Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2012, 00:07   #31
BHPian

Re: The Power of Dreams - My White Tiger. 2010 Honda Civic V-AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Thanks GTO for the wishes and also for all the help during this thread compilation. As in to add more on a review perspective, I added one post which could be referred while deciding on a pre worshiped Civic as well, based on user experience.

Thanks girishglg. I will keep updating the details and experience.

Thanks Nicky, adding couple of pictures I have as of now.

Thanks rr_zen, As I love anything and everything cars, your views on the Civic on various threads were extremely useful at various stages.

Thanks arup, Yes indeed and I will be giving my maximum to take care of The Tiger.

Thanks Accius, adding couple of pictures I have as of now.

Yes indeed Vishnu. Will try to catch up during the next TBHP meet.

Thanks tacho. adding couple of pictures I have as of now. Will keep shooting and will update as well, I have one photo crazy friend as well, whose favorite model is my Tiger

Thanks sumeethaldankar, and thanks to all those wonderful information that you share on Civic as well.
Thanks for the rating, it is indeed a joy to share the experience with you all.

Now some more pictures of the White Tiger.

Wide perspective interior shot

Attachment 1017905

Close up on the dash controls

Attachment 1017906

The tiger resting under the shades, in between its highway rounds

Attachment 1017907

All ready to get a spa treatment

Attachment 1017908

As much as he loves dirt, bathing is equally savored. On one such relaxed bathing session

Attachment 1017909

The 'H'

Attachment 1017910

The two tags, which means a lot

Attachment 1017911

Casual chit chat with his younger sibling. My Alto enjoying the big brother's company.

Attachment 1017912

Thanks for reading, this is my 200th post as well
Hi. Thanks for uploading the interior pics as requested. Enjoy your ride!
Accius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 13:43   #32
BHPian

Dude..I was wondering why you are not posting anything about the car and there you go! That's an amazing car you have there and yes, white color suits it like anything.

I am also hooked on the whole automatic experience. We have the OHC Type 2 automatic here for Dad (he hates the manual). That was the 'beater' car so to speak and I used to keep a distance from it saying the Optra manual I have is way better and refined.
But dad's in the US now for a while and I had to use the Honda in between just to keep it running. Long story short, the 'beater' car is my daily drive to office and the damn thing flies (and gives me a healthy 11 to 12 kmpl in the process no matter how harsh I treat it, way better than the manual Optra's 8.5 or 9 kmpl)! Not comfort oriented like the Optra but who cares when you experience such driving fun.

So that prompted me to go for another automatic, and by all means, let it be the Civic. If the OHC is good, I am sure the Civic would raise that level 100 times more!
So yes, I am also looking for pre worshipped Civics as well and hope to come across something as lovely as the one you have.

The 2010 has Aux input right...no USB? And there is a thread somewhere in TBHP where you can increase the bass level of the speaker? I heard the speakers in the Civic are a real let down, is that true? Not sure if sound damping would improve it or should we really upgrade the speakers.

Anyway, have fun and keep posting!

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 9th December 2012 at 13:58.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 09:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post

So that prompted me to go for another automatic, and by all means, let it be the Civic. If the OHC is good, I am sure the Civic would raise that level 100 times more!

The 2010 has Aux input right...no USB? And there is a thread somewhere in TBHP where you can increase the bass level of the speaker? I heard the speakers in the Civic are a real let down, is that true? Not sure if sound damping would improve it or should we really upgrade the speakers.

Anyway, have fun and keep posting!
Thanks Rosh And you are cent percent with the Civic choice.

This model do have the aux input as well as the USB input. The equalizer support for the sound system is a normal one with option to adjust the treble and bass independently. The sound quality is decent and does the job, though nothing to brag about. Would recommend an upgrade only if you are too specific about the sound, and damping alone will not bring about much of a difference.
Old 10th December 2012, 10:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
The equalizer support for the sound system is a normal one with option to adjust the treble and bass independently. The sound quality is decent and does the job, though nothing to brag about. Would recommend an upgrade only if you are too specific about the sound, and damping alone will not bring about much of a difference.
I meant the details from this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...cks-hacks.html

I see that you already replied to some of the posts in this thread. I was specifically asking about the code to increase the bass.
Old 10th December 2012, 19:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
I meant the details from this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...cks-hacks.html

I see that you already replied to some of the posts in this thread. I was specifically asking about the code to increase the bass.
Oh ok, I have not tried out that yet. Will post the details after getting my hands on.
Most of the tips shared there are mentioned in the manual as various programmable options, so ideally if it is mentioned in the manual, this should work. Will check the manual also for the same.
Old 12th December 2012, 20:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have to admit, the ingress as well as egress is a bit of pain. The low slung design does take a hit on convenience here.
I swear, getting in and out of the Civic is a pain. My mom suffers from knee and back pain and really struggles every time she has to get in. But, as you said, once in, all is well.
Quote:
View around, the glasses.
Pretty decent is my take on this
The quarter glass aids while taking the corners and has been a thoughtful addition.
That's surprising. I find the visibility in the Civic to be strictly average. The quarter glasses, in my opinion, are a joke as they are capable of hiding things as big as an auto-rickshaw completely in certain angles. Believe me, this happened to me once.
Quote:
Was always on the look out for the origins of the 8th Civic and came across these two guys who are the designers behind our Civics. So thought of having them included in here so that all who love the Civic can relate the faces as well as a tribute to these geniuses for the gem they had given us.

Toshiyuki Okumoto (exterior design)

Yukio Emi (interior design)
That's brilliant stuff, thanks for that. Those guys should have been geniuses.
Quote:
He he, thanks a lot arvi86. Yes, even though its been some months, I am yet to believe in this 'dream'
I can understand. It does take a lot of time to sink in. I experienced that as well.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 13:02   #37
BHPian

I'm waiting to know the exact price. The car is surely in great shape and that too with just 15k on the ODO is excellent. Pls share the price .
Old 13th December 2012, 23:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
That's surprising. I find the visibility in the Civic to be strictly average. The quarter glasses, in my opinion, are a joke as they are capable of hiding things as big as an auto-rickshaw completely in certain angles. Believe me, this happened to me once.
Oh ok. I normally use the lowest possible seat height and in this setup, am able to see around quite comfortably apart for the rear view. But will have your advice in mind regarding the blind spots the quarter glass could mirage. Thanks for that.

Quote:
That's brilliant stuff, thanks for that. Those guys should have been geniuses.
Yep, hats off to their design brilliance!

Quote:
I can understand. It does take a lot of time to sink in. I experienced that as well.
Quite true

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I'm waiting to know the exact price. The car is surely in great shape and that too with just 15k on the ODO is excellent. Pls share the price .
Sorry for delaying on putting the detailed post on the pricing. I am compiling on these details as well, and would want to share the details along with the complete negotiation details, deals that happened over the period of time etc. Please give me some time, and will definitely put those in. At present, held up with some short bursts of travel stints causing difficulty in proceeding on further details. Intend not to put it as a one liner, but with the complete evolving process

Last edited by sarathlal : 13th December 2012 at 23:05.
Old 15th December 2012, 14:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

I know I'm kinda late but congratulations on the buy! Love the colour and the shots you took of it Truly is an evergreen design without being too fussy like the modern Hyundai designs ( no offence to Hyundai people out there. I really respect the way the company has pulled their socks up and is making changes ) Oh and I completely agree with you about the boon of living in a diesel worshiping country This makes for the perfect second-hand buy, I know cause I was also in the market for a civic a couple of months ago but unlike most, I was particular about the colour: either white or purple and it was really hard to find any in good nick in my city no matter how much my budget was extended to, so simply ended up buying a new car. Will definitely revisit the Idea of a used civic or even a cedia sometime soon.
Happy mile munching! and do keep those photos coming

Last edited by IshaanIan : 15th December 2012 at 14:02.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2012, 22:17   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for delaying on putting the detailed post on the pricing. I am compiling on these details as well, and would want to share the details along with the complete negotiation details, deals that happened over the period of time etc. Please give me some time, and will definitely put those in. At present, held up with some short bursts of travel stints causing difficulty in proceeding on further details. Intend not to put it as a one liner, but with the complete evolving process
I think delay is building enough interest to know financial details and cost of aquiring White Tiger. share the details soon.
Old 27th February 2014, 09:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

Its been a long time since i updated anything here. The Tiger has completed his 30k run and is eying towards the 30k service shortly.
It has been a wonderful experience with the beast and has been indeed pure exhilaration each time I drive it.

The only practical grudge I can say is, apart from the ingress/egress would be the soft rear suspension. Recently made a Tvm - Bangalore trip with five people on board and full luggage. The rear was traveling more than it should have been at times and that took away some part of the fun.
But no bottom scraps or flying off the road. I normally take the humps in very low speeds, maybe little paranoid in this aspect, and was successful in not scraping the bottom. The steering was sharp and took all the corners with confidence in good speeds.

Regarding services in between, continuing to have a good experience with Peninsular Honda Tvm and SA are really good and knowledgeable. I stick with my SA and service mechanics manager always though.

Did the following additions to the car;
  • Added the Fram cabin air filter - No drastic effect noticed in terms of air quality or smell. Its almost the same as before the addition. The addition have had no effect on the air conditioner as well.
  • Replaced the low beam headlight with Philips Crystal Clear 4300 - Again, no major difference wrto the stock. One practical advantage is that it is illuminating the sign boards, pedestrians and side by roads a little bit more clearer. Perceived advantage is that, one tap on high beam is resulting in almost 99% corresponding high beam dip from oncoming traffic. Not sure, whether its just my perception
  • Added front parking sensor, the 2 sensor type for each side. - This, am finding it very useful as I no longer have to depend to someone else 'guiding' me while parking, which has resulted in the left front bumper getting scratched multiple times.
The sensor comes with a three switch mode, which are;
a) off position - completely switches off the alarm.
b) brake trigger - activated when we apply the brakes.
c) always on - the alarm is always on.
And here is one photo of the car taken recently. Just like am totally mad for my Tiger, my son is crazy about his Aventador. Borrowed his Lambo for this attempt to capture our favorite toys, in a single frame.

The Power of Dreams - My White Tiger. 2010 Honda Civic V-AT-lead-way-.jpg

Last edited by sarathlal : 27th February 2014 at 09:49.
sarathlal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 18:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

Its been close to 10 years and still those curves do looks stunning! Its now officially 60K on the board.

Over the years my white tiger has proved to be an able companion and can't think of parting off to a newer breed.
Major expenses have luckily stayed away and had been going fine with the routine maintenance.
Two major spent that came in between were the infamous engine mount replacement and the suspension rehaul.

Here's couple of recent shots.

The Power of Dreams - My White Tiger. 2010 Honda Civic V-AT-civic_one.png

The Power of Dreams - My White Tiger. 2010 Honda Civic V-AT-civic_two.png
sarathlal is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 23:14   #43
BHPian

Used to read this thread when I was a non-member. Glad to see the thread back to life after 7 years! How beautiful is the subtle shoulder line that runs across the body and pronounces itself by creating a chink effect in the front bumpers!

My Civic too is in due for a suspension rehaul since it bounces heavily after the recent service. They've advised me to replace the front shock assembly and also mentioned that the Lower control arms are weak.

However, am not willing to go the OEM route. Could you please provide some insights on the suspension rehaul? Thanks!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post3397620 (Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos)

Please refer the above link. If by any chance, you happen to still possess this brochure, kindly let me know. IIRC, this must be the 2007 V variant brochure. Had this in 2007 but lost it when we shifted houses. Now, my heart aches to get this again though owning the car.

Cover Page

The Power of Dreams - My White Tiger. 2010 Honda Civic V-AT-1100-2.jpg
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 11:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
My Civic too is in due for a suspension rehaul since it bounces heavily after the recent service. They've advised me to replace the front shock assembly and also mentioned that the Lower control arms are weak.
See if this helps. TRW is the way to go. Do not go for local make. They won't last. For shockers original Honda Munjal (~8k) a piece will be available in after markets. Also suspension is weak if said by Honda service guys is a commonly used term and I have heard it many times at the service station. The TRW's held well till I sold the car.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4139723 (Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!)
Old 11th September 2021, 12:41   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
For shockers original Honda Munjal (~8k) a piece will be available in after markets. The TRW's held well till I sold the car.
The problem with Honda ASC is that they want to replace the entire shock assembly though Honda provides just the strut alone as OEM spare. To give a complete perspective of my symptom, kindly read the context in the images via the below link,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5129397 (Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?)

Will TRW dampers at the rear, prevent bottoming out under load?
Am gaining some momentum by reading lot of posts related to Civics suspension and contemplating about the necessary. Thanks for sharing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks