifully described and I agree with all the previous members that it is one of the most comprehensive ownership reviews I have read. Congrats on Dusty and wish you a long and happy association with it.
By the way, do you happen to stay somewhere close to Sahakarnagar? One of the pics of Dusty is in front of Beijing Bites Sahakarnagar.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 20:59   #41
Team-BHP Support

Suchit, thanks for a wonderful review. With not much time on hand these days, i dont find time to go through many ownership reviews in detail. However, i managed to find time to go through this, and appreciate your effort in the review.

Your happiness in simple things and sense of homour remind me of my approach at times.

The Duster is compared to the Scorpio by many, and i can see why. It takes the game forward from where the Scorpio left. Now, if only it appeared a bit bigger to scare off some of those Indicabs, Sumos and Travellers on Bangalore roads.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 00:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
I got my mats in Hyderabad.
make digi-fit.
cost: 3500 (1500 extra for trunk)

They are very good but on expensive side.
Thanks a lot, that sounds about right price for a good quality 3D mat, how about posting some pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
you have introduced me to a completely new car

By the way, do you happen to stay somewhere close to Sahakarnagar? One of the pics of Dusty is in front of Beijing Bites Sahakarnagar.
Thank you, that is nice to hear. Indeed I was in Sahakara Nagar until this Sunday when I moved to east Bangalore. That top view pic was taken when I was waiting in Sai Manohar children's clinic opposite to Beijing Bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Suchit, thanks for a wonderful review. With not much time on hand these days, i dont find time to go through many ownership reviews in detail. However, i managed to find time to go through this, and appreciate your effort in the review.

Your happiness in simple things and sense of homour remind me of my approach at times.
Thank you! Yes, time at hand is decreasing in every profession, work is increasing at the same rate and salary remains the same! That is why I started writing this review when I was 1 month into the ownership and it took me more than a month to complete it.
Old 27th November 2012, 16:52   #43
BHPian

Phew!! 2 hours well spent! The writing style is very chicklit and likable

BTW, you CAN change tracks and FM channels using the BTS controls. There is a scroll on the under side of the control stick (pic beneath). For changing tracks you have to:
Press OK (This will take you to tracks)>Scroll to preferred track>Press OK to play it. For FM channels you simply scroll forward or backwards, but the radio would not jump directly from one channel to another but rather scan through and stop at the best frequency (Which is always the right frequency). For this make sure that the AST feature is activated on your radio settings.

Looking at your overall contribution to the forum (including helping me with the iPod issue) i am sure here's another Distinguished BHPIAN in the making
Attached Thumbnails
My Renault Duster 110 BHP RXL. EDIT: 25000 kms, Phase 2 accessories report-scroll1.jpg  

engrohit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 20:01   #44
BHPian

Suchit 23 a great write up thank you, read the whole review in one go, its totally unbiased please follow it up regularly.

I have fixed the driver arm rest in my RXL 85(o) which i bought online from Infibeam.com. for Rs.1385/- I have not compromised the bottle holder and fixed the arm rest leaving the bottle holder using 4 screw provided by them and its staying firm only issue is using the hand brake and you need to bring down the ply to the minimum to accommodate between the space of the arm rest base plates.

It would have been more sturdier if the base plates used for the arm rest is made out of steel plates but its only made out of fiber i hope so and not plastic therefore you need to be careful not to step on it or use full weight to press it down.

The base plates have a whole lot of holes for adjustments for height and also the arm rest is slide-able front and back plus the whole arm rest box can be pulled down or up depending upon your usage which is very convenient if anybody needs to jump from one front seat to the other plus it has a small place to store your valuables along with a pen clip.

I am feeling lot more relaxed while driving with the arm rest its very useful plus I am addicted to it driving in my ANHC AT. IMO its a must for long drives and Renault should provide it as OEM.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 27th November 2012 at 20:06.
sathyaprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 20:40   #45
BHPian

Good Review Suchit,
You mention that even you tube video was getting paused while pressing the mute button, have you changed the HU? how do you see video's in the HU?
werfish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed