Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 12:12   #16
BHPian

Re: 5000 kms with my Honda Brio

Back from a 1500 Km trip to the hills of Kerela.

Few stats first :
1. Total Kms on the ODO now : 8200
2. Avg FE : 17 KMPL (75% AC)
3. Avg Speed : 90-120 KMPH
4. Top Speed Achieved : 138KMPH

Car behaviour :
1. I am amazed with the Torque this car can have at each gear. Pulls so clean even at 3rd gear that too with considerable inclination. Driving in Hills was never so much fun for me.
2. I have ABS, brakes are simply outstanding. Umpteen cases where they got tested.
3. AC has to improve. Specially when you in summers of Tamil Nadu, AC fails to chill you. It just keep you cold and protected from the heat outside.
4. I feel the drivability has become better over the time. Its very very less tiring even after a non stop 400 Kms drive.
5. Horn is the biggest let down. It sounds like an Auto (my pulsar has a much much better response). I feel like its going to die soon.

Issues :
Got my car tested before went for the drive. NO issues whatsoever.

Will add more updates as they come.

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 13th March 2013 at 12:33.
Old 13th March 2013, 12:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Very neutral review, thanks.

How are you finding the ride quality on bad roads at slower speeds. What is the tyre pressure you are maintaining?
Ride quality is overall fair, not bad or nothing great for bad patches. If you negotiate them at high speed, the soft suspension will bottom out for sure. So i am careful, rest, nothing to complain.
I have kinda got over this, i just cross the bad patches at reasonable speeds with no ifs and buts going over in background. This keeps me and my car happy

On highways , i keep 29(R) and 31(F) Psi and in city its 28 and 30 respectively. I find it comfortable at those levels.

Thanks!
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 14:21   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post

On highways , i keep 29(R) and 31(F) Psi and in city its 28 and 30 respectively. I find it comfortable at those levels.

Thanks!
Honda suggests 29 psi (front) and 26 psi (rear). Any particular reason for you to go for higher pressures?

What impact will the recommended pressures have on the FE, wear & tear and ride quality of the Brio?
Old 13th March 2013, 15:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunchoudhary View Post
Honda suggests 29 psi (front) and 26 psi (rear). Any particular reason for you to go for higher pressures?

What impact will the recommended pressures have on the FE, wear & tear and ride quality of the Brio?

Yes, thats what the folks at Honda recommend. I go with a bit high pressure considering it increases the GC marginally and also the ride is better. 29 and 26 is too less IMO.
Increase in 2psi wont impact your FE at all neither will it effect tires.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 15:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Do you think this is worse than say Ritz or i10? And, is this just a "gut-feeling" or a well reasoned opinion?

Thanks for the detailed write-up, it is quite helpful.

Cheers,
Su-47

Haha, comparing 2 oranges will do no good. All of them are same. My bro has an i10 and its the same there. A minor rear impact and effect can be felt for sure. No way to beat that.

I hope I am wrong
Old 13th March 2013, 18:03   #21
ZMG
BHPian

@Shiv_1984: How do you find the car on the highways? Does it feel under powered like the Beat when on the highway, or is it just about enough? A friend of mine happened to tell me he was easily able to keep up with the innova and xylo taxi wala's on a recent highway trip. I felt he is exagerrating.
Old 14th March 2013, 14:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
@Shiv_1984: How do you find the car on the highways? Does it feel under powered like the Beat when on the highway, or is it just about enough? A friend of mine happened to tell me he was easily able to keep up with the innova and xylo taxi wala's on a recent highway trip. I felt he is exagerrating.

Innova or Xylo ? I wont even think of racing with a vehicle double the size and power but its so peppy, the car never runs out of steam. The point is not whether it can compete with any XYZ vehicle. For me its all about how do i feel, do i really enjoy driving my car ? If yes, i am happy. Period.

I have done many long drives till now and i am sure I never feel the car is short of power. AFA handling is concerned, dynamics may not be as good as a Swift but its low and wide stance keeps it planted, minor body roll but that's negligible. I have stressed on only one point, the suspension needs to be well sorted out. Nothing else so far.

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 14th March 2013 at 14:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks