Mfg: Apr,2012
Purchase Date: 27thJun,2012
ODO: 5000KM+
Best Mileage: 21.5Kmpl
Worst Mileage: 11.5Kmpl
Engine Specs: 1.2L i-Vtec, 88BHP
Max Speed: 130KMPH
Average Kms per day: 18-20

My first thread on the forum and that’s also an ownership report. I am in a bit of stress to keep forum standards intact, pardon me for any mistakes made inadvertently. Request your support

Introducing:

5000 kms with my Honda Brio-imag1_form.jpg

The Smarter Shot
5000 kms with my Honda Brio-img2012120800184.jpg

The Reasoning
It was a weekend when my upcoming US trip was being discussed amongst me, dad, mom, bro and my wife. I was a bit skeptical as I was visiting Mt Prospect,IL and there were no proper means of transport except trains for commuting to office or call taxis (expensive option). I have been to Europe few times but never faced this commutation problem there. My company was also offering me a car on Rent (self paid) but the problem is, I am not a fully grown up driver yet. I have learnt driving few years back but never really drove much once I left my native. So, it’s just that I can drive but not for commutation.

Bro suggested me to learn driving here, do some practice and then I should be comfortable in US (difficult proposition, I know). Dad and Mom denied upfront and said either you buy a car, learn and drive as much as you can here before driving in US or just forget it. Manage with Public conveyance. Wifey was also taking their side.

I wasn’t too keen to buy a car just because I have to drive in US, while back here I don’t really need a car and looking for a car now means less time to explore, not much ready financially (you need to plan man), divest my funds meant for something else etc etc. Nevertheless, at the back of my mind I was trying to convince myself. All this went for a week whenever there happened to be a family sitting.

One thing was sure, whether I buy a car or not, to make my life easier I have to drive there. I learnt driving from Maruti True Value(Pratham Motors) and in 3 weeks i was much confident. I leave for US with car purchase taking a backseat and to my surprise i drive there for more than 3500miles without a ticket.

It’s June2012 when I come back and the idea of owning a car was long rooted and bad bit is now I have got into a habit of commuting in a car. I set following expectations and promised myself backing off if all boxes aren’t checked

1. Fuel Type : Petrol (low running/month)
2. Car Type : Hatchback
3. Budget : max 6 L
4. Color : Majority Wins here
5. Styling: Nothing muscular, should be small nicely built and reliable.
6. Features: No Initial cost on ICE, ABS is must. All 4 power windows.
7. Maintenance: I cannot afford those sky rocketing A$$ bills; I need something where maintenance is within my reach.

Then comes a Saturday and my Brother talks about the cute little Brio and offered me to go and check it out. I agreed and we went to Dakshin Honda, Hosur road for a Test Drive. My First Impression

1. Spacious to the true sense (seating space, we are all average size and 5 can get in without much fuss)
2. Fun to Drive, zippy little engine with lots of power to offer. Nice steering .Nice interior quality too.
3. Super silent I-vtec and refinement (Nothing beats Honda when it comes to Petrol)
4. Bad for weekend trip luggage or those airport runs. Forget India touring, it’s not meant for that anyways.
5. No good to have features compared to Hyundai but all safety features within my reach (for me that’s more imp).
6. They were giving discounts (free insurance, mud flaps, body cover worth around 25k).

The choices

I didn’t want to hurry, informed the SE that we liked the car but nothing to confirm as of now and left the showroom. While returning back we made up our mind to visit Advaith Hyundai and Pratham Motors both within 5kms from my home, tomorrow.
Swift, Ritz, i10 and i20 (all petrol) were test driven and shortlisted Swift from the lot. My take:

Swift: Tried and Tested, superb engine and good resale value. New one is as spacious as Brio with a slightly bigger boot. Top end has all required features.

Ritz: All the same as swift in driving and handling. What I didn’t like is the body roll, black interiors and back seat legroom. Rear is clautrophobic too. Interior quality looks too Spartan. Swift is better in all aspects. I don’t mind the boomerang shape and it indeed looks different from the lot.

i20: Underpowered, takes time to react even without the A/C but Spacious and fully loaded. I know i20 diesel is fabulous but that’s not in contention here.

I10: I actually felt the body roll; It was more than what I expected initially, everything else was good and pretty much the same as Brio whether its boot space, interiors, engine power, refinement etc. Still, since I have to select between i10 and Brio, I selected the later just for the exclusivity factor and the brand name. Both look good to me. Yea, I know i10 beats Brio in the features department but not much of a priority to me. What I was looking after is how much smile the car has to offer to the driver and not the passenger.

Kept Figo out as the petrol variant is way behind the competition and Beat has messy interiors not to my taste. No offence meant. Punto, Jazz, and Polo were out of my budget even though I must say, I would have bought Jazz with no second thought, if I had that extra weight in my wallet

The eagerness within me to buy a car grew with time and now I was into it. I am sure we all like ourselves to get indulged in that feeling, isn’t it?

Few Pics now

To me rear looks Stunning:
5000 kms with my Honda Brio-img2012120800180.jpg

5000 kms with my Honda Brio-img2012120800181.jpg

Those are my 6 faithful wheels:
5000 kms with my Honda Brio-optimizeddsc02389.jpg

Mean look:
5000 kms with my Honda Brio-optimizeddsc02390.jpg

The final Showdown:

Brio and Swift had a head on competition here on the following factors:
1. Exterior: Brio has a futuristic design and isn’t to everyone’s taste, but after all, the car isn’t for everyone, back looks quirky and opinions were divided. Pretty new car to talk about on reliability but you have nothing to worry with a HONDA.
Swift is big from outside and universally acceptable and if you are the one who likes to be going along with the popularity, you cannot ignore this. It has plenty of sweet spots as well. I am kind of in-between. I do like swift but somehow could not ignore the looks of Brio. Both are equally powerful and frugal. They are driver’s car with loads of fun and yet economic to maintain.
Vote: A TIE

2. Engine response and handling: Not an expert comment but I didn’t feel much difference in this category. Powerful, exciting and acceptable FE. Swift is a more sorted handler and edges out Brio. Brio excels in outright acceleration. Swift has undoubtedly better suspension but brio has better drivability.
Vote: A TIE

Interiors: Brio wins; superb fit and finish, Quality is better and looks as spacious as swift. Factory fitted ICE and is more airy (has its own side effect in summer but in Blore its never too hot, we all know).
Barring ZXI, Swift has some key aspects missing. Full black interiors, no ICE, heard about bad braking on the forum and skinny tyres (ZXI was out of my budget). Anything else not mentioned here doesn’t matter to me.
Vote goes to BRIO

Safety: ABS is a mustand fortunately Brio S (o) had this option and was within my budget. Vxi was sorely missing out on pretty much everything that Brio S (o) could have offered me on this front.
Vote goes to BRIO

Resale: I know Maruti excels in this department, but I have read somewhere that to keep Market prices in control, Honda buys back its cars in a big way. I know this is true as recently a friend of mine got a good price for his NHC. So nothing to worry and anyhow this was a low priority point.
No Voting

6. Price: Both were available within a week. I was offered discounts worth 25k on brio and on swift (you know), nothing. Prices were almost equal so benefit of doubt goes to BRIO as for me it already has that edge by now.
Vote goes to BRIO

Decision Day
I was almost done with my finalization and Brio was the front and the only runner now. Final discussions went underway with my family and we decided to go ahead. I went with my bro to Dakshin Honda (informed the SE on our arrival before) and took a TD again. We go through all the details and freeze on S (o) variant. I was happy that I was able to get a car which has all that I wanted and still in my budget. We speak to the finance guy and he starts the process with HDFC bank. We pay the booking amount of 10k and delivery was promised within next week.

Loan processing was from HFDC and was done in 4 days flat, post confirmation we were asked to visit the showroom to pay the final amount. This time it was my mom, dad and my wife who accompanied me. Bro wasn’t in town. They all liked the car and I made the payment. Few stats here on the car price etc:

1. Car: Honda Brio S (o) MT
2. OTR : 6.14 lacs (Blore)
3. Discount : 25k (freebies already mentioned)
4. Final OTR : 5.90lacs

Alls done and now the final wait begins. I and my wife were eagerly waiting for our new family member and already started with the planning on the upkeep and who will do what. The delivery was promised on 27th June,2012.

I call the dealer and ask him for the PDI before the car goes for registration, 2 days before delivery. He gives me an appointment for 3:00PM and comes along to the stock yard. No prizes to guess what I referred for the PDI (though I wasn’t a member then). The make was March, 2012 and car was looking new in all aspects. Tyres were Goodyear and I have read in the forum that GY is better than MRF so satisfied here as well.

Delivery Day
I was accompanied by my bro, bhabhi and my wife. It was lazy late Sunday evening (5:00 PMish) but the SE was waiting with all the formalities and the delivery bay/stage was all set. It was my first car and you can sense how happy I was. Just a flashback and the whole sequence of events went through my mind. I never wanted to buy a car and now I am on cloud 9 with our new member going to become forever ours. I wasn’t alone and my family was right beside me during this delightful occasion. They were equally happy and so was I.

To my disappointment, the car wasn’t looking immaculate, I mean not properly polished, marks here and there etc, definitely not how a new car should look. I am very particular when it comes to looks, even my 2008 P200 is maintained like new (almost 40000 on the ODO now). I became suspicious and did a PDI again. A sign of relief, it’s the same car. I give 30mins to the SE to get it in order and he made it manageable within that. I wasn’t very happy with the finishing at all. It could have been better and I have mentioned that in my feedback as well. They do make you feel special, but if your car isn’t treated specially, the hoopla ends

Finally get the car handed over, distribute some chocolates to the guys there and leave. We get the Puja done at Koramangala Panchmukhi Hanuman temple near BDA complex and get it tanked up

Few More Pics to make way for the final ownership and driving experience

The cabin:
5000 kms with my Honda Brio-optimizeddsc02379.jpg

The Dash:
5000 kms with my Honda Brio-optimizeddsc02383.jpg

The ODO:
5000 kms with my Honda Brio-optimizeddsc02384.jpg

The boot:
5000 kms with my Honda Brio-optimizeddsc02388.jpg

My experience with the Car so far

Performance and FE:

1.We all know what an engine iVtec is, so nothing more on its refinement, smoothness etc. Few jazz owners complain of it being underpowered, but the same 1.2 when powers Brio, feels superb and shows no sign of strain even at 130KMPH and certainly feels planted. Super duper smooth.

2.The car is super silent and idles at around 900RPM. Cold start show engine toggling around 1100-1200RPM and in 2mins down to normal. Pulls cleanly in 2nd from as low as 10 and with a little clutch slip, does carry from 30 in 3rd. 4th goes right up 100 and 5th after that is stress free right up to 130(max I have attained so far). I have tested this while our recent trip to Chennai.

3.Clutch feel is moderate and A pedal needs to be revved really hard, a typical Honda stint I know. Don’t expect it to jump the moment you push the pedal, i10 response is marginally better, I feel. Steering feedback is awesome at city speeds and weighs up adequately on highways. I don’t feel it’s as over assisted as few forum members complained. With A/C on, it’s slower than what I expected but still no slouch.

4.Gear throws are short. Sufficient for city driving but downshift is an absolute necessity while emergency overtaking on highways. I am done with my 2nd service and still gear shifts aren’t too smooth, especially 1st to 2nd. Service guy promised it will be improve now; I am yet to see any though

5.If not at right speed, down shifting is cumbersome. Shifting to 2nd at 30 is hard and is easy at 20 or 10. Is this common with all cars? I drove my friend’s Figo diesel and gears shifts are super smooth compared to my Brio.

6.City driving gives me an FE of around 13.5 and highway around 17-19. Max I have attained is 21 and lowest figure is 11.5.

7.Eco light indicator is fishy. It considers current gear, speed, tarmac inclination for calculating the FE. I don’t consider it to be precise still try to keep it on most of the times.

Exterior and Interiors:

1.Build quality and mechanicals are solid. No loose bits, no uneven gaps but still doors could have been stronger. I feel they are made of lighter material. Don’t expect that European build quality yet mostly satisfactory from a car of its segment.

2.HLs are quite good and never felt a need to upgrade. Adequate throw and is sufficient for city and occasional Highway trips.

3.A/C needs to be more effective and isn’t the best in the business. Mostly O.K for our city conditions. May be that is due to the large green house area, still scope of improvement can’t be ruled out. More points to swift and i10 here. A level of 2 is min if you have rear passengers in normal weather.

4.ICE may fall short of expectation for an audio enthusiast but sufficient for me, sound cracks at north of Level 14. Additionally, too much vibration from the door pads and is a distraction. I keep it at a decent 12 where it sounds best.

5.Dashboard look is very basic but quality is top notch. Hard plastic and beige combo exudes class. Missing CD player isn’t too bothering for me. I wouldn’t have used it anyway. I10 scores more here and you know why.

6.I don’t like the positioning of Power window buttons for the driver; I often press the rear window button by mistake while trying to open mine. Rear buttons look a cost cutting measure for sure.

7.GC is an issue till you consider it an issue. A little care would ensure you never bottom out the rear. We know it’s less but isn’t that low where it poses a threat like in a Civic. Crossing bigger breakers diagonally should get you through easily. This is reqd only when you car is filled to max.

8.Wipers are very basic and need an upgrade. Windscreen washer is just O.K. and isn’t very effective.

9.Missing rear defogger has put me off. I felt the need when It rained heavily in blore due to cyclone Nilam and I literally couldn’t see anything through my RVM, it all fogged up. Small RVM is anathor issue but minor.

10.Boot space could have been better. I don’t know why Honda didn’t consider it important during their design stage. For most of us it will be the only car and yet if we can’t carry a weekend luggage then what’s the point. 2 average bags kept vertically and you are left with a place for 3rd small one only.

11.Seat quality is brilliant, better than i10 and swift, driver and co-driver have sufficient under thigh support but Ingress and egress is difficult for the elderly. My mom who is an arthritis patient finds it a pain. She needs more space.

12.Tire noise is prominent at speeds above 100KMPH. I have got GY 175 section set.

13.Front suspension needs to be sorted out well. It’s not mature at all and most of the imperfections creep in.

14.Steering is good to hold but an extra after market cover will improvise the grip.

15.One thing that bothers me is the crumple zones. God forbidden, if ever we had an accident, don’t have too much scope for the car to absorb most of the impact. I am sad when I think about this.

16.Rear glass is pretty solid and strong. Close it hard it would still stay tall.

Niggles:

1.[I need your advice on this] I pulled my car to 130KMPH and felt a minor but definite wobbling sensation from the tires. Is it an alarm to get it checked or it’s just the road sense? I never felt anystrain on the engine but I reduced the speed in anticipation within few mins.

2.I heard a crackling sound from my left rear suspension whenever It went through a pothole bigger than average. I reported to the service and they shaved it off saying some stones might have hit. It continued and a TD with the Service guy revealed it has something to do with the suspension setup. They removed the left rear suspension, did something (fixing screws, lubricating etc) and put it back. It seems to be fixed now, but not sure, will take it on a more serious note if the sound returns.

3.Switch gear area made some g-rr-rrrr-rrr sound and can be heard only when it’s fully silent outside. It’s awful. Gave an hour to find where is the problem, it was a loose screw.

4.Clutch made a chunky sound whenever pressed or returning back to original position. Service chap said something to do with lubrication and fixed in 2nd service. It’s not there now still I am speculative, any sound next time and I am going to research deep on the reasons.

Small Wish List of Improvements:

1.An Extra 20-30cms of boot space will add more practicality.

2.A little more functional and feature laden dashboard like an ACC or Bluetooth for those who really need it. Atleast for the top variant.

3.Seat height adjuster and bigger RVM.

4.Crumple zones need to be more meaningful.

5.A rear defogger and wash/wipe is a must have.

6.Sorted Gearbox, pls eliminate the notchy, hard gear shift behavior

7.Poor people like us cannot afford to have highly expensive accessories. C'mon just the fog lamps cost 12000 + taxes

Ending Note
The above are the only points I found worth a mention and I mostly had a stress free experience so far. The car has behaved decently almost on all kinds of road. If boot space isn’t a concern for you, or if this is going to be your 2nd car mostly for city, got for it without a doubt. I like the smiling front of my Car. Driving this one is a sheer pleasure. I just love it for being perfect combination of size, fun, comfort (to each his own) and that H in the front. Incidently i am leaving for Thailand on a vacation and will try to get my hands on the Thai Brio. I will post my experiences once i return.

Expecting your acknowledgment and feedback. Thanks a ton for Reading.

Aloha
Shiv

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 24th December 2012 at 21:40.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 15:44   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 5000 kms with my Honda Brio

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 25th December 2012, 17:09   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Brio. The red one looks good.

Are those art leather seats? How much did it cost you?

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Brio.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 19:47   #4
BHPian

Congrats Shiv on the Brio. My wife too has the red one and she loves to drive it around in the city.

Couple of points I'd agree with you

a) Gear shift is notchy, but I found it to have improved over the time. Mine too was bought in July 2012.

b) FE is more or less in sync with what you've got. The max though we've got is 19kmpl in city. Haven't taken it to highway yet.

How's the performance of GY tyres. I got MRF's can tell you that's the absolute worst tyre you can get. Would certainly look to upgrade soon.

The second service of our Brio is due soon. Could you let me know how much did it cost you?

Hope your love affair (with the lady in red) continue for long. Drive safe!!
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 20:37   #5
BHPian

Congrats on the Brio Shiv, even i got the same colour and variant just a week back. I have just completed 130 KM of ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post

2.I heard a crackling sound from my left rear suspension whenever It went through a pothole bigger than average. I reported to the service and they shaved it off saying some stones might have hit. It continued and a TD with the Service guy revealed it has something to do with the suspension setup. They removed the left rear suspension, did something (fixing screws, lubricating etc) and put it back. It seems to be fixed now, but not sure, will take it on a more serious note if the sound returns.
Even i am getting the same noise when i go over a pothole but from me the noise is coming from rear right suspension. Need to report this during first service.

Gear is very notchy now. Hope it improves over course of time.

Happy and safe driving.
vivekkp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 20:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Brio. The red one looks good.

Are those art leather seats? How much did it cost you?

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Brio.
Thanks. I too expect to have a wonderful time with her. Well, the seats are stock and are lovely. I haven't taken up and aftermarket job on my car yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats Shiv on the Brio. My wife too has the red one and she loves to drive it around in the city.

Couple of points I'd agree with you

a) Gear shift is notchy, but I found it to have improved over the time. Mine too was bought in July 2012.

b) FE is more or less in sync with what you've got. The max though we've got is 19kmpl in city. Haven't taken it to highway yet.

How's the performance of GY tyres. I got MRF's can tell you that's the absolute worst tyre you can get. Would certainly look to upgrade soon.

The second service of our Brio is due soon. Could you let me know how much did it cost you?

Hope your love affair (with the lady in red) continue for long. Drive safe!!
Thanks Arup,the tires are decent enough although no way near to the Michelins but they are quite reliable and better than the JK 175 my colleague's Figo has.
My 2nd service was worth 2500 bucks but it was including interior cleaning, without that it should be around 1200 approx.
Old 27th December 2012, 11:16   #7
BHPian

Shiv, many many congratulations on your little "Red Riding Hood". Must say the red looks quite good on the Brio. My uncle purchased a Brio some months back and I've given it a spin a few number of times. I'm a big fan of the 1.2 L i-VTEC - it has some refinement and power delivery. I like the fact that the engine is never gasping for breath.

BTW I found the Goodyears on his car to be fairly noisy. You may want to look to upgrade there and it'll surely take the Brio's experience up a notch or two. Let me know if you share that sentiment.

Drive safe and keep 'em reports coming!
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 11:37   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Shiv, many many congratulations on your little "Red Riding Hood". Must say the red looks quite good on the Brio. My uncle purchased a Brio some months back and I've given it a spin a few number of times. I'm a big fan of the 1.2 L i-VTEC - it has some refinement and power delivery. I like the fact that the engine is never gasping for breath.

BTW I found the Goodyears on his car to be fairly noisy. You may want to look to upgrade there and it'll surely take the Brio's experience up a notch or two. Let me know if you share that sentiment.

Drive safe and keep 'em reports coming!

Thank You. The GY aren't too noisy within city limits, but then in blore you never get much room to hear them anyways. On the highways, as i mentioned in my report they do make fair amount of noise at speeds as low as 100.
Old 28th December 2012, 19:16   #9
BHPian

I completed my second service.Nothing big to complain so far except for couple of minor things.
  • When pebbles or small stones hit Tyre well area, noise passes into cabin.
  • I have MRF and it creates lot of noise. After service I noticed reduced comfort on uneven roads which made me check pressure, voila! every tyre has it upped by 4psi units! once deflated to prescribed pressure things are good again.
  • I too hate the way power windows switches are placed. Error prone.
  • Seat height adjuster would have been a welcome thing.
  • ICE fails to read any USB above 4GB and delay in playing songs above 10 MB is more.
  • Horn at times feel inadequate.
  • Auto door lock is such a simple thing to achieve from a ECU and missing here!
  • Rear headrest - comm'n Honda how much would it cost you (us) extra?
Old 29th December 2012, 13:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

@shiv,

Congratulations on the Red Fury (if I may call it so). Have seen so many Brio's in Red these days on the road, a sureshot head turner. Add to that the amazing iVtec engine and you got a winner on the roads. Was amazed to know that you could get a 21+ mileage with the Brio.

The only grouse I felt was those mummified like looking integrated front seats. How is the GC, I did see a Brio particularly scraping the speed bumps near my office area.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
Old 30th December 2012, 07:55   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Prologue:

Niggles:

1.[I need your advice on this] I pulled my car to 130KMPH and felt a minor but definite wobbling sensation from the tires. Is it an alarm to get it checked or it’s just the road sense? I never felt anystrain on the engine but I reduced the speed in anticipation within few mins.
Aloha
Shiv
Hi Shiv ,
Nice write up . Its a new car but, might be worth checking uneven Tyre air pressure ,recheck alignment , tyre condition (manufacturing defects). Maybe the suspension problem you mentioned could also be causing this .
I have always found that the maruti guys mess up my wheel alignment and now refuse to get it done from them during service and instead get it done outside. Not sure of Honda. An alignment check at a good alignment centre should also help identify any manufacturing defects (like slight zigzag) with the tyre .
Unfortunately I dont know of any good center here in Bangalore. I get it done from a good trusted place whenever I visit Chennai (which does happen once in 5K kms).

regards,
pads
Old 30th December 2012, 09:58   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I completed my second service.Nothing big to complain so far except for couple of minor things.
  • When pebbles or small stones hit Tyre well area, noise passes into cabin.
=> I totally agree on this, there are sounds which are well audible in the cabin.
  • I have MRF and it creates lot of noise. After service I noticed reduced comfort on uneven roads which made me check pressure, voila! every tyre has it upped by 4psi units! once deflated to prescribed pressure things are good again.
=> I don't know how MRF is so bad that every other BHPian and brio owner is complaining, Is it the case with all MRFs or this one is a cheap rubber? GY isn't a gem anways but never felt like loosing control at speeds of 130KMPH. If it's about the tire noise, its very much there here too.

• ICE fails to read any USB above 4GB and delay in playing songs above 10 MB is more.
=> This is what we software engineers refer as tech mess, for me it works cleanly with my 16GB HP. Never tried with a song wieghing 10megs till now.
  • Horn at times feel inadequate.
=> I differ with you on that, i feel it as grossly inadequate all the times. I am seriously planning to boost up the sound to something more masculine, a european one. Even my pulsar has a much better horn.

• Rear headrest - comm'n Honda how much would it cost you (us) extra?
=> I don't complain HOnda alone, even i10 and Liva(i think) has same integrated Headrests, i mean how much can they really save on this ? The pull on/off type intenna also looks downmarket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@shiv,

Congratulations on the Red Fury (if I may call it so). Have seen so many Brio's in Red these days on the road, a sureshot head turner. Add to that the amazing iVtec engine and you got a winner on the roads. Was amazed to know that you could get a 21+ mileage with the Brio.

The only grouse I felt was those mummified like looking integrated front seats. How is the GC, I did see a Brio particularly scraping the speed bumps near my office area.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

Thank You. Extremely cautious driving at speeds 70-90 KMPH on highways would get you between 19-21KMPL. GC is an issue only when the car is fully loaded, I might scrap if the bumps are taller than usual else, nothing to bother much.
Old 12th March 2013, 11:55   #13
BHPian

Quote:
4.Crumple zones need to be more meaningful.
Do you think this is worse than say Ritz or i10? And, is this just a "gut-feeling" or a well reasoned opinion?

Thanks for the detailed write-up, it is quite helpful.

Cheers,
Su-47
Old 12th March 2013, 14:17   #14
BHPian

Very neutral review, thanks.

How are you finding the ride quality on bad roads at slower speeds. What is the tyre pressure you are maintaining?
Old 13th March 2013, 12:02   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Do you think this is worse than say Ritz or i10? And, is this just a "gut-feeling" or a well reasoned opinion?

Thanks for the detailed write-up, it is quite helpful.

Cheers,
Su-47

Well, its both. Gut feeling is cuz of the way it looks and opinion is again because its my gut feeling. I am sure, Honda is not a company who will miss such an important security aspect but when you sit inside, the rear seems to be kissing you. Even a small impact is IMO will reach you.
Again, its just that i feel so. Nothing to proove my point.

Thanks!

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 13th March 2013 at 12:13.

Most Viewed