Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2013, 20:16   #16
BHPian

Re: A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post
Wagon R is really an amazing car.
Yes, It is and I am loving it at the moment.

Quote:
Silky silver was the unanimous choice in my family, I wanted the red one but common sense prevailed.
True, have spotted very less red/maroon ones in the new avtar. On the old ones, it was quite common.

Quote:
Its been 2 and a half years and it still rides like the day I bought it (well not really, but almost... I had to exaggerate!! )
I would not exaggerate, but it drives pretty like it used to on day 1.

Quote:
I used to do Pune-Mumbai-Pune trips on the expressway. Early morning trips are so fun. I hit 160 for nearly 5-10 minutes when I am alone . When my car is loaded 140 to 150 is fun but only for a couple of minutes.
I was surprised to see these speeds on a humble Wagon R. Aerodynamics be damned!!
160 on a waggy. Have never even dared to go that far. 130 is what I have managed to touch that too for a couple of seconds. cruising at around 100 is what she stays happy at. Please do not try these kind of speeds.

Quote:
City driving is fun and I really feel in control. I hate to say this but sometimes I feel like an autowallah trying to squeeze through any available gaps in traffic. The effortless steering is commendable. This is one reason I decided on this car.
Haha. Driving in the city has been so easy with the WagonR. The steering feels ultra light but the sad part, it does not weigh up on the highways as well. Once you get the gist of the width, gaps are a rare sight.

Quote:
Suspension is good, nothing too great or bad about it.

Helped move my friends and their stuff to new locations. The boot could have been bigger but the 60:40 seats are magic.
+1. Happy with the boot at present. Enough for a small holiday. Also, we don't carry much luggage around.

Quote:
The only thing that bothers me with this car is that people still call it 'choti gadi'. Its a tallboy hatchback damn it!
Any hatchback for the common man is "choti gadi", Sitting inside one, it doesn't feel like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
WagonR is keeping all faces happy in my family considering its capacity to transaport 5 adults comfortably owing to its good rear leg space. We got a White WagonR VXi in Oct 2012 and have completed 2700 kms till date. Below are some of the pointers:
Congratulations on the purchase. Planning to write a report?

Quote:
1. Great rear room
One of the best in the class and that makes my family smile whenever they get in.

Quote:
2. Comfortable front seats (Got leather seat covers done (Black))
Comfortable, but I find the lumbar support lagging a bit. Just my opinion.

Quote:
3. Nowadays temperatures in Bombay are hitting 32-35 plus and the AC seems to be a bit ineffective in 2nd position. need to notch it up to 3 for a while and then bring it back to 2.
4. Wafer thin sheet metal needs care
7. I find slotting gear in reverse position a bit stiff.
8. Kitna deti hain ?? 13 - 14 on my daily runs from Borivali to Powai.
3. In the afternoons, I too feel a need to switch up to 3 or 4 sometimes after the car is parked under the sun. After 30 mins or so, position 2 is comfortable. 1 is useless in Mumbai I feel.
4. The only reason I find many WagonR's dented from places all over.
7. That would be a bit of a problem in the initial stages. It smoothens out later. Speaking from experience. Mine to had the same issue which seems to have smoothened out now.
8. Nice average you are extracting there. I am not getting above 12 in the city. The western Express Highway cannot be considered as a Highway, rite?

Quote:
A very faint hum is coming most probably from the AC (not sure though) when I press the accelerator pedal specially in 3rd gear. not sure what this is ? any idea guys ?
Thats strange, I never heard that sort of a noise anytime in my car. Would be checking out and let you know.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 15:51   #17
BHPian

Hello Carzone,

I have an initial report posted titled 'My blue eyed white boy'.

Talking about average, here is what I found.

1. I generally travel to office at 10:30 AM, by which the WEH starts behaving like a highway and there are no jams, can comfortably pull along on 3rd/4th gear at 50 - 55 kmph.
2. On my return home all depends on how is the traffic flow on JVLR. WEH from hub mall to dindoshi flyover is perenially jam. after that till Borivali it is a pretty smooth drive.
3. last month tried the Aarey colony road to reach Powai, but that road is full of potholes + is 3kms longer than JVLR + 15rs toll and I could not go above 30-40 kmph all on 2-3rd gear with constant gear changes and my average plumeted to 11 kmpl. stoped using that road for good.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 7th March 2013, 17:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I have an initial report posted titled 'My blue eyed white boy'.
Would be checking out, if I haven't done that already. Might have read your report, but just have slipped out of mind.

Quote:
Talking about average, here is what I found.

1. I generally travel to office at 10:30 AM, by which the WEH starts behaving like a highway and there are no jams, can comfortably pull along on 3rd/4th gear at 50 - 55 kmph.
2. On my return home all depends on how is the traffic flow on JVLR. WEH from hub mall to dindoshi flyover is perenially jam. after that till Borivali it is a pretty smooth drive.
3. last month tried the Aarey colony road to reach Powai, but that road is full of potholes + is 3kms longer than JVLR + 15rs toll and I could not go above 30-40 kmph all on 2-3rd gear with constant gear changes and my average plumeted to 11 kmpl. stoped using that road for good.

Regards
Dieseltuned
You travel mostly off traffic and that aids your average up a bit. What goes against me is the numerous short trips my car undergoes of about 4-5 kms and that what gets the FE down.

Anyhow, wish I get to stretch the legs on long highway trips where I can get the actual gist of the FE. Will keep on updating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

From a couple of days I have been feeling that the fan speed of the AV has been reduced noticeably.
On the pointer 2, it seems too low and the air almost has zero flow on pointer 1. Would be taking up with the ASS as and when I happen to spare some time.
Old 7th March 2013, 17:47   #19
ZMG
BHPian

@carzone: Congrats for getting the WagonR. I was once looking at it, sometime last year. I was in the same boat as you, dad wanted alto k10 (I absolutley hated it) and I was hell bent on the WagonR. The WagonR has its USP in terms of practicality and the awesome all round view.
For your fuel efficieny part, since your running is very low, its quite possible there is a lot of dust that has filled into your air filter. If you can open it on your own, just examine it and try to clean it. Or even better, if it looks dirty get a new one. Should'nt cost you much.

Keep Driving.
ZMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 18:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
@carzone: Congrats for getting the WagonR. I was once looking at it, sometime last year. I was in the same boat as you, dad wanted alto k10 (I absolutley hated it) and I was hell bent on the WagonR. The WagonR has its USP in terms of practicality and the awesome all round view.
For your fuel efficieny part, since your running is very low, its quite possible there is a lot of dust that has filled into your air filter. If you can open it on your own, just examine it and try to clean it. Or even better, if it looks dirty get a new one. Should'nt cost you much.

Keep Driving.
Thanks ZMG!
I had it in mind to get my air filter cleaned. Had it cleaned 3 months ago during the routine service. Any pointers on how to DIY?
Referred the manual, it needs opening of the engine cover, but there are wires out there which I fear to touch.
Any idea from where I can get a video or something and do it accordingly.

Thanks!
Old 7th March 2013, 19:16   #21
ZMG
BHPian

ZMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 19:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey Congratulations on your first car, am sure it will carry lot of value for you and your family. Wagon R is a good choice and is a very practical car. Wanted to check on the ground clearance since this comes shod with 13 inch, what difference would it make compared to the 14 inch Alloys that come shod with VXI?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 19:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Hey Congratulations on your first car, am sure it will carry lot of value for you and your family. Wagon R is a good choice and is a very practical car. Wanted to check on the ground clearance since this comes shod with 13 inch, what difference would it make compared to the 14 inch Alloys that come shod with VXI?
Thanks ku69rd!

On the ground clearance, I have not faced any kind of issue till date.
The car has not scrapped the bottom IIRC in the 9500kms she has been traveling.
Have traveled with 5 adults+1 kid with some luggage on the city roads and still, not yet scrapped.
About the 14 inchers with the VXi, I don't know and hence would refrain from commenting. But, I guess, no problems what-so-ever.
Old 8th March 2013, 18:30   #24
BHPian

Congrats !
Last year i also almost bought a graphite grey Wagon R Lxi CNG as my daily running is 50-60 Kms at least. I test drove a few cars namely Ritz-D, Beat-D and Figo but had to settle with a pre-owned Esteem from True Value as i was not very convinced to take up another loan.
It is a nice car indeed, perfect for city. Loved that high seating and interiors. Get some decent black alloys, they would look superb !
sudeep11787 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 18:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep11787 View Post
Congrats !
I test drove a few cars namely Ritz-D, Beat-D and Figo but had to settle with a pre-owned Esteem from True Value as i was not very convinced to take up another loan.
Esteem is also one of the better cars from the MSIL stable. I was in love with the design aspects during my childhood days! I am still Young!

If I had the budget, may-be I would have been driving a Ritz-D or a Swift-D.

Quote:
It is a nice car indeed, perfect for city. Loved that high seating and interiors. Get some decent black alloys, they would look superb !
Alloys on the line, waiting for the M-factor.
Would be getting it with the tyre replacement for sure. These JK's are not to my liking and might be changed soon.
Old 11th March 2013, 10:10   #26
BHPian

Many congrats Carzone on your purchase.

Thanks for a nice detailed review. Wagon R probably provides the best value for money in its segment.

Couple of my relatives have recently purchased it. The fact that both of them towered above 6' might also have swung the deal in Wagon R's favor. Undoubtedly, Wagon R provides ample headroom with decent handling.

Wish you many happy and safe miles on your Wagon R
Gotham_City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 22:19   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
Many congrats Carzone on your purchase.

Thanks for a nice detailed review. Wagon R probably provides the best value for money in its segment.
Thank you Gotham City. Glad you like the review, the official reviews are the inspirations!

Quote:
Couple of my relatives have recently purchased it. The fact that both of them towered above 6' might also have swung the deal in Wagon R's favor. Undoubtedly, Wagon R provides ample headroom with decent handling.
Yes, its a very spacious car from the inside. No shortage of the headroom and legroom is also more than sufficient. A 6' can be accommodated in the rear as well. Only the width, sitting 3 healthies shoulder to shoulder might be a tight fit.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 11:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Any plans getting a CNG kit for your vehicle? They prove very very VFM. In-fact just suggested a relative to go for a CNG vehicle instead of a petrol one.
Hello Carzone,

Frankly speaking - fuel cost comes to average of Rs. 6.5 per KM in city considering mileage of 12 KMPL, which I feel is on higher side.

I have thought of installing CNG kit in my Car many times & have gone through various CNG success stories on T-BHP. But what stops me is loss of boot space. This is so because for your & my family usage of Car is more for short out of city trips & very less within city (limited to social visits at freinds / relatives).

As of now I am thinking of buying a 2010 Tata Manza (for approx Rs. 2.5 / 2.75 lacs) & install a CNG Kit, which will mean comfort of sedan, economy of CNG & availability of boot space. But I am yet to find any success story of CNG installation in Tata Manza.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 12th March 2013 at 11:16.
Old 12th March 2013, 12:02   #29
BHPian

I am still to overcome my fear of huge gas tanks sitting on the behinds of my passengers. I get virtually scared seeing those huge gas tanks and start contemplating bad things. so no CNG for me till I get rid of this fear.

Post edited by Navin
Old 12th March 2013, 20:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
I have thought of installing CNG kit in my Car many times & have gone through various CNG success stories on T-BHP. But what stops me is loss of boot space. This is so because for your & my family usage of Car is more for short out of city trips & very less within city (limited to social visits at freinds / relatives).

As of now I am thinking of buying a 2010 Tata Manza (for approx Rs. 2.5 / 2.75 lacs) & install a CNG Kit, which will mean comfort of sedan, economy of CNG & availability of boot space. But I am yet to find any success story of CNG installation in Tata Manza.

Thanks,
Won't installing a rooftop carrier solve the problem? This is the suggestion given to me by most of the friends/relatives. Though the look and aerodynamics of a not so aerodynamic car may get affected, but it is practical.

The problem is that my usage, at the moment does not warrant CNG. Hardly using it for around 100kms a month or so won't cover the costs soon. If you drive to work, then it is worth it, or else, its not the time yet.

Why don't you pick up a 2010 or so SX4 and get a CNG kit in it. SX4 already has a CNG version so the ASS might be more comfortable with the CNG kit as well. An uncle with the SX4 is planning of getting the car converted to CNG. SX4 too has quite a huge boot.

Quote:
I am still to overcome my fear of huge gas tanks sitting on the behinds of my passengers. I get virtually scared seeing those huge gas tanks and start contemplating bad things. so no CNG for me till I get rid of this fear.
It's completely safe to have a huge gas tank behind you now. All the taxis in Mumbai run on CNG as it is the most economical fuel and how many of them have met with an accident? You know how taxi guys maintain their cabs, and then too, it does not create a problem.

I would suggest you to take a visit to the service center and the guys there might be ready to show you the safety parameters of CNG. Hope this fear gets off fast and you start saving on fuel bills!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks