Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 08:27   #31
BHPian

Re: 2012 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga VXi ABS

Hi

came back to your thread after a few days. A friend also has a VXi and after 3500-4000 kms is now getting 12+ in the city. The piece that matters is are you in dense traffic dominated by 1st or 2nd gear driving or are you able to get 4th or even 5th gear driving. My colleagues stays closer to the Bangalore airport and drives a fair distance on 4th or 5th gear and gets much better results.

I would also say allow for a a few hundred more kms and perhaps it should be better. Also, have you driven out on a highway and felt the difference of mileage? If yes then you know the reason why you are getting the present mileage. Its the traffic.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 10:25   #32
BHPian

Re: 2012 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga VXi ABS

Hi Rajain,

Yes, I agree traffic is messy but 10-10.5 (with A/C) I thought was way too less, although I do not think its terrible traffic actually.. I would not be on 4/5 gears often but 3 is the std gear I would be on and driving wise I do not think I use the clutch extensively which will affect my mileage. My earlier Esteem LXi of 2007 used to give me 10 (with A/C) and I was ok with it but even Ertiga? Guess i will wait n watch n then get it checked. The dealer has washed his hands off saying that this will be the case till 5k kms, but i will be relentless and will ask another dealer and see :-).. thanks mate for the input!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks