Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2021, 14:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Power of Dreams - My White Tiger. 2010 Honda Civic V-AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
The problem with Honda ASC is that they want to replace the entire shock assembly though Honda provides just the strut alone as OEM spare. To give a complete perspective of my symptom, kindly read the context in the images via the below link,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5129397 (Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?)

Will TRW dampers at the rear, prevent bottoming out under load?
Am gaining some momentum by reading lot of posts related to Civics suspension and contemplating about the necessary. Thanks for sharing!
I had auto-runners at the back and also had a spacer (Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!) at the end. I had heard from another bhpian that he had stiffer TRW at the back that did help. Since I had sinned and put in a CNG tank in my poor civic I did in spite of above setup managed to make the rear meet mother earth at times. If your Civic does not have permanent heavy equipment at the back eg woofer etc than TRW shocks + autorunner + spacer will definitely help. You can check my before and after images post the spacer install. Not sure how it will affect rear end handling though since mine was mostly driven in the city.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 16:36   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I had heard from another bhpian that he had stiffer TRW at the back that did help. If your Civic does not have permanent heavy equipment at the back eg woofer etc than TRW shocks + autorunner + spacer will definitely help. Not sure how it will affect rear end handling though since mine was mostly driven in the city.
My Civic is bone stock except for the aftermarket LED bulbs I installed last week. Am unsure of using the coil spring adjusters since they prevent the well-functioning of the spring but divert the resultant stresses to adjacent suspension parts. Also, my Civic is being used only as a highway cruiser, hence will be mostly at speeds above 100 KPH. So, mostly will be refraining from using them. Should TRW parts be sourced via Boodmo or spareshub.com or any other alternatives?
Old 11th September 2021, 16:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Civic is bone stock except for the aftermarket LED bulbs I installed last week. Am unsure of using the coil spring adjusters since they prevent the well-functioning of the spring but divert the resultant stresses to adjacent suspension parts. Also, my Civic is being used only as a highway cruiser, hence will be mostly at speeds above 100 KPH. So, mostly will be refraining from using them. Should TRW parts be sourced via Boodmo or spareshub.com or any other alternatives?
I bought the joints etc from spares hub. Not sure of others.
Old 24th September 2021, 18:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Used to read this thread when I was a non-member. Glad to see the thread back to life after 7 years! How beautiful is the subtle shoulder line that runs across the body and pronounces itself by creating a chink effect in the front bumpers!
Thank you so much!
Yes, that was actually a casual click taken while the car was dirty, but it is that exact smooth flow of lines that prompted me to post it up

Quote:

My Civic too is in due for a suspension rehaul since it bounces heavily after the recent service. Could you please provide some insights on the suspension rehaul?
I did mine in HASS. Had to do the full suspension overhaul. The front suspension is the costliest of the lot and would be ~40K for the task. Mine unfortunately had to be done due to the car being idle for a long time and was bottoming out pretty heavily. But once the overhaul was done, its very much back to normal and am happy that I did the change.

I also have spacers on the back suspension. They are doing well so far.

Quote:

If by any chance, you happen to still possess this brochure, kindly let me know. IIRC, this must be the 2007 V variant brochure. Had this in 2007 but lost it when we shifted houses. Now, my heart aches to get this again though owning the car.
Sure, attaching the same here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2008-Honda-Civic-1.8-V-AT.pdf (1.96 MB, 117 views)
sarathlal is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 20:31   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Mine unfortunately had to be done due to the car being idle for a long time and was bottoming out pretty heavily.
Same scenario here. 13 years and just 47,000 KMs on the ODO. Shared my predicament below,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5129397 (Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?)

Quote:
Sure, attaching the same here.
Thank you so much! Waves of Nostalgia nuzzling me while am listening to 'Saltwater by Chicane', penning down this. I was 11 years old when I saw my neigbour admiring his Civic after bringing her home the first time. Used to visit often and sneak a peek into that out of the world dash. The gentleman's father on seeing my eccentrics, handed me this same brochure and I even remember me sketching the cover page! Little did I know that I would end up with the same car in 2019.

Cars have come and gone. IMHO, the Indian Auto industry has never witnessed another car like Civic which struck emotional chords with any individuals irrespective of age. I would like to end this by a quote from 'Mad Men' and here it goes,

"This device isn’t a spaceship, it’s a time machine. It goes backwards, and forwards… it takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It’s not called the wheel, it’s called the carousel. It let’s us travel the way a child travels - around and around, and back home again, to a place where we know are loved."

The above quote flashes in my mind whenever I see the car. This is what a Civic is, a Carousel.

Trivia
I was constantly on the hunt for this brochure that one day I bumped into the photographer who shot its images! Hereby, I share the links of his instagram handles,
https://www.instagram.com/streamimaging/
https://www.instagram.com/satyajit_cp/

Last edited by eccentric : 24th September 2021 at 20:41.
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 23:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
You can check my before and after images post the spacer install. Not sure how it will affect rear end handling though since mine was mostly driven in the city.
Those pics were super helpful in making the decision, thanks for that.

The spacers at the rear is holding up real fine and no issues for the highway runs.
I had few ~300km runs recently, with and without full load; the car handled as it had years back.

Quote:
Thank you so much! Waves of Nostalgia nuzzling me ...
No problem. And yes, the Civic emotion, I can very well relate to it
sarathlal is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks