Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2015, 21:34   #46
BANNED

Re: Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
Thanks Over.drive and akshay1234 for your reply. I have tried everything on the idrive and also on the physical console (max/just AC/lowest temp/auto settings etc) but nothing seems to work. I can vouch that it was working perfectly 15 days back. Would chill the cabin in no time. Will give it another try tomorrow morning with a peaceful head. In the meantime, if I get any FNG reference, I am happy to take the car to them and get it fixed for good.
Sid, I have PMed you info about a workshop that might be able to help you. Are such problems occurring due to sudden summer temperatures that are kicking in?
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 11:27   #47
BHPian

Hi everyone,

My pre-worshipped 2009 BMW E60 is due for service (52K done. Onboard display shows its due for an oil change). I have been sending my wife's X1 and my brother's F10 520D to Deutsche Motoren & Bird Automotive respectively in NCR (Faridabad/Gurgaon). No issues with service as such except that I find the cost to be on the higher side.

This E60 is the runabout and will like to save some money on regular service (oil change/air filter cleaning/wash etc). Any pointers to a FNG in Faridabad (anywhere)/Gurgaon (Golf course road/MG road side) or South Delhi (Greater Kailash and abouts) will be helpful. Wish to try and see if a reliable FNG gives the same service and hopefully at much lower cost.

Anybody? A big thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Sid
Old 14th September 2015, 11:39   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This E60 is the runabout and will like to save some money on regular service (oil change/air filter cleaning/wash etc). Any pointers to a FNG in Faridabad (anywhere)/Gurgaon (Golf course road/MG road side) or South Delhi (Greater Kailash and abouts) will be helpful. Wish to try and see if a reliable FNG gives the same service and hopefully at much lower cost.
In your / car's best interests better stick with Dealership . Will suggest you to restrict your service requirements to basic like Oil / Filter change at Dealership - there should not much you can save on cost of oil / filters as long as you are using same grade & quality even if you are buying from outside and chances of getting something wrong are very much possible specially if you don't have access to someone known or get parts from overseas . If your car is serviced at Dealership it should add more value at time of re-sale as an added bonus . However if there is any issue for which some insane amounts are involved you can take opinion elsewhere but for regular service - probably NO
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 17:37   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
Anybody? A big thank you in advance.
I have been a delighted customer of the Bosch Car Care Centre off Sheetla Mata Road, Gurgaon and the owner Devender is a complete car buff who caters to a lot of premium cars on a regular basis. I would recommend this place for your service and repair requirements.
Old 14th September 2015, 18:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
In your / car's best interests better stick with Dealership . Will suggest you to restrict your service requirements to basic like Oil / Filter change at Dealership - there should not much you can save on cost of oil / filters as long as you are using same grade & quality even if you are buying from outside and chances of getting something wrong are very much possible specially if you don't have access to someone known or get parts from overseas . If your car is serviced at Dealership it should add more value at time of re-sale as an added bonus . However if there is any issue for which some insane amounts are involved you can take opinion elsewhere but for regular service - probably NO
I agree Turbanator. Both the other cars have BSI coverage (4yrs/60K) and hence service costs don't bother too much. BSI spoils you; the upfront cost may be an eyesore for some, but when seen as inclusive of Car on-road pricing and service costs over 4 years and intangible cost associated with complete peace of mind when you send your car to the service center, it is completely worth it. This E60 was bought purely out of sheer love for the machine. No BSI and hence the cost related question. Furthermore, what puts me off is the most service advisor approach to do the minimal required when it comes to a BSI covered cars and load up the service sheet with extras for someone who has a simple service request paid in cash at the end of the day. Guess there is no way around it. Will go with your feedback here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I have been a delighted customer of the Bosch Car Care Centre off Sheetla Mata Road, Gurgaon and the owner Devender is a complete car buff who caters to a lot of premium cars on a regular basis. I would recommend this place for your service and repair requirements.
Thank you Devdath. Guess will give him a visit some time soon. Big thank you for your recommendation.

Cheers,
Sid
Old 18th September 2015, 12:53   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by over.drive View Post
Thanks gemi_kk,

It certainly does make a lot of sense to buy a premium car used, provided you find a well maintained car with proper service records and clean history. BMW used cars division (I think it is called Premium Selection) is a great place to look for such cars and I think they come with 1 year warranty too. They are overpriced though. The best thing would be to buy a car directly from a genuine owner. Chances are high that you will get a good deal with the highest value for your buck by dealing directly. I second your views about cost cutting in newer cars.
Hi over.drive,

I have shortlisted a similar 530d with even the color & model matching with yours. Would like to know your ownership experience till now. Also, since it would be almost 6 years old, would like to know how gracefully do they age?? The current odo reading is 42k.

Thanks & Cheers
Old 18th September 2015, 15:26   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamed_explorer View Post
Hi over.drive,

I have shortlisted a similar 530d with even the color & model matching with yours. Would like to know your ownership experience till now. Also, since it would be almost 6 years old, would like to know how gracefully do they age?? The current odo reading is 42k.

Thanks & Cheers
I highly doubt that the 42K mileage is genuine for a 6 years old car. Its a diesel afterall and i'm sure it must have crossed much more than the claimed mileage.

Its a german car and one can very well understand that things can go wrong under wrong service interval maintenance, when you dont have the correct mileage to start of with.

Please do a proper due-deligence before making such purchase and get the car thoroughly checked along with its service history from your nearby bmw dealer. You might have to pay a small amount to bmw but it would be worth it!
Old 18th September 2015, 16:08   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
I highly doubt that the 42K mileage is genuine for a 6 years old car. Its a diesel afterall and i'm sure it must have crossed much more than the claimed mileage.

Its a german car and one can very well understand that things can go wrong under wrong service interval maintenance, when you dont have the correct mileage to start of with.

Please do a proper due-deligence before making such purchase and get the car thoroughly checked along with its service history from your nearby bmw dealer. You might have to pay a small amount to bmw but it would be worth it!
Although I have myself seen dealers fiddling with the odo reading of cars having those conventional rotary odo meters, is it possible that the mileage can be altered in digital meters also? If yes, then these famed German cars also prone to such fiddling?

Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 19:19   #54
BHPian

Hello, My query related to E60 530d 2009.

Does it makes sense to buy now in sense of ownership experience and spare parts wise. Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd August 2023 at 19:21. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 22nd August 2023, 20:07   #55
BHPian

Whenever I look at an E60 5 Series, my mind just goes to the screaming V10 of the M5 of that generation.

I also like the rims on your car, and the blue suits the car as well.

Wishing you many happy journeys!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks