Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2013, 18:24   #31
BHPian

Re: A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy

Congrats for the WagonR-one of the most practical buys from the Maruti Stable. I have driven one of my friend's CNG version many times from Delhi to Gurgaon route and apart from lesser torque in lower RPMs, the ride has been hassle free.
Wish you loads of happy miles with the car.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 20:09   #32
BHPian

Nothing much to update here. ODO reads 9797 kms and the ride has been hassle free.
Last week, some cats and dogs made the bonnet their playground leaving scratched on it and the front fenders as well. Would go for the polishing to get them touched up. The scratches aren't that deep to be seen casually. A keen eye can make a difference.
The car cover was also torn apart and would be ordering a new one soon.

The ride has been hassle free and I am enjoying it every bit.

This pic is from my Dahanu trip in November 2012. Just a bit of photoshop here and there.

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-161120121934.jpg
Old 4th June 2013, 22:29   #33
BHPian

Update:

The car completed 10,000 Kms on the 25th of May 2013, some 2.5 years after starting its journey. A very slow pile up it has been.
No problems what-so-ever except a thud sound sometimes while going over potholes. Will get it checked at the service next month.

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-img_0724.jpg

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-img_0725.jpg

Also, on the 2nd June, the car got it's first major dent. Had been to eskay resorts in Borivali where someone banged it up in the parking lot. Had been late at night and came to know about this only when the watchman noticed it in the morning.

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-img_1610.jpg

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-img_1611.jpg

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-img_1612.jpg

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-img_1613.jpg

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-img_1614.jpg

The boot can now not be opened with the key. The locking mechanism has caved in.
Got a quote of about 3-4k after claiming insurance from MASS. They are opting to change the boot door as well as cover the bumper as well which has some scratches.
FNG quoted 3.5k for the dent repair and a paint job for the boot door.

At the moment, thinking of getting it done at the FNG. Comments please.
Old 4th June 2013, 22:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Got a quote of about 3-4k after claiming insurance from MASS. They are opting to change the boot door as well as cover the bumper as well which has some scratches. FNG quoted 3.5k for the dent repair and a paint job for the boot door. At the moment, thinking of getting it done at the FNG. Comments please.
Hello Jigar,

Firslty let me congratulate you on completing 10,000 kms in your wagonR K10 & believe this is just the start. Hope you know that Parag from Banglore has completed 2,00,000 kms on his WagonR (2nd generation model).

Further it feels really sad to see that dent on your Car's hatch. I will not ask how & why because the damage is already done & there is nothing we can do about it.

I will strongly suggest you to go with FNG & do not approach MASS to claim insurance amount. Also you will loss no claim bonus on your car's insurance policy. Also I do not really see the need to change entire hatch door. The damage is pretty minor & FNG will do a wonderful job to bring it to original shape & color.

Infact one of my neighbor have done a similar work at MASS (Shivam Auto, Kandivali) & the paint job is not upto mark. Thus I will definitely suggest to approach FNG & get it done there.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 22:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Firslty let me congratulate you on completing 10,000 kms in your wagonR K10 & believe this is just the start. Hope you know that Parag from Banglore has completed 2,00,000 kms on his WagonR (2nd generation model).
Yes, I am following his thread and it is awesome the way he has maintained his car after so many years. I might take many many more years to reach that mark with the amount of driving I do.

Quote:
Further it feels really sad to see that dent on your Car's hatch. I will not ask how & why because the damage is already done & there is nothing we can do about it.

Was not in the right mood the next day, but then had to accept what had happened.

Quote:
I will strongly suggest you to go with FNG & do not approach MASS to claim insurance amount. Also you will loss no claim bonus on your car's insurance policy. Also I do not really see the need to change entire hatch door. The damage is pretty minor & FNG will do a wonderful job to bring it to original shape & color.

Infact one of my neighbor have done a similar work at MASS (Shivam Auto, Kandivali) & the paint job is not upto mark. Thus I will definitely suggest to approach FNG & get it done there.

Thanks,
Same thoughts going through my mind. I am paying the same amount weather I do it from MASS or a FNG. All the more, going to MASS means loosing the NCB as well. Thinking of getting it done at the earliest, can't see it in this condition for no fault of mine.
Old 1st July 2013, 12:32   #36
BHPian

The last month has been a bad one, and also a good one in some terms for the waggie.
The running in the last month came upto around 1000Kms. On a higher side for a car which runs 4000kms a year.

Bad news, Someone again banged up the boot door.

Had been to Lonavala on 22nd last month. Had parked her securely in the parking, while we were off to Bushi Dam. When we came back, this was what we saw.

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-abcd0005-large.jpg

The part marked in red was fro the previous incident and the one marked in yellow is what occurred that day.

I was mad at the attendant and told him that I had paid for the parking and it was his responsibility to take care that no one bangs it. He shows me the fine print on the receipt "Parking at owners Risk". Understood there is no use arguing with him and made my way. Ofcourse, did not pay the parking fees.

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-abcd0004-large.jpg

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-abcd0003-large.jpg

It has been a week and I was not feeling like posting it here. That incident ruined the whole trip.

Consulted the same FNG where I was to give it for the previous dent. He quoted 7k for the job, but the way he was speaking, I felt he was not confident of getting it to the original shape. More, the brackets in the bumper were broken due to the impact.

Decided to claim insurance(New India) this time as the boot door had crippled at too many places. Insurance estimate is around 24k for the replacement of the door and the bumper. Have given it at Sai Service, Borivali and would be getting it tomorrow. Also, the service was undertaken, would come to know the cot and all tomorrow.

One positive that can be brought out is, atleast I did not repair the previous dent, our would have been all the more heart-burning to see a the dent again.

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-abcd0006-large.jpg

The 11k mark coming up within a month. The trip to Lonavala gave an average of about 16kmpl again as well. That involved some spirited driving and ghats as well. The drive on the old highway was fantastic. One of the first encounters with ghats for us!
Old 1st July 2013, 14:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Parking at owners Risk". Decided to claim insurance(New India) this time as the boot door had crippled at too many places. Insurance estimate is around 24k for the replacement of the door and the bumper.
Hello Carzone,

"Parking at Owner's Risk" is the worst slap on car owner's face because even after charging very high parking fees, they are not responsible for any loss.

Really sorry to see your Car getting two dents in one month. Also the latest hit seems to be harder than the first one.

You made a good decision to get the work done at Sai Service & claim insurance this time, because the local mechanic may not have been able bring the bumper back to its original look & fit.

I guess you will get only 50% claim on plastic part (bumper) & full claim on paint job. There will also be some depreciation (mostly 20%) on the door cost, which you will have to bear.

Do let us know that exact damage to your pocket tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 12:06   #38
BHPian

Got the car back day before yesterday. The new boot door as well as the rear bumper have been fitted and it no way seems as an after fitment. Happy with the work done.

The total bill came out to Rs. 19145/- quite less then the estimate provided of around 24k.

Attaching the pics of the bill given.

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-scan0001-large.gif

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-scan0002-large.gif

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-scan0003-large.gif

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-scan0004-large.gif

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-scan0005-large.gif

Mine was not a cashless policy, and hence had to pay the full amount upfront. Would be getting a refund from the insurance company soon and that is when I will come to know the dent to my pocket.

Have not yet got the time to go and click some proper pics of the rear, would do that soon. Till then

A Maruti WagonR Story - The blue eyed boy-abcd0009.jpg

Also, the service was carried out, the bill of which came to around 4200 bucks. It included break cleaning and other stuff. Update on that later.

Last edited by carzone : 4th July 2013 at 12:07.
Old 5th July 2013, 00:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

This is sad. Good to see that the car is back in shape. While we are at it, who is your FNG and also, why didnt you give your car at Paramount? Btw, I was recently informed that Spectra too has a service outlet at Kashimira now.
Old 5th July 2013, 09:13   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
This is sad. Good to see that the car is back in shape. While we are at it, who is your FNG and also, why didnt you give your car at Paramount? Btw, I was recently informed that Spectra too has a service outlet at Kashimira now.
1. My FNG: the one beside Snehaanjali. The rassaz road. Have been to him a couple of times in the past for minor problems.

2. I have a close relative who works in SaiService Borivali. Due to this our car goes there for each and every servicing.

3. Spectra in Kashimira? Never saw any banners or ads. Would check out. Thanks!

BTW, who is your FNG? Would be glad to know some reliable chap around.
Old 5th July 2013, 16:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. My FNG: the one beside Snehaanjali. The rassaz road. Have been to him a couple of times in the past for minor problems.

2. I have a close relative who works in SaiService Borivali. Due to this our car goes there for each and every servicing.

3. Spectra in Kashimira? Never saw any banners or ads. Would check out. Thanks!

BTW, who is your FNG? Would be glad to know some reliable chap around.
Mine in near Bhaktivedanta hospital; a chap named prakash (near car decor). Infact, there are multiple workshops there and most mechanics are prakash. Regarding Spectra, even I didnt know till I visited the showroom last month w.r.t a new Alto800 and got the information from the SA's visiting card. Seems it is in the lane inside the Kashimira Police Station. So somewhere near, TANVI Eminence/Balwa House.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks